8-8 question about stockpiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

b3ndz

Oct 15, 2016
So I keep seeing a lot of people saying they have there stockpiles and what not and I'm aware of what the FDA has done and is trying to do to the vape community. What my question is, should I myself be concerned about it. Can I just go to my vape shop and continue to buy my juices and could in the future. If so how long into the future. Maybe I'm just confused and I don't have a reason to be worried but just thought I'd ask.

Reactions: Super Flex

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Nobody really knows for sure! Will your shop or any vape shops be there next year or the year after? Even if it is or any are, will they have the variety (or your flavor) available? And at what price including possible or even probable state taxing on the juice? Nobody really know for sure!

What I do know for sure is that I will not be forced to pay exorbitant prices for any juices that may still be available in the future. It is hard to imagine very many juice companies paying PMTA's for each flavor they currently produce.

It will be somewhere between nothing changing at all and everything vaping gone. Guess it is up to each of us to figure out where the line will fall.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
Yes, you need to be concerned. Just remember concern isn't the same thing as panic. Unless the courts make the FDA change the deeming regs and /or Congress changes the grandfather date, as of 8/8/18 there will be no vape shop to go buy your juice and hardware from. Few vape shops will stay open all the way until the end if for no other reason then they will want to liquidate before that date ever gets here so they aren't stuck with stock. Using the FDA's estimate of 500 hrs and $300,000 cost per PMTA along with the fact that there is no guarentee your PMTA will be approved and lots of evidence to suggest very few PMTA's will be approved there isn't likely to be very many submitted.

The deeming order isn't the only reason for concern. Now that our ecigs are deemed tobacco products we're going to see a whole lot of individual states enacting high taxes and other regulations on our ecigs in 2017. :(

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
So I keep seeing a lot of people saying they have there stockpiles and what not and I'm aware of what the FDA has done and is trying to do to the vape community. What my question is, should I myself be concerned about it. Can I just go to my vape shop and continue to buy my juices and could in the future. If so how long into the future. Maybe I'm just confused and I don't have a reason to be worried but just thought I'd ask.
If you mix and rebuild and have some extra hardware you may be able to vape for years regardless of what governments decide to do. You don't have to start rebuilding or mixing right away although that might be a good idea to help you understand better what you might need. A 10-20 year supply of the important items for me, rebuildable atomizers, mods and nicotine is $650. Sad to say it cost me more than that to smoke for 3 months.

traten

Sep 25, 2014
SE PA USA
I'm trying to answer your question, b3ndz, starting on comment #64 in this thread. It's an extreme position not good for everyone, but I'm an old boy scout. You know, be prepared. None of us know how this will turn out. I'm having a lot of fun doing this. Read on to see photos of step 1: Grow my own tobacco.
Who will survive the FDA Regs?

Reactions: SteveS45

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
If you want to keep vaping instead of smoking tge cancer sticks yoy should consider stocking up.

This is prepping not hoarding.

First off get your nicotine NOW!
Find how much nicotine base you use a day and find out how much nicotine you will use in 10-20 years and get tge nic and store in the freezer.

Next get Rebuildable Atomizers and mods to last for years. Your mods should have replaceable 18650 batteries.

Get a dedicated charger to charge your batteries

Get flavors to flavor ejuice, and possibly a few hundred feet of wire.

There have already been several places that sold vaping supplies close their doors.

Some States have made it a felony to buy eCig gear and supplies online. Other States are going after ecigarettes by charging massive taxes.

If you care about vaping and don't want to go back to smoking. I suggest you prep.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    IMO, the key is to become "self reliant". Once that is done, it no longer matters what the FDA, or the state, does.
    When stockpiling only buy the stuff that you know you will use. You can have a garage full of different mods & tanks, if they're not what you use, you haven't gained a thing.
    The side benefit is that I don't even need a "vape budget" anymore. I vape all day every day now without spending a single penny.

herb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2014
    Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
    To me, i think most hoard not prep . i think it's nuts to buy 20 mods and 20 rta's , i don't know what kind of mods people are using but i have had the same 4 or 5 mods for years and never had a failure.

I only buy mods with proven YiHi chipsets or DNA chipsets though , i never buy the bling micro mods etc...

I have maybe 8 tanks total but have only used 3 for the last two & a half years . Nicotine is the only thing i consider a wise thing to stock up on.

My goal from the beginning was to stop smoking , it was never to vape indefinitely & to be honest i don't get urges anymore and sometimes don't vape at all .

Last thing i want is to buy a ton of gear that will make me feel like i might as well continue to vape.

b3ndz

Oct 15, 2016
    I appreciate all the input guys! Honestly I don't want to have to stock up really but I understand that what's going on I might have to. I hope things change and they will treat vaping just as anything else. Maybe I'll learn more and more of what I'm doing and I'll start being able to stick but right now that's not an option. I just don't have that kinda money and don't wanna get ready for something I'm not 100% certain will happen even tho it doesn't look good right now. Thanks again guys and I'll consider everything that I was told!

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2015
    I appreciate all the input guys! Honestly I don't want to have to stock up really but I understand that what's going on I might have to. I hope things change and they will treat vaping just as anything else. Maybe I'll learn more and more of what I'm doing and I'll start being able to stick but right now that's not an option. I just don't have that kinda money and don't wanna get ready for something I'm not 100% certain will happen even tho it doesn't look good right now. Thanks again guys and I'll consider everything that I was told!
    Just get what you can afford when you can. I think we may still have a little time. Certainly don't want to see people panic and spend money they don't have. Took me months to have what I'm comfortable with, and probably considerably less than what others may have stocked on.

b3ndz

Oct 15, 2016
    Haha I doubt I'll do that. Only reason mainly I went to vaping was to stop smoking so I think I'm just going to ride this and if something happens and when it does by then I'll have been smoke free for some time and maybe I can just give up vaping as well. And if the .... doesn't hit the fan I guess I can still enjoy vaping if I choose to. I'll just leave it at that for now as I'm still a newbie!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread