Here's a loaded question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniboi1977

Verified Member
Oct 18, 2014
Portland, ME, USA
Is there a specific thread for asking for recommendations? (that's not the question)

I've been using an iStick 20W for a while now, and I really like it. But, my threads are shot, and I'm getting sick of sticking random items between my tanks and the iStick and hoping it will catch. So, I'm thinking it's time for an upgrade. I've been looking all kinds of specs and details and I'm getting a bit overwhelmed.

Some of the things I'm looking for:

Shape/Size: Box is better than tube for me, I just like the way it feels. "mini" is nice, but I think I might want bigger.

Batteries: I definitely want removeable, with a decent life. I'm thinking 2 18650s. USB charging would be great.

Power: VV/VW, up to 50-ish w. I don't see myself ever needing 150w, but then again, when I bought the iStick, I couldn't imagine going up to 20, now I want more...lol

Sub-Ohm: Something that can handle .5 and up or so. I'm too much of a wuss to go any lower, and haven't really found any need to, as I prefer flavor to clouds.

Misc: magnets, instead of screws, on the battery door would be awesome, but not necessary with USB charging.

Price: under $100, but beyond that, I'm fairly flexible, if it's a decent piece.

My vape-style: I've been using Protank 2's primarily until very recently, when I bought a Big Dripper, and have fallen in love with it. Right now I'm running 1.5 ohms at 20w, and it's mostly excellent, although I find myself wanting more power with some juices. I vape on and off all day (duh), as I'm in my car driving a lot for work. Go through about 5-10ml of juice a day.

The 2 that have caught my attention so far are the SMOKTech XPRO M50 50W, and the Sigelei 100W. The smok has the better price and most of what I need, but the Sigelei has the dual 18650s and magnets. If I ask my B+M (which I love, don't get me wrong), I'll be walking out with a $200 mod...they're damn good sales dudes!

So, I thought I'd ask you all, and see what you recommend.

Thanks for the help!
Dan

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I know it's not really a recommendation as such, but you can get a bending adapter for the istick - it'll screw in and save your threads. It also has a spring loaded 510 pin too. I got mine from Discount Vapors I know they are out of stock at the moment, but I don't doubt they'll get some more in.

eleaf_Bending.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread