The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Trying DTL

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by Philabos, Mar 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Philabos

Philabos Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2017
    I currently do MTL and quite pleased with the results.
    I ordered the Innokin Oceanus which came with the scion tank, so thought I would give it a try. Seems to produce large clouds and fairly good flavor at 75w but leaks terribly.
    Came over here looking for an alternative and find the forum flooded (no pun intended) with complaints about leaking tanks.
    I have 2 Endura Endura T18, one T22, 2 Aspire minis and a nautilus 2 for MTL and none of them leak, ever.
    I am getting the impression this is primarily a Sub ohm tank tendency. Am I wrong? Any suggestions?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Letitia

Letitia Therion/Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    @whodat2112 is the Scion tank expert, maybe he can help and you won't need a new tank. He goes to bed early for work, may have to wait until tomorrow for him to check in. Take a look at the Tobeco Super Tank 25 in the meantime. I've been enjoying the Fireluke with the 2.5Ω coil. Kanger Toptank is good. My cousin has the Eleaf Ello and Sense Mini Blazer and enjoys both.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I would say in general DL tanks have bigger holes. Larger juice vents larger air vents, so when they do leak they leak a lot more. DL tanks also tend to be much more touchy about wicking. There’s generally only a couple mm at most of tolerance in wick length, and wick diameter isn’t much better. So they’re both easier to make leak, and when they do it’s a bigger problem.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Letitia

Letitia Therion/Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Now if we are talking rtas I would suggest the OBS Engine line. I prefer the Nano, single coil, but the original dual coil gets love too. Both top af, 5ml, side fill, and easy build deck. Pretty forgiving where wicking is concerned as well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. redeuce

redeuce Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2017
    Chicago suburbs
    No matter what happens, don’t throw away or recycle the Endura and N2 tanks, lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Philabos

Aug 9, 2017
    Kanger top tank looks about right.
    Can do either DTL or MTL depending on coil.
    I have some new coils coming for the scion, give it one more chance.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Philabos

Aug 9, 2017
    Just to complete the story, new coils arrived today. Installed with new o ring, made sure air flow closed, filled with juice and left in a cup.
    It's leaking into the cup.
    Headed to the bin.
    I will try the Kanger.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I'm partial to the Original Uwell Crown tanks. I've never had one leak, and I use three of them. Can be used for both DTL or MTL with its ratcheted air control ring. I recommend the 0.5 ohm coils.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Liquid9

Liquid9 Mystic Vaper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2012
    Panama City, FL
    The new Falcon tank by Horizon. Got it recently and I haven’t been this impressed by a tank in a while.

• Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.