A Little Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
Have been using the Endura T18 and quite happy with them.
Due to the coil, they are a bit warm and now looking to add something with a bottom coil.
At this point I am MTL and have researched some alternatives. The Aspire Zelos with the nautilus 2 seems to be up my alley, although I have seen some complaints about leaking. I do like the replaceable battery idea of the smok Baby but may not be the best choice for MTL.
Someone also suggested an Eleaf 40W with the nautilus.
As an MTL, don't want to get too fancy yet. Any suggestions appreciated.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you don't want to get too fancy, a Nautilus 2 is a good bet to start. You'll have a chance to try different coils and see what you like.

I have only found my N2's to be leakers if I overfill them, or if I don't close off the airholes in transit. They really aren't big leakers if you treat them right. Unfortunately, the fill line does mean that I think this tank takes a bit less juice than 2 m.g. per fill, the good news is it's a fairly easy fill, as long as you don't exceed that fill line. That can tend to cause flooding, or leakage between the glass tank and the topper that goes on top, sometimes causing some issues when taking apart. A good old Nautilus or N mini would work as well. I did get a Nautlius original after my N2 and didn't like the vape as much, it kind of felt "old school" to me and like a lot of older devices I've vaped, the large capacity is nice, but what with that, and the long drip tip that's SS (though you can certainly change it) I kind of felt it was more similar to older devices. It also leaked like a sieve, though I didn't worry about trying to troubleshoot it too much, since it was not to my taste anyway, so I retired it. Big fan of the N2 however, it was my first MTL tank. I've branched out, but I still really like the N2s. I don't LOVE how they look, though I do like the metal sleeve, protecting the tank, as I'm clumsy.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Anna

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
If you like the T18 tank you can use it on the Zelos and Eleaf. I love my T22 tanks, so I ordered a Zelos and iStick 30 w to use with them too. Trigster does this. After reading his threads I decided to try it.

dsites

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2017
Nederland, Colorado
If you like the T18 tank you can use it on the Zelos and Eleaf. I love my T22 tanks, so I ordered a Zelos and iStick 30 w to use with them too. Trigster does this. After reading his threads I decided to try it.
Interesting .... I assume you go to VW mode and set the value to 14.5?

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
Interesting .... I assume you go to VW mode and set the value to 14.5?
If you set the value to 14.5, your experience will be the same as it always has been because the T18 has a fixed output of about 14W. So, if you use the T18 tank on another (VW) mod, try dropping the wattage down to about 12W and slowly work the wattage up or down from there if not satisfied. There is nothing that says you have to vape that tank at 14.5W, especially if you have a choice.

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
Did not know this would work, opens up new possibilities.
I am guessing the T18 tank might actually do a little better at 12.
Thanks for the tip.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Any mod in the world will fire a Nauti2, provided you don't get a 19 battery, ten million watt one that can't be adjusted below 500. You're going to want to be in the 10-15 watt range on that tank, probably; certainly less than 20ish. So long as you mod works that low down, no worries. You don't need a high power rig, but it won't hurt to have one and the batteries should last for days. Welcome to the board.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I'm using a Nauti 2 right now on a Smok Treebox at 8.5 watts.

treebox2.jpg

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
Thanks for the tip.
The iStick goes down to 5. I think the Zelos is 10. I'm going to start the Zelos at 10 and work up. Prob start the iStick at 7 or 8 and work up.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thanks for the tip.
I think you are getting your answer.
Might want to consider an RDA if you enjoy changing your flavors 2 or more times a day.
re: I Love my RDA
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rda/586717-magma-rda-your-favorite-build-12.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rda/538555-magma-rda-paradigm-16.html
RDA - Beginner Friendly RDAs?
I think tanks are mainly for folks who are on the go and like/have to vape one flavor most of the day.
As to leaking, yes and no. If I'm traveling, I add a slip ring (wide rubber band) to slide over the air holes and a cork plug or a 510 carto condom over the drip tip.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread