Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Th
IMO, the key is to become "self reliant". Once that is done, it no longer matters what the FDA, or the state, does.
When stockpiling only buy the stuff that you know you will use. You can have a garage full of different mods & tanks, if they're not what you use, you haven't gained a thing.
The side benefit is that I don't even need a "vape budget" anymore. I vape all day every day now without spending a single penny.
Thats what i said. This is prepping not hoarding

Reactions: aikanae1

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
What flavor are you using? My guess is that it will not be available in 2 years. Continue to enjoy it for now and stock a couple of years. Put some nic in the freezer and learn how to diy some flavor you like. Start learning how to build your own coils and get a least a couple of re-buildable devices. IMHO.

b3ndz

Oct 15, 2016
What flavor are you using? My guess is that it will not be available in 2 years. Continue to enjoy it for now and stock a couple of years. Put some nic in the freezer and learn how to diy some flavor you like. Start learning how to build your own coils

and get a least a couple of re-buildable devices. IMHO.

We shall see how things go in the short term. If I'm still hard at it come next summer I'll start trying to stock up and learn more in depth. Plus I'm sure I'll naturally on my own being on here and vaping I'll learn a thing or two.

Reactions: ENAUD

Vikaernes

Jan 21, 2014
Wildomar, CA
For those buying devices for the long haul, I can't stress enough how important it is to invest in at least one or two mechanical mods, if you don't have any already. Regulated devices will eventually fail you. A good mech mod with a magnetic switch has nothing that can wear down or fail, it would literally last you forever if properly taken care of.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
For those buying devices for the long haul, I can't stress enough how important it is to invest in at least one or two mechanical mods, if you don't have any already. Regulated devices will eventually fail you. A good mech mod with a magnetic switch has nothing that can wear down or fail, it would literally last you forever if properly taken care of.
I won't recommend mechanical mods because if you know enough to handle them safely you don't need a recommendation and if you don't you shouldn't touch them until you do know enough. Nearly all the bad press about vaping lately is about mechanical mods blowing up without mentioning they are mechanical mods.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
For those buying devices for the long haul, I can't stress enough how important it is to invest in at least one or two mechanical mods, if you don't have any already.

A lot depends on what "the long haul" is. At my age, if all 8 of my regulated mods crap out in the next 10 - 15 years, I'll be SOL. Maybe a couple more would not be out of reason. :D

Reactions: mattiem

Vikaernes

Jan 21, 2014
Wildomar, CA
I won't recommend mechanical mods because if you know enough to handle them safely you don't need a recommendation and if you don't you shouldn't touch them until you do know enough. Nearly all the bad press about vaping lately is about mechanical mods blowing up without mentioning they are mechanical mods.

Very true, though on the other hand with preparation I think comes the understanding that eventually, all of this pre-made stuff is eventually going to run out. If people are preparing to vape long term, they should be learning how to be as autonomous with their vape as possible, learning how to wrap and wick their own coils, and use mechanical mods safely. It seems pointless to me that people would be willing to invest the money into stocking up for the long haul, but unwilling to invest the time into educating themselves.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
It seems pointless to me that people would be willing to invest the money into stocking up for the long haul, but unwilling to invest the time into educating themselves.

Me too, but most vapers are simple consumers who until recently just bought a pack and fired up a lighter. For those that don't want to know much about their hardware, they can simply stock up a bunch of what works for them. At least they have a way to vape on.

It's learning to mix one's own liquid that is the key knowledge all vapers will need to vape the flavors they like at a reasonable price.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Very true, though on the other hand with preparation I think comes the understanding that eventually, all of this pre-made stuff is eventually going to run out. If people are preparing to vape long term, they should be learning how to be as autonomous with their vape as possible, learning how to wrap and wick their own coils, and use mechanical mods safely. It seems pointless to me that people would be willing to invest the money into stocking up for the long haul, but unwilling to invest the time into educating themselves.
I don't use mechs and don't plan on it. My stocking rationale is this. I want a high probability of making it 10 years and some chance of going 20. I predict a TC mod should last 2 years of continuous use. So 5 Picos for 10 years. If they don't hold up as well as expected I've got a redundant supply, 5 VTC minis. If they all go 2 years or better I'm out to 20 years. By having multiples of the same mod if one becomes unrepairable may be it's parts will keep another going longer, my vape junk yard. I do the same with nic, 2 ten year supplies from 2 different vendors. May be one of the supplies will outlast the other or may be they are both good for 20 years. Time will tell. (And 10 SV rda clones will probably last several lifetimes with replacement orings, etc.) There is no such thing as forever even though we would all like to live that long.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Yes, I have stockpiled. Nic is first, then hardware. I look for mods that have a proven long term reliability rating. I have found toppers (RTA/RDA) that I am very happy with and I bought multiples. Then I bought spare parts for them.

I started DIY last January and I am up to 25-28 recipes that I am very happy with.

All in all, I think B&Ms will be 95% gone and taxes/regulation will make the rest just not worth NOT stockpiling.

Oh, don't forget the bunker and layered defenses. As you can see, I am waiting in the mailbox. 17 x 24 cu. ft. freezers coming in for room #7 of the bunker. I don't think I will run out of nic.

:)

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

Don't forget the idiots trying to pull 40 amps out of a 20 amp battery using a stupid low .05 ohm build, or using a faux hybrid with a dead short.

traten

Sep 25, 2014
SE PA USA
If you are a nicotine addicted vapor like me don't forget where it all starts, the tobacco leaf. Most preppers will either need to grow their own or have something valuable to trade. Tobacco is easy to grow but the nicotine extraction process is fairly complex. I've done tests on germination for next spring's attempt to spot some plants around my garden. It's turning out to be a fun experiment. Here's a photo of seedlings growing under lights. The small inset container contains the first tiny sprouts, the larger pots three weeks of growth.
SDC11037.JPG

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
I wouldn't panic if I were you as I don't think even a DEA war on nic would work any better than it does on DRUGS. Extracting nic is no harder than extracting THC and just about anyone can do that. If nic ever becomes legally unavailable it will quickly become illegally available. What is likely to happen is a ridiculous amount of tax will be charged on it.
As far as gear there is an entire Chinese industry behind producing it and that industry is not going to close its doors just because they can't ship directly to the US. There are still lots of countries they can ship to and it is not difficult to smuggle hardware across borders, dogs don't detect it. Not to mention that atty's are not hard to build, any competent machine shop could produce them.
As far as wicks, wires, batteries, VG, PG, and flavoring those are all used in many different industries and are not about to be made illegal or have any other restrictions placed on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread