Not open for further replies.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Why vape if you didn't smoke?

Are you drinking enough water? I know when I slack on drinking water my taste goes away.
Maybe someone else can help, this is why I vape unflavored to avoid this problem. Since I just need nicotine and stepping down in mg since I mix my own, I don't want fruity flavors or anything now.

thatrandy

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2014
New Jersey
Why vape if you didn't smoke?

Are you drinking enough water? I know when I slack on drinking water my taste goes away.
Maybe someone else can help, this is why I vape unflavored to avoid this problem. Since I just need nicotine and stepping down in mg since I mix my own, I don't want fruity flavors or anything now.
Why did you start smoking? ;)

And thanks I have been slacking on water... Hopefully that's it

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Hmmm how hot is your vape? What resistance coil? What device are you using? Are you sub-ohm'ing?

If you are vaping a very hot vape and you are taking the vape in across your tongue, you could be frying your taste buds. Time heals. Change your vape style if you are taking the vape across the tongue. Try tilting so the vape goes towards the roof of your mouth.

Just some ideas for you. :)

thatrandy

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2014
New Jersey
Hmmm how hot is your vape? What resistance coil? What device are you using? Are you sub-ohm'ing?

If you are vaping a very hot vape and you are taking the vape in across your tongue, you could be frying your taste buds. Time heals. Change your vape style if you are taking the vape across the tongue. Try tilting so the vape goes towards the roof of your mouth.

Just some ideas for you. :)

1.8 ohm at 3.3 volts. So not hot at all

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
1.8 ohm at 3.3 volts. So not hot at all

Yeah, that's cooler than mine :D I am at 1.6 and 3.7 volts. Try drinking more water, change up how you vape. Also, Biotene is a great mouth wash. It is almost all pg based so if you have any issues with PG, probably not a good thing to use.

Dry Mouth Symptom Relief Products | Biotene

You can find it where you find mouthwash in your drugstore or grocery store. :)

thatrandy

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2014
New Jersey
Yeah, that's cooler than mine :D I am at 1.6 and 3.7 volts. Try drinking more water, change up how you vape. Also, Biotene is a great mouth wash. It is almost all pg based so if you have any issues with PG, probably not a good thing to use.

Dry Mouth Symptom Relief Products | Biotene

You can find it where you find mouthwash in your drugstore or grocery store. :)

I actually just checked my coils and they're really gunked up..... But i've only vaped about 2ml of liquid! could this not be helping?

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I actually just checked my coils and they're really gunked up..... But i've only vaped about 2ml of liquid! could this not be helping?

It's entirely possible. If the coil is gunked up, you won't get as good of a flavor from the liquid. At only 2ml of liquid, sounds like you may want to change up the liquid you are using. Rule of thumb (not always but pretty close) darker liquids gunk up faster, sweeter liquids gunk up faster. Combine them dark and sweet? Well, you get the picture.

thatrandy

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2014
New Jersey
It's entirely possible. If the coil is gunked up, you won't get as good of a flavor from the liquid. At only 2ml of liquid, sounds like you may want to change up the liquid you are using. Rule of thumb (not always but pretty close) darker liquids gunk up faster, sweeter liquids gunk up faster. Combine them dark and sweet? Well, you get the picture.

Its smruf's blood by gorella vapes... and its the only ejuice I like.... its practically clear too lol

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I finally found a ejuice I love..... I go away for a day, come back, and now I can't taste any ejuice o.o so it's not from over vaping.... I'm a non smoker so I know that its not my taste recovering.... I'm concerned because I really enjoyed my vape. Help

When did you find it?

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
For me its sweeter juices from what I can see none of the home remedy's work Drink water, lemon juice,pickle juice, eat grapes, exct.... I just vape something else for awhile then the problem goes away. It has been reoccurring for me.

When I first started vaping I went threw a few days that I could not taste almost anything so I vaped a strong cinnamon and cheery Atomic Fish now its just certain sweet flavors like butter scotch.

I herd of you eat Trinidad moruga scorpion pepper and at the height of the misery you snort a 3/8s by 2" line of wasabi not the American fake horseradish but the real deal then you will never have that happen again.

If your try it please video and post so we can all have a good laugh!

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I finally found a ejuice I love..... I go away for a day, come back, and now I can't taste any ejuice o.o so it's not from over vaping.... I'm a non smoker so I know that its not my taste recovering.... I'm concerned because I really enjoyed my vape. Help
By more gear. Wick more attys. Have multiple setups all the time. You will never run out of flavor. The struggle is real.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
People really need to stop this notion that vaping is strictly a smoking cessation tool. For some, it is the new smoking. People who don't smoke will vape. Is it the best choice to make? No, but as ex-smokers, we all did something far more stupid. We aren't really in a position to judge. Vaping as a smoking cessation tool did it's job for me a long time ago. Now I vape because I enjoy it. It's peaceful and relaxing.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
People really need to stop this notion that vaping is strictly a smoking cessation tool. For some, it is the new smoking. People who don't smoke will vape. Is it the best choice to make? No, but as ex-smokers, we all did something far more stupid. We aren't really in a position to judge. Vaping as a smoking cessation tool did it's job for me a long time ago. Now I vape because I enjoy it. It's peaceful and relaxing.

Right on HM every home should have a vaporizer in it or you just ant American!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread