Trying DTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
I currently do MTL and quite pleased with the results.
I ordered the Innokin Oceanus which came with the scion tank, so thought I would give it a try. Seems to produce large clouds and fairly good flavor at 75w but leaks terribly.
Came over here looking for an alternative and find the forum flooded (no pun intended) with complaints about leaking tanks.
I have 2 Endura T18, one T22, 2 Aspire minis and a nautilus 2 for MTL and none of them leak, ever.
I am getting the impression this is primarily a Sub ohm tank tendency. Am I wrong? Any suggestions?

Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@whodat2112 is the Scion tank expert, maybe he can help and you won't need a new tank. He goes to bed early for work, may have to wait until tomorrow for him to check in. Take a look at the Tobeco Super Tank 25 in the meantime. I've been enjoying the Fireluke with the 2.5Ω coil. Kanger Toptank is good. My cousin has the Eleaf Ello and Sense Mini Blazer and enjoys both.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I would say in general DL tanks have bigger holes. Larger juice vents larger air vents, so when they do leak they leak a lot more. DL tanks also tend to be much more touchy about wicking. There’s generally only a couple mm at most of tolerance in wick length, and wick diameter isn’t much better. So they’re both easier to make leak, and when they do it’s a bigger problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread