26650 Battery Confusion.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tngo

Jan 29, 2015
Seattle
Hi there Veterans!

Currently I am looking at 26650 batteries along with a new 26650 mod. While I look at the battery description I see two statements that throw me off (Listed below). So how is Max Discharging different from Max Pulse Discharging? and I am looking for a powerful 26650 battery, I like getting a good kick when I vape haha! So what will I need to look for if I want a powerful battery, I would guess it have to be the amp? I also am aware that some batteries are just rewrap and lie about the specs. If anyone could also make some helpful suggestions for me of a safe and powerful battery, and a 26650 mod too that would be tremendous help!

- Max Discharging Current: 20A
- Max Pulse Discharging Current: 50A

Currently i am looking at these two batteries to purchase:
Efest IMR 26650 4200 mAh 50A Green Battery
MNKE IMR 26650, 3500mAh, Flat Top

Thanks

TN

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Efest exaggerates it's specs. If they say i'ts a 35 max discharge or higher odds are it is at best 20 amps. Never buy a battery with fire in the name or one from Efest if your looking for more than 20 amps. I use to buy Efest until I found out how dishonest they are. Selling these rip off batteries is gonna get someone hurt. I have Some MMKE but do not remember the specs on them but trust them. I would trust their specs though.

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
Max Discharge is referring to the maximum constant discharge rate (how many amps it can discharge over an extended period without over taxing the cell). Max Pulse Discharge is referring to how many amps it's capable of for only a brief time period

The problem with "Pulse" ratings is that there is no set standard for determining those. Do they mean a pulse of 1 second? 2 seconds? half a second, or less? There's no way to know. For this reason, it's best to only concern yourself with the constant discharge rating for the sake of safety.

As for battery recommendations I'm not well-versed on the available 26650 batteries, though MNKE does have a good reputation in general. I've owned that brand of 18650s and at one time had an MNKE 26650 and all performed well in my experience. At that time it wasn't a very common size in our application, though, so there are many other brands readily available now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread