A better mouse trap (ohms law calculator)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
Edit: My bad.. steam-engine does actually give the same results. But I do like the set up of this one a bit more.

Watts/Volts/Amps/Ohms conversion calculator

Here is an example. (EXAMPLE ONLY!)

Enter watts: ??
Enter volts: 3.7
Enter amps: ??
Enter ohms:0.05
Calculate:
Enter watts: 273.8
Enter amps: 74

Results are in bold.

Now as i said, this is an example. It is up to you to know what your battery and mods can handle. Personally, I wouldn't even attempt to build at 0.05 ohms. I am not that advanced or comfortable with my mech yet. I probably will never go lower than a 0.08ohm. For now, I am sticking my wussy .... around the 0.15 ohm mark and parking it there.

And I will say it a 3rd time..this is for more accurate readings, be it at 0.52 ohm or 0.15 or 0.17 ohm, and super sub ohm building is for advanced builders only! This will however help new people see the relation between amps, ohms, volts, and watts. Best part, you can play with the values without blowing your face off. :)

Last edited:

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Edit: My bad.. steam-engine does actually give the same results. But I do like the set up of this one a bit more.

Watts/Volts/Amps/Ohms conversion calculator

Here is an example. (EXAMPLE ONLY!)

Enter watts: ??
Enter amps: ??
Calculate:
Enter watts: 273.8
Enter amps: 74

Results are in bold.

Now as i said, this is an example. It is up to you to know what your battery and mods can handle. Personally, I wouldn't even attempt to build at 0.05 ohms. I am not that advanced or comfortable with my mech yet. I probably will never go lower than a 0.08ohm. For now, I am sticking my wussy .... around the 0.15 ohm mark and parking it there.

And I will say it a 3rd time..this is for more accurate readings, be it at 0.52 ohm or 0.15 or 0.17 ohm, and super sub ohm building is for advanced builders only! This will however help new people see the relation between amps, ohms, volts, and watts. Best part, you can play with the values without blowing your face off. :)
Note that if you're using a regulated mod standard ohms law calculations don't work. The amp draw is:

Watts (add at least 10% to account for device inefficiency) / battery cutoff voltage* = amps

I hope you're not planning to use a .08 Ω coil on a single-battery mech mod, and definitely not on a series mech. Even on a two-battery parallel mech that would be stressing the batteries a bit too much. On a vw mod the resistance doesn't really matter, as long as it's within the range of the mod.

* with multiple batteries, add the volts in a series setup and divide the amps by the number of batteries in a parallel setup. The amps per battery will be the same in both instances.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
@KenD "For now, I am sticking my wussy .... around the 0.15 ohm mark and parking it there." It's right in the post. Just stated that i probably will never go below 0.08 for any reason.
Those resistances are too low if you're using a mech.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread