50/50 e-liquid question

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by akphotos, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akphotos

akphotos Full Member Verified Member

All the juice I've vaped before is either 70 pg / 30 vg or 80 pg / 20 vg.. but I found some 50/50 on sale for a really great price. Before I go ahead and buy it I'm wondering what to expect from it compared to what I normally vape.

Thanks!

2. Strigoi

Strigoi Ultra Member Verified Member

More vapor and a bit less throat hit. I used to only order 70/30 or 80/20 and haven't looked back since going 50/50. It's the perfect mix for me. If you use carto tanks it does wick a bit slower since VG is thicker than PG.

3. Amish Ed

Amish Ed Super Member

The biggest difference I've found is that you get more vapor and less TH. Taste-wise it's supposedly less, but I'm withholding judgement on that until my taste buds come back. I say give it a try. I'm loving my 30/70.

4. Strigoi

Strigoi Ultra Member Verified Member

I haven't had a cigarette in over 2 years and don't notice a difference in taste when going from the aforementioned to 50/50. FWIW, I also haven't tried the same liquid from the same vendor in different ratios.

5. akphotos

Thanks guys. I''m definitely gonna give it a shot, the price is great plus there's a 20% off labour day sale!

The "less taste" might be a good thing. One of the flavours I'm considering is Fuzzy Peach Candy and, from what I remember as a kid, those things tasted great but the flavour was kinda strong; after eating too many I'd get a belly ache... but enough about me.. lol

Thanks again!

6. sirV.A.P.E.alot

sirV.A.P.E.alot Full Member

Thanks to all that replied. I too was wondering about the differences.

7. ben62884

ben62884 Full Member Verified Member

Which site has the sale?

8. recidivus

recidivus Ultra Member

Another consideration to...er....consider. I don't know how all vendors roll, but the vendor I buy 100VG premix from adds extra flavour as a default to compensate the VG and % of distilled water used to thin it. If your vendor offers and the VG is meh, you could try getting the flavour kicked up a bit.

Ben: A bunch are having sales over the long weekend. Supplier subforums close to the bottom of forum you'll be able to find a bunch with various % offs/extras.

9. Watergun

Watergun Full Member Verified Member

Another factor is the mobility of the juice.
    More VG is a thicker juice, and high VG percentage could be a problem, say if you are a carto lover for example...
    But i don't think that with 50/50 will get you any issues

10. akphotos

Thanks for the replies and advice guys!

11. cycodad59

cycodad59 Senior Member

I was wandering the same. Have mostly 50/50 but one thats 100% pg notice very little difference

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.