Can't taste anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis180

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Alcoa Tn.
I've been vaping with no cigarettes since early August. Part of what got me to quit smoking was the great taste of my ejuice. Now for the past month I can't taste any of it. My absolute favorite was vanda (vinalla) and merango (strawberry) from Johnson Creek. Now I can't taste it at all. I have tried swapping back to tobacco flavors and even vaping unflavored vg 18mg nic then swapping back. Still no luck. I'm currently vaping a reo grand with rm2 .7 ohm coil 28awg kanthall and cotton wick. This was the best setup ever for me. I refuse to go back to cigarettes because I feel so much better. But I want my flavor back. It just isn't the same with no taste. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
SOunds like vaper's tongue.

Step 1: Seriously up your water intake.
Step 2: Try something really spicey or really salty to eat. A salty green olive works well for me.
Step 3: Use this time without taste to vape up all those juices we all have that we didn't like.
Step 4: Wait it out. It will pass.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Just dont pour tabasco on your tounge. I still could not taste it but the burn was there. lol I have not been able to taste things for weeks now. No food no coffee no nothing. Every once in a while i do get a hint of taste but then it is gone. I am hoping this will not be long term, but if it is so be it. It beats smoking any day and it is keeping me from eating everything under the sun cause it tastes so good. lol

4star60

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
St.louis
I have had the same problem... you have to keep switching flavors... I found lemon juice works... I rinsed my mouth with the 3% hydrogen peroxide you can get at the store... that also helped but it took a couple days. It will pass. I have good and and bad vape days. You have to set it down more often. Friends asked if I was chain vaping and I was.... now I hit it 3-4 times per hour I stead ofconstantly vaping. If youre chain vaping thats most likely the problem.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I have had the same problem... you have to keep switching flavors... I found lemon juice works... I rinsed my mouth with the 3% hydrogen peroxide you can get at the store... that also helped but it took a couple days. It will pass. I have good and and bad vape days. You have to set it down more often. Friends asked if I was chain vaping and I was.... now I hit it 3-4 times per hour I stead ofconstantly vaping. If youre chain vaping thats most likely the problem.
I have been chain vaping for 7 months. I have had vaper's tongue ONCE and it lasted 1 day. I also have 11 flavors in my rotation and switch them out 3-4 times a day.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I work at a B&M and the amount of scents wafting constantly throughout the air plays havoc with my tastebuds. When at work, I can't taste my ADV's, Boba's Bounty and Honey Pearry. So I have to unscrew them from my devices and vape something to replace them for nine hours. Once I walk out of those doors, my tastebuds come back and I re-attach my BB and Honey Pearry tanks.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
What worked for me.....

Drink more water. Lots.

Also before vaping brush teeth and tongue and rinse with mouth wash.
Then drink coffee or pepsi while you vape.

And drink more water.

Mine lasted about two weeks.
I was scared at first. But when i found this system it got me thru.

I believe the coffee is a nuetralizer.
The pepsi is acidic.
The mouth wash kills bacteria and kinda gives a fresh pallet to work with.
The water helps hydrate your mouth as moisture is lost when vaping.

Good luck

Travis180

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Alcoa Tn.
Well I've brushed, rinsed, drank gallons of water. I just broke out the provari mini and protank2 with 1.8ohm coil at 3.7v. I can definitely taste my vanilla strawberry mix better than n a lon g time. I am going to go with my unflavored vg 18mg for a few days and then try the reo again. I believe this might have been a learning experience. I wander if the .7 ohm coils in my rm2 are a little too hot for this 100% vg causing flavor to not be as good. I went to a 50 50 mix vg pg in the protank2 so that might b part of the reason for the return of some taste.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread