3.1amp usb auto adapter!

Discussion in 'Vapor4Life' started by TheBlueAdept, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBlueAdept

TheBlueAdept Ultra Member Verified Member

2. Whistles

Whistles Super Member

It says it is shared over two outlets... So will it give a full 3.1 on one outlet?

3. wader2k

wader2k Supplier Associate

Generally speaking, shared across 2 outlets means that 3.1 A or 15W is the most it will provide. If one outlet is already providing 10Watts of power the other outlet only has 5W left to supply.
    The current calculations might be more involved depending on the load resistance.

I do not believe it will supply 3.1 Amps to both outlets simultaneously, but it will probably supply 3.1 A to one outlet if you are not using the other at the same time.

4. BHam

BHam Supplier Associate

Thanks for that Wader!

5. TheBlueAdept

Good catch! Still, one of very few that provide over 2.1a, so I thought was pretty cool. It's not like i'll be vaping 2 passthroughs with it (though could see if someone wanted to recharge a smartphone/tablet at same time, could be issues).

6. Morandir835

Morandir835 Idiot Guru

Supporting member
    +1 Wader sir.

Have tried one of those Blue sir with mixed results. If I only had the pt plugged in would provide more than the 2amps of current, only it topped out in my car at 2.61a from the cigarette lighter, 2.92a from the one behind the console and in the trunk (both of those are rated for 120w), in my truck at worked at 2.43a until it blew the fuse. All depends on the vehicle.

7. TheBlueAdept

Ah, thanks for the info! Darn shame it cant just put out its rated output. :(

Sent from my phone; Please excuse typos / autocorrections.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.