Most Likely a Loaded Question from the Ill-informed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjcraig

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2015
Ramona, CA
I tend to rant and go off-topic so I'll try to make this question as simple as possible to answer.

I've been using the the Kanger Subtank Mini on the ipv Mini II for about three months now and overall I love it. When I first got my eGo starter kit years ago I didn't care about cloud production and was only concerned about the throat hit being similar to the strength of a Camel filter so the transition would be easier. Now that I've been using this tank I have to admit the clouds have grown on me and it wouldn't be the same if they were taken away. My only problem is that I'm using the 1.2 ohm coil and I'm running through these things, on average, every 4-5 days and I'm starting to wonder (and hope) if there are cheaper options I should look into, but I don't even know where to start. I'm assuming the answer I'm going to get is rba's and if that's the case can anyone point me in the right direction for a dummy guide? Any and all advice is much appreciated!

Yeah, I would say 5-7 days on a subtank coil until they start tasting icky and not producing good vapor, was my experience. Especially with a higher powered device, I would imagine.

I haven't tried one, but I have heard good things about both the Lemo and the Delta II with rebuildable head. I have an Orchid RBA tank and I like it OK. If I can build coils, pretty sure anyone can.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I tend to rant and go off-topic so I'll try to make this question as simple as possible to answer.

I've been using the the Kanger Subtank Mini on the iPV Mini II for about three months now and overall I love it. When I first got my eGo starter kit years ago I didn't care about cloud production and was only concerned about the throat hit being similar to the strength of a Camel filter so the transition would be easier. Now that I've been using this tank I have to admit the clouds have grown on me and it wouldn't be the same if they were taken away. My only problem is that I'm using the 1.2 ohm coil and I'm running through these things, on average, every 4-5 days and I'm starting to wonder (and hope) if there are cheaper options I should look into, but I don't even know where to start. I'm assuming the answer I'm going to get is RBA's and if that's the case can anyone point me in the right direction for a dummy guide? Any and all advice is much appreciated!

You are at the stage where your best option is an RBA.
They seem intimidating but they aren't.
Do some research, brush up on ohms law and pick up the right tools (ohm reader, kanthal, screwdrivers, etc).

safety first!!! Educate yourself on batteries and whatnot, and build something!

wrapping a coil isn't surgery, just takes a bit of practice.

if you have a local B&M, ask them for a demo.

Caffeine7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2013
Riverside, ca
Those heads are very easy to pull out the wick, dry burn the coil and re wick. Check youtube,there are a bunch of videos. No need to replace constantly or make new coils. Its a five min operation and even the finest Japanese cotton costs as much as 2-3 coils for enough for a lifetime. I got a box of 60 pads for $12.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
doesn't the subtank mini have an RBA section? All you need is just use the RBA section on your subtank mini. (if it is the mini, the mini has an RBA section, the subtank NANO doesnt). All you would need to buy is kanthal wire and some cotton.

Yes, it does. Add to this list, an ohm reader.:)

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

I've been using the the Kanger Subtank Mini on the iPV Mini II for about three months now and overall I love it. When I first got my eGo starter kit years ago I didn't care about cloud production and was only concerned about the throat hit being similar to the strength of a Camel filter so the transition would be easier. Now that I've been using this tank I have to admit the clouds have grown on me and it wouldn't be the same if they were taken away. My only problem is that I'm using the 1.2 ohm coil and I'm running through these things, on average, every 4-5 days and I'm starting to wonder (and hope) if there are cheaper options I should look into, but I don't even know where to start. I'm assuming the answer I'm going to get is RBA's and if that's the case can anyone point me in the right direction for a dummy guide? Any and all advice is much appreciated!

Yes the answer is rebuildables.

Get yourself a simple rda. Whatever else you might get, get an rda.

Oh, and you have the subtank mini; the subtank mini comes with a rebuildable head!! All you have to do is use the rebuidable head and wrap your own coils;
get a few rba heads and you could prewrap a few heads ready to go.
If you get yourself a 10pack of rba heads you could afford to vape on a fresh head everyday and rewick/dryburn heads on sundays.

And check youtube for videos about rebuilding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread