20+ Year Dipper, giving the vape a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
Does this look legit?

Kevin Holmes Vapor

I wouldn't mind supporting a local guy with good reviews.
Don't know what you posted, CL or not because when I clicked on it it said "url removed", but I did a google search and he has a website for his business as well. Of course, anyone can open a website and post whatever they like. Is he legit? ... who knows but if you live in the area, you could check him out.

PhatClouds

Sep 17, 2017
Oregon
Don't know what you posted, CL or not because when I clicked on it it said "url removed", but I did a google search and he has a website for his business as well. Of course, anyone can open a website and post whatever they like. Is he legit? ... who knows but if you live in the area, you could check him out.

Yeah, he is actually about 15 minutes from my work so not really a huge drive or out of my way. I will have to make it by his shop sometime and see for myself.

PhatClouds

Sep 17, 2017
Oregon
... bet he'll raise an eyebrow and give you an "are you sure" look when you want to try subohm/TC anything 12mg/ml or above LOL. Strong stuff ... at that "speed".

Probably, I dont think im using this rig to its full potential and most likely won't for awhile unless I feel the need.

The current coil I have in my rig is a 0.4ohm 40-80W best at 55-65W, I have noticed I bounce back n forth between 40 to 55W max, is there any harm going below 40W with a stronger nic level?

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
Higher nic levels are best suited for lower wattage and on devices that produce less "clouds" in general ... devices that somewhat mimic a draw similar to a cig (mouth to lung) ... "tootle" vaping. Whether or not your device could produce vape and be under 40W, I can't answer but doubt you'd be happy with it if it does ... but no, it wouldn't harm anything at all. I vape 1.8ohm coils @ currently 8.4-8.6W but will vary from 7.9-9.6W on occasion and mood. The vape is cool and dense, not harsh. I tried subohm, TC, lots and lots of different flavors and found non-flavored tootle vaping is the sweet spot for me. I vape maybe 3-5ml of juice a day, 12 or 18. Took me over a year to find and settle on that sweet spot though ;) ... don't give up !!!

EDIT: I do have some 24mg/ml I break out about once a month but have to be careful of nic overload and only hit it a few times throughout the day while mainly vaping something much lower. You'll find what works best for you.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome glad you are enjoying your starter setup. There are some places that won't go higher than 12 m.g., especially if it's high VG. Others will be more flexible. There are some good online places too. You might want to go to the e-liquid forum to get a sense of vendors people like, it can often be cheaper to buy online.

You can certainly DIY down the road, but I'd focus on getting a stable vape going. Congrats on wanting to quit dipping, that stuff is pretty potent. This is one time where even with a sub0hm setup, I'd say you MAY be able to use higher nic liquid, provided you aren't chain vaping like crazy or getting sx of nic overload. They kind of creep up on you when vaping, as it does take a bit longer to absorb nic through vaping, than with tobacco, although you certainly aren't going to absorb ALL the nic you are vaping, in fact it's usually lower absorption than with tobacco, so there are certainly folks going a bit higher on a sub0hm setup, though typically the VERY high nic setups tend to be more MTL, smaller devices with less wattage, meaning less juice per puff to be absorbed. Just keep in mind the sx of overload-- headaches, nausea, etc. Might want to check out some of the pinned threads in the New Member's Information forum to start getting more information about vaping, there are some very informative pinned threads in there....

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread