Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
You're on your way! Fight the battle one stick at a time, and don't count those you smoke as a failure, count those you don't smoke as a victory. It took me a week or two to wean off. You're hearing good advice, so I won't confuse the issue. Just +1 on a good tank (preferably several so breaking one doesn't shut you down); +1 on trying a stiffer nic level; and +1 on trying different flavors until you get one you love, so you reach for your rig instead of a cig :) Good luck. We'll all be right here when you need us...

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
Hello and Welcome to the forums. I currently use 2 tanks personally. One for flavor and lower nic and one for straight 24 mg unflavored for work to make it through the day. :D It took me 3 and a half months to completely transition to vaping. As many said, count only the ones you don't smoke. I would also suggest getting a backup battery as well. Nothing worse than trying to quit smoking and then running out of power on your battery. Your on the right path though!!!! Anything else, do not hesitate to ask. Happy vaping!!!!!! :vapor:

Reactions: DavidOck

TX Foilhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm probably a little bit different from everyone else. Jan 1 I couldn't smoke at work anymore, vaping was OK, but only in the former smoking areas (outside). I started vaping again with the intention of not quitting. In past I had Ben through issues with egos, then issues with egos and tanks on the next attempt. I had a pretty good idea what kind of equipment I needed to get me through the day so I started off this time with something that worked all day with minimal hassle. I could still smoke at home, across the street at lunch or whenever I was off the property during day. That lasted about a month, then I found a flavor that I would rather have more than a cig and that's all it took, I just didn't want another one and never felt like I did. I have had 2 since Feb 2, they were both just to try, not because I just had to have one or anything like that. The first one was about 3 months I and it was pretty much as I remembered it. The second was another couple of months down the road and I didn't care for it and there wasn't really anything about it that I liked.

I think that first month because I cut down so slowly I never had a lot of the issues that people have when they try to switch from one to the other. There's lots of stuff to read here, I had a very good idea about what to expect and that definitely help keep the desire for another cig to a minimum as did the change at work. While I was at work I knew the next one was no more that 4hrs away. I found it was much easier to not stress over it when I knew I would just have to wait. Once I got to that time then I could push it of a little longer if I wanted. The day I stopped I didn't realize it until it was bed time, I just kept saying wait a little while longer and I never got around to it.

Don't stress about it, cutting down is great and it takes a while to get the whole process dialed in to where it can replace a cig.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
everyone your response is so encouraging....I have COOL FIRE five. Tomorrow going in to explore different flavors and maybe up nicotine have 12mg tobacco flavor and still wanting the cigs some. soon as I can get a second set up. I am still smoking less then half before some of it i forget to vape....grab a cig out out habit. Really each post i read and reread thanks so much!

The Habit can be Hard to Break.

I can't tell you How Many Times after switching to e-Cigarettes I would get into my car, turn the key, and then Reach for my Smokes (which weren't there anymore) in my Shirt Pocket. It was like an Automatic Routine. LOL

You are Doing Good. And Rome wasn't Concurred in a Day.

Just keep Using the e-Cigarette More. And the Cigarettes Less. You will get to the Point where you can Give up those Last couple of Smokes when the Time Comes.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
everyone your response is so encouraging....I have COOL FIRE five. Tomorrow going in to explore different flavors and maybe up nicotine have 12mg tobacco flavor and still wanting the cigs some. soon as I can get a second set up. I am still smoking less then half before some of it i forget to vape....grab a cig out out habit. Really each post i read and reread thanks so much!

:thumb:

It looks like you have the necessary ingredient - determination!

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Was it suggested here to put your cigs in at least a somewhat inconvenient place? So you have to really think about each one.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I think everybody is different. I had a real hard time getting off them was really edgey etc. I was taking the gum + vaping for a couple weeks and that worked for me.
Maybe it was you, but this isn't the first time I've heard of someone here dual using gum and vaping. I'm curious what the gum added to the mix. I chewed for a year in the early 90s, so I'm familiar with it.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
ok i choose this as i am stuck at home after a fall at work with pulled ligaments.
I love the vape but finding difficulty at times.
1. noticed i was so edgy..real pain to be around, teary, poor bf, .so bought a pack of my norm brand of cigs....thought ok one or two...nope smoke through that pack and bought another.
2. new day 4 cigs left ...trying to space.
3. thinking i don't vape enough...
4. in 5 days i have smoked around 3 packs normally been closer to 7 or 8.
is the mood swing normal or a sign i am not vaping enough?

Welcome Sally,
Beating yourself down won't help.
The fact that you want to quit is the start, and a thousand mile journey starts with one foot.
Make sure your getting satisfaction from your e-juice ( right amount of nicotine to curb your nicotine addiction and flavor that you love. )
And hopefully you have the right equipment to add to the satisfaction.
A local vape supplier should be helpful.
I'm sure you will find what works for you, and when you find it, you'll know why its better than lighting up.
Then the rest of the journey will be traveled easier.

Once again , Welcome;)

Reactions: theddead

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
Great job on cutting down and congrats! Don't beat yourself up, you're trying, you're cutting down and you want it! You are doing great!

When I first made the transition, I smoked about 1 cig per day, 2 drags at a time (so I could spread that one out the whole day). I still carried my cigarettes in my purse, but I took all of the lighters out of my purse and vehicle. If I felt I really needed a cigarette, I would have to find a lighter first. When I was home, I kept any and all lighters in my bedroom in a drawer and my cigarettes in my purse. It was so much easier to vape rather than to get everything together to smoke. Something like this might help also, I know someone else suggested putting them in an inconvenient place. It really helps!

Keep up the good work!!

a9g

Jul 8, 2015
California
Maybe it was you, but this isn't the first time I've heard of someone here dual using gum and vaping. I'm curious what the gum added to the mix. I chewed for a year in the early 90s, so I'm familiar with it.

I think for me it was the "bitter numbness" sensation it gave me. Felt like it took the edge off. Not sure if that explains it very well but the best I could do LOL.

Cloudd

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Increasing nicotine levels may help, but try this, AVAILABILITY. Make vaping more available than cigs, think about how you could vape indoors without having the stench of burning cigs (unless you smoke indoors), how you don't have to walk to the balcony or porch to light up. Try to insert vaping into your daily habits, it works for me, well not when my vape broke but for the "reward to effort" comparison, I could quit.

Hope it helps, vape on

a9g

Jul 8, 2015
California
Increasing nicotine levels may help, but try this, AVAILABILITY. Make vaping more available than cigs, think about how you could vape indoors without having the stench of burning cigs (unless you smoke indoors), how you don't have to walk to the balcony or porch to light up. Try to insert vaping into your daily habits, it works for me, well not when my vape broke but for the "reward to effort" comparison, I could quit.

Hope it helps, vape on

Great advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread