kanger subtank mini small problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrown12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
illinois
okay, so i had a problem yesterday where i would keep getting juice popping up on the draw, that problem is solved, however, now on only the second day of light use, on the 1.2 ohm coil that came with the tank i am getting a pretty harsh smokey taste. Its not overwhelming like it is when a coil is burnt out, just an unpleasant taste. I did 4 drops of liquid on the coil before using, everything is screwed in tight. Do i need maybe a couple more drops on the coil?

FYI: using an istick 30w burning at about 14.5-15w

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Try putting your finger over the air holes and sharply drawing air through the drip tip. Invert your tank, you should see some small bubbles come from the holes in the coil head.

Have a vape - if the taste is fuller and less 'smoky', your experiencing a dry hit - which is a wicking issue.

Usually once they are primed correctly, the coil heads will draw enough liquid in to replenish that which is vaporized. If not, you might have to either try a thinner liquid (more PG) or just try a new coil head. Some of them are just badly wrapped and don't work very well.

If the taste still happens after drawing in with your finger over the air hole and the tank invert, you've more than likely scorched the cotton and will have to change the head to get rid of it.

Dom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2015
Linwood, NJ
im not too impressed with the coils my tank came with. both burned out quick. think im using juice thats too thick. 80/20. No problem using 70/30. the rba is where its at. just make sure to watch a video on wicking.( RIP Tripper has a good one on youtube) Less is more. had to do it a couple times before i got it. i like the .5 coil the best. wrapped my first two coils this week. one was .9 the othe .8 both work great. first one wasnt too pretty but it worked fine. easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread