650mah Twist wont charge. can i pull the post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin King

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
PA
the post on my ego twist got pushed down a tad bit and wont make contact with the usb charger. attys and cartos will fire on it, but it just wont charge. my SS 1000mah twist charges fine and fires fine. i also notice that wen i screw a carto onto the 1000mah it hits against the post nice and snug before it fully is screwed on. but wen i put a carto/atty onto the 650 twist is barely touches the post in the battery before it is screwed all the way on. so its for sure the post in the 650 that needs pulled. i just dont know how to pull it without breaking it. any help would be really appreciated

munchichee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2012
Houston, TX
i never overtightened. trust me, i am extremely .... about all my PVs and anything related. i was like that wen i got it. not the end of the world tho

I have had this same problem ultimately ruin 4 ego style batteries. It happens from switching from cartos, clearos, and especially the vivi nova. Not any of the "510 connections" are the same and the diameter and threading of the vivi are typically smaller than whatever it is supposed to be. They won't even begin to thread on several of my 510 connections, and it has more threads than most cartos which causes it to push the center pin in further when tightened. The problem I have with pulling the pin back out is that once you do, it only causes the pin to become looser and more susceptible to being pushed in again and again and again. On all of mine this eventually causes the rubber grommet to break or it falls out causing battery to short. So unless you use the same carto or tank or whatever with the same battery always then this continues to be a problem. Even then, once the pin becomes loose the battery has been doomed. For me anyways. I switch between any number of tanks, vivis, or cartos on all of my PV's and it has cost me 2 kgo's, a twist, and a super ego vv. Now it is at the point where I can only use certain accessories with certain batteries or devices due this or adapter and other 510 connection or airflow related problems. A 510 connection should be a 510 connection. Male to female. I guess we will have to wait for government regulation for any standards to be enforced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread