I am stumped on this kanger Subtank rba deck problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sos2001

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
South Carolina
So I finally got around to putting a coil on the rba deck...my typical kayfun build, 28 ga @ 1.3-1.4 ohms. Everything looked good, coil tight....raised off the deck...screwed into the ohm meter....weirdness ensues....said 3.85 ohms...took it off, put it back on...said 4.6 ohms....looked to see if the coil screws were tight ...check. both tails tight under the screws...check. The coil deck screwed into the base...yep. No moisture in the base, nope. Put it on the ipv...said 7.7 ohms, then 4.2, then 3.90.............

Put the stock coils in the base, everything normal. Is there something I could be missing in the coil deck??? I got nothing else. No, I had not put the chimney on, so no short there. I may wrap another coil and see....I can only think that something is amiss in that little coil deck....or I am missing something in the build that is obvious. It's a really nice, tight looking coil too.:confused:

Circa Survivor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2014
Omaha, NE
The bottom of the part that screws into the base can actually be unscrewed, so make sure that is nice and tight.

KangetSubSlide-648x421.jpg

Wruff

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2014
Vapeville, USA
I just received a subtank in and am trying to unscrew the bottom of the tank to change the tube inside the tank, so as to use the rebuild able deck.
Those two screws are in there really tight. They are impossible to unscrew without stripping them. Any ideas?

Drop it in a cup of hot water for a minute or two. That may do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread