3 Samsung 25r5's in one day? kanger nebox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiledward

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2016
It seems crazy. I've only had this mod since Wednesday.. Only light vaping the first few days. First battery lasted almost two but I really barely used it. Today I definitely used it, solely. But I didn't chain vape it. It was actually turned off more than it was on. I hit it 7-8 hits about 5 seconds at a time intermittently and it's only at around 22 watts in non TC mode with a standard 0.5 ssocc. But yeah I'm on my third 25r5 of the day. Now I'm wondering if I didn't get an old or dysfunctional Nebox or a set of crap Samsungs. 4 from RTD vapor.... Anyone ever run across this?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
It seems crazy. I've only had this mod since Wednesday.. Only light vaping the first few days. First battery lasted almost two but I really barely used it. Today I definitely used it, solely. But I didn't chain vape it. It was actually turned off more than it was on. I hit it 7-8 hits about 5 seconds at a time intermittently and it's only at around 22 watts in non TC mode with a standard 0.5 ssocc. But yeah I'm on my third 25r5 of the day. Now I'm wondering if I didn't get an old or dysfunctional Nebox or a set of crap Samsungs. 4 from RTD vapor.... Anyone ever run across this?

Take a digital multimeter and check the battery voltage when you think it's charged. It should read between 4.18-4.22V. 3.75V is around half charged and 3.2V is pretty much empty. If it reads full you know the charger is charging correctly. If the voltage is low you've got a charger problem. If you're charging with the mod's charger through the USB port, that means you've got a mod problem.

Check battery voltage when you think it's discharged. If it's reading well above empty the mod is reading the voltage wrong and thinks it's empty.

RTD Vapor is a very reputable company. If it turns out the issue is the batts they will fix it for you.

Good luck with it!

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
I'd check your charger first, RTDVapor generally has a good track record of quality and authenticity. If your charger is not a Nitecore, Xtar, or Efest LUC charger, better look into investing into one. If you are charging your batteries in the Nebox, get a charger as soon as you can. That is what I am feeling the issue is, the batteries are not being fully charged to 4.2v, if you have an older trustfire single or 2 bay charger, set the output switch to 4.2v

Reactions: Baditude

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

There is a problem some where.

Check voltage of the battery.

One of following has hsppened.

1. The batteries are not charging correctly.

2. The batteries are getting weak.

3. Your charger may have an issue.

4. Your mod may be using more power that it should.

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA
You can read the voltage on the batteries while they're in the charger. The D4 seems to be pretty accurate.
Tap the yellow button on the side to toggle from one battery to the next, if you have multiple batteries in the charger. With a sub-ohm coil, the battery discharges quicker so don't expect all day vaping on one battery. My wife uses at least 3 batteries a day with her Provari P3 and a .5/.6 Ω coil.

Neiledward

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2016
May I add that right out of the box the batteries didn't have any charge. I can't remember the specific volts on each but the d4 digicharger blinked 1 bar for all 4. They took around 4 hours to get up to 4.2 volts. Thanks again guys I'm going to get a digital multimeter and explore some more. I hope it maybe is just the nebox. It was authentic but maybe the pre-fix version.... I suppose I should try it in TC as well.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

3 18650's in one day? Did you go through about 15ml of eliquid?

Winchester

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Califorina
Hi, This is very interesting. A friend of mine is having the same issue with his Kanger Mini. We traded batteries for a day. I put his battery in my eVic VTC Mini it lasted almost all day. My battery lasted about 3 hours in his Kanger. They are the same batteries bought from the same vendor.

Reactions: Neiledward

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I agree something isn't right.
May I add that right out of the box the batteries didn't have any charge. I can't remember the specific volts on each but the d4 digicharger blinked 1 bar for all 4. They took around 4 hours to get up to 4.2 volts. Thanks again guys I'm going to get a digital multimeter and explore some more. I hope it maybe is just the nebox. It was authentic but maybe the pre-fix version.... I suppose I should try it in TC as well.

Now, this could be relevant. Stored batteries should/would normally arrive in a good state but not usually above 3.7-3.9v.
4 hours is too long i.m.o. in such a situation, so either they were over-drained or there is something wrong with the charger.
The 'bars' are not much use to establish an accurate reading (after the fact) but I would say you might have been sold rather drained batteries.
They (batteries) can't bounce back Ad Infinitum, so I would try some new ones. Rather a few 2nd rate batteries than a dodgy mod. i.m.o.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I have this same problem with my kbox mini. I got through 3 batteries a day easily. all are sony vtc-4'2 and in my cuboid the same batteries will go 30+ hours and still have +/- half battery. kanger mods are not efficient with battery life is what I have come to conclude, though maybe I'm wrong
Oh... this seems to be a worrying discovery all round and kind of ruins my previous theory, although I don't mind that.

Neiledward

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2016
Oh... this seems to be a worrying discovery all round and kind of ruins my previous theory, although I don't mind that.
Maybe it doesn't ruin your theory totally. I noticed the d4 charger with 4 batteries on board charges at a rate of around 300mah but with only 2 takes half the time and charges above 750mah. I failed to mention that earlier.

PhilBrown123

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2016
vermont
www.youtube.com
I like my kanger tanks personally but my mod isnt quite what I had hoped. I havent tried a dual battery kanger mod but I may try one just to see if it is on par with the cuboid. thats the only way for me to really find out I suppose. have been eyeballing the kanger 200w I like the look they have personally and until I got the cubid I assumed it was a battery issue but even my cheaper batteries go longer then I would have expected. just food for thought if I buy the 200w kbox I'll update this thread with info from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread