3 day old coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill K

Jan 21, 2015
Ocean City, NJ
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434068550.396023.jpg

This is my coil after 3 days of vaping. Why is it getting so gunked up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Some juices gunk up coils faster than others. Coffee's, dark juices, juices with sweeteners and some others will gunk up coils faster than clear juices without sweeteners. I clean my coils every two or three tankful's requardless. More heat you put to the coil can prolong it a little bit but eventually it will always gunk up. Get into a cleaning program and make your first vape as good as your last vape. That's the best part of rebuilding is keeping things fresh and clean. CHEERS!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
All that, and....

3 days doesn't really mean much. How many mls through it in 3 days? 3? 5? 10? 20?

I tend to clean, dry burn and rewick my Kayfuns and other rebuildables every couple tanks - that's about 8 mls - because I can, and because I get better flavor doing that. Smaller capacity toppers might go a bit longer.

Reactions: zoiDman

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
That is all about the juice.

I mix my own and I have a few recipes that will gunk a coil in 15ml. Have recipes that will go 60ml before it needs cleaned, and even longer.

I've had experimental mixes that gunked a coil after a few drags, but those were learning experiences and never made it into my recipe list. (For a DIY mixer, learning experiences are the things you dispose of...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread