50/50 e-liquid question

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by akphotos, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. akphotos

akphotos Full Member Verified Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Ontario
    All the juice I've vaped before is either 70 pg / 30 vg or 80 pg / 20 vg.. but I found some 50/50 on sale for a really great price. Before I go ahead and buy it I'm wondering what to expect from it compared to what I normally vape.

Thanks!

2. Strigoi

Strigoi Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2010
    Martinez, CA
    More vapor and a bit less throat hit. I used to only order 70/30 or 80/20 and haven't looked back since going 50/50. It's the perfect mix for me. If you use carto tanks it does wick a bit slower since VG is thicker than PG.

3. Amish Ed

Amish Ed Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2010
    Lake Forest, CA
    The biggest difference I've found is that you get more vapor and less TH. Taste-wise it's supposedly less, but I'm withholding judgement on that until my taste buds come back. I say give it a try. I'm loving my 30/70.

4. Strigoi

Strigoi Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2010
    Martinez, CA
    I haven't had a cigarette in over 2 years and don't notice a difference in taste when going from the aforementioned to 50/50. FWIW, I also haven't tried the same liquid from the same vendor in different ratios.

5. akphotos

Aug 28, 2012
    Ontario
    Thanks guys. I''m definitely gonna give it a shot, the price is great plus there's a 20% off labour day sale!

The "less taste" might be a good thing. One of the flavours I'm considering is Fuzzy Peach Candy and, from what I remember as a kid, those things tasted great but the flavour was kinda strong; after eating too many I'd get a belly ache... but enough about me.. lol

Thanks again!

6. sirV.A.P.E.alot

sirV.A.P.E.alot Full Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Rio Rancho NM
    Thanks to all that replied. I too was wondering about the differences.

7. ben62884

ben62884 Full Member Verified Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Illinois
    Which site has the sale?

8. recidivus

recidivus Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2012
    Canada
    Another consideration to...er....consider. I don't know how all vendors roll, but the vendor I buy 100VG premix from adds extra flavour as a default to compensate the VG and % of distilled water used to thin it. If your vendor offers and the VG is meh, you could try getting the flavour kicked up a bit.

Ben: A bunch are having sales over the long weekend. Supplier subforums close to the bottom of forum you'll be able to find a bunch with various % offs/extras.

9. Watergun

Watergun Full Member Verified Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Athens
    Another factor is the mobility of the juice.
    More VG is a thicker juice, and high VG percentage could be a problem, say if you are a carto lover for example...
    But i don't think that with 50/50 will get you any issues

10. akphotos

Aug 28, 2012
    Ontario
    Thanks for the replies and advice guys!

11. cycodad59

cycodad59 Senior Member ECF Veteran

I was wandering the same. Have mostly 50/50 but one thats 100% pg notice very little difference

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.