90% of the world bans ecigs. USA next? even china!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aalmosawi

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2016
Baghdad
I am not sure where to even start on this.
Have you guys seen the list of countries that have banned or are about to ban the ecigs?
absolutely amazing.
we are running on one wheel here. nearly 90% of the planet has issued a complete ban!

The tobacco companies are extremely afraid of this thus influencing governments to ban ecigs. there is absolutely no other reason for this. for example Qatar says ecigs are worst than smoking 100cigs.

We're kinda running into the same issue as hookahs but at least with hookas they dont ban them because they're considered a fun/hobby. you cant just "whip it out" and smoke it. hookahs are a pain to make.

heres the list:

Where You Can and Can’t Vape: A Breakdown of Countries

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I'm sorry, but the implication that they are (or are about to be) "banned" in 90% of the world is patently false. Laws that restrict use in places where one isn't allowed to smoke are annoying (and unjustified), but do not constitute a "ban".

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Yep. My sense is that once western governments get "regulations" in place that eliminate the current cottage industry and hand it vaping to their large corporate friends (which will also make it much more straightforward to tax it at rates similar to traditional tobacco products) they won't be willing to give up the tax revenue that it brings in.

aalmosawi

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2016
Baghdad
did you guys catch this part ?

China – Astonishingly, given the fact that China is the main producer of eliquid and ecigarettes, eliquid is illegal, although this may change. ECigarettePolitics states ecigs are legal, but that there may be regional issues. Sale and possession of ecigarettes containing nicotine is also illegal in Hong Kong, with a possible fine of up to HK$100,000 and/or a prison sentence of 2 years.

i guess the US, UK and other civilized countries have yet to attribute a full ban.
where i am on the map ... countries surround me ALL have a ban. All middle eastern countries. no exceptions. Then we move to turkey which is a European country. Why? i am not sure really.

Reactions: EBates

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Why? i am not sure really.
It seems like the government of almost every country would like to ban vaping, because they make money off of smoking, and they already have a handle on collecting smoking money. Authoritarian governments can ban it very easily, while it's much more difficult to do in more democratic systems.

Reactions: DC2

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
i guess the US, UK and other civilized countries have yet to attribute a full ban. where i am on the map ... countries surround me ALL have a ban. All middle eastern countries. no exceptions. Then we move to turkey which is a European country.
Turkey is a European country? Since when? I suppose there is a small part of Turkey north of the Bosporus that is geographically part of Europe, but there are rather significant cultural differences...

aalmosawi

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2016
Baghdad
Turkey is a European country? Since when? I suppose there is a small part of Turkey north of the Bosporus that is geographically part of Europe, but there are rather significant cultural differences...
Dont they have the Euro license plate? ok i am wrong. so sue me :)

It seems like the government of almost every country would like to ban vaping, because they make money off of smoking, and they already have a handle on collecting smoking money. Authoritarian governments can ban it very easily, while it's much more difficult to do in more democratic systems.
well said. exactomondo!

filof

Oct 8, 2015
I would say the article fails about at least Turkey. There is no legal ban with respect to usage or possession. It is however correct that the import of e cigarettes requires an approval form the health ministery.

@Rossum the article says so. You should deal with it.

Venus_V3_5570 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

tieuphieu

Dec 21, 2015
Vietnam
Where You Can and Can’t Vape: A Breakdown of Countries . In Vietnam, our government is unclear about e-cigs. You can vape everywhere, everytime you want. However, you can not import e-cigs. You can import e-juice with 0 mg nicotine. Anything that related to nicotine must be imported by government's tobacco company, and that company does not want to import e-juice (it will never do that). Therefore, I have to face with a lot of troubles to try to continue vaping :confused:, but I will never stop trying :cool:

Last edited:

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
If you can't legally do it in public, it is akin to a ban. Prohibition of alcohol in the U.S. in early 1900's wasn't banned for personal use (at least at the federal level) and so we should then not think of this as prohibition?

To me, it's as simple as is this substance allowed and tolerated or is it constantly under fire to be disallowed and not tolerated? If the latter, then chances are very good that users are facing some sort of (legal) prohibition. Sure there will be places (and people) where it is forever disallowed, but when taken on the whole in society, you can tell if it is allowed or not. Can't drink alcohol in the U.S. wherever you feel like it, but it is surely allowed. Yet *other stuff* (which is currently legal in a few states in the U.S.) is clearly in the not allowed category, on the whole.

If vaping is not allowed anywhere in public (including outdoors), it is not allowed really. It is prohibited. Banned may be taking things a bit far in terms of semantics, but it isn't way off base. Or no more off base then saying FDA will ban eCigs under deeming when in reality actual banning is impossible under the deeming. Yet, not far off base to say 'banning' when the de facto ban is what is quite plausibly what will be in place. The intent there is to disallow a whole lot of what is currently legal, available on the open market.

Also, if one can make the argument that vaping ought to be disallowed in all indoor places, I'm fairly certain I can use same points for disallowing indoors, to suggest it ought to be disallowed in all outdoor public places. On one's own property, I don't think I can make a good case, but would be easier to make case that one shouldn't do it outdoors on own property if people have bought into notion that in public you shouldn't do it indoors/outdoors anywhere.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I didn't know that. I fact-checked it. You're right.

See, I remember those days and what they were like. You youngins perhaps don't realize that.

Just kidding, I did fact check on it before my post, cause I thought I'd heard that somewhere and wanted to be sure before I posted it.

Reactions: nicnik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread