A Billion Lives now on line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
I do not know if this has been posted but on Easter Sunday Morning I got the best Easter Egg I have had for a long time.:rickroll: A Billion Lives Doco has finally come on line and you can watch it as a pay event and when you pay for it you can watch it as much as you like. I certainly did and thoroughly enjoyed the documentary. I am not a movie goer and since the disapearance of drive in movie theaters in my country I have not been to a cinema complex since Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Star Wars movies.

The Billion Lives on line doco can be found here A Billion Lives

From what I have read elsewhere and I do not know the truth of the story Aaron, the producer is now unemployed and broke. Its not surprising as he had the intestinal fortitude to take on the FDA, Big tobacco and the Pharmaceutical companies. A comment I read on another forum accused Aaron of Cherry Picking his data. So what if he did or did not, most doco's I have viewed, for and against vaping do this. It is still IMHO a great movie and well worth the money to view if you have not. Thanks to Aaron if he reads this forum. I thoroughly enjoyed it. God Bless you friend.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
You can buy or rent it on Itunes to :) Powerful Documentary :)
Yep the link I posted is for Windows users, I have both Mac and Windows. I do not know if Itunes work on Windows systems. As I said the best Easter Egg I have had for a long time and I will be 66 years of age this year. I emailed the peeps that released this and asked if it was coming to DVD and if so I want 10 copies for my friends. They wrote back and said they will pass on my request to the party concerned.

Reactions: Steamer861

LarryPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2012
San Diego CA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: We do not condone breaking the law on ECF.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Cleaning up / Collateral Damage

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
A comment I read on another forum accused Aaron of Cherry Picking his data. So what if he did or did not, most doco's I have viewed, for and against vaping do this. It is still IMHO a great movie and well worth the money to view if you have not. Thanks to Aaron if he reads this forum. I thoroughly enjoyed it. God Bless you friend.

Cherry picking truth is far less of a sin than cherry picking lies and half truths. Which is all the opposition has.

Saw it at the theater, hoping to watch it again pay per view so my wife can see it!

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
From what I have read elsewhere and I do not know the truth of the story Aaron, the producer is now unemployed and broke.yed it.
Did he act as producer? It's not unusual for independent TV and movie producers to have periods of unemployment between projects. If he invested personally and the project wasn't a financial success may be that's a factor. It would be better to wait and see what he has to say, if anything.

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
A comment I read on another forum accused Aaron of Cherry Picking his data. So what if he did or did not, most doco's I have viewed, for and against vaping do this. It is still IMHO a great movie and well worth the money to view if you have not. Thanks to Aaron if he reads this forum. I thoroughly enjoyed it. God Bless you friend.

That sounds to me like a false attack from someone anti-THR. How can he have cherry picked his data if all the folks on the other side of the argument declined to be interviewed? This point was made very clear in the film. If he hadn't tried to talk with them and claimed that he did, that camp would have brought that up (very loudly) already. Don't buy it.

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
I purchased it on Amazon. I'm sure the download will be available on many sites for a while, especially if people are buying/renting it. The price may even come down a bit.

As far as some of the other places to get it, I would ask that you wait until you have a few bucks to get your own copy. We were all pretty excited when news about the movie first came out, and at the least, we should throw a few bucks towards the folks that made something that tells "our" side of the story. If the movie got some regulators to reconsider their position on vaping, that would be the least we could do to thank Aaron and company for their work.

Purchasing a download is less money than a bad bottle of juice, and the rental is about the same as a factory coil. :2c:

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Aaron interviewed many experts on vaping, including me, and his film accurately and objectively exposed the disastrous ramifications of vapor sales bans and anti vaping propaganda in many countries, the World Health Organization's urging of nations to ban sales of lifesaving vapor products, and FDA's potentially forthcoming vapor Deeming Ban.

Aaron spent/invested lots of his own money in making A Billion Lives, and did an excellent job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread