Status
Not open for further replies.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
hi all,
i have been reading this forum every day for more than a year.
after some time i have come to the conclusion that some types of posts
are not necessarily what they see to be.
specifically posts in the new vaper forum where a poster claiming to be
new to vaping goes on and on extolling the virtues of their obviously advanced
set ups and the juice they use and on the other hand supposed new vapers
trashing the same or mostly the same set ups and juice.
i am beginning to think that most of these type posts are thinly veiled endorsements
or deliberate trashing of said set ups and or juice and have nothing to do with
the "new to vaping vapers" actual experience.
what do you good people think?,or is it tinfoil time?
:2c:
regards
mike

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Not sure but I noticed a dramatic change in the way supposed new vapors starting introducing themselves and the type of gear they (SWORE BY) used.
<I just started vaping and this .1 is the Bomb.....Bla...Bla...Bla> But when they finally ask the question about an issue..............Be prepared to be told you don't know jack:facepalm:
I've pretty much stopped visiting N.M.:(

LJGma

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
NV
I am new and I see what the OP of this thread is talking about. I came here for help and not to brag or act like I know it all when only vaping a few months... I can say that there are lot of great people here that have helped me. and if I see a question I can answer about a good Juice or some thing I add my opinion and have found many good things also from others asking :)

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
Two things to consider:

1. There is a different type of new vaper. Never or rarely smoked for very long and is interested only in cloud chasing. A hobby at the onset.

2. New vapers that have skipped starting devices either by aggressive selling at a B&M or bad advise they have read online.

Vaping has changed a lot over the last few years.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
29m0k6o.jpg

Das Auto

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Pacific NW, USA
It is called the New Member's forum not the New Vaper's Forum. So I think lots of people are "new" to vaping could also be included in the "New Member's" section, but not all "new member's" are "new" vaper's. Therefore, I think lumping everyone in the same category in the New Member's forum is incorrect. Plus, there are LOTS of threads started by so-called "Lurkers" who have been vaping awhile and just not felt like registering.

So I'm not really sure the idea behind this thread - either you're wanting to bash new vapers or New Member's or both? Or just wanted to Rant about inconsequential post starters. But those are my thoughts anyway!

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
It is called the New Member's forum not the New Vaper's Forum. So I think lots of people are "new" to vaping could also be included in the "New Member's" section, but not all "new member's" are "new" vaper's. Therefore, I think lumping everyone in the same category in the New Member's forum is incorrect. Plus, there are LOTS of threads started by so-called "Lurkers" who have been vaping awhile and just not felt like registering.

So I'm not really sure the idea behind this thread - either you're wanting to bash new vapers or New Member's or both? Or just wanted to Rant about inconsequential post starters. But those are my thoughts anyway!

did you read the part where i said,claim to be new to vaping?
i am not referring to experienced vapers new to the forum.
i don't recall condemning anyone.
regards
mike

Last edited:

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
The last time i popped in on the new members section most of the posts were regarding sub-ohm vaping. I made a hasty exit because i can't add anything to that. My version of extreme vaping is going down to a dual coil 1 ohm at 20 watts and that makes me feel naughty !
Seems like only a few days ago people were asking where to get the best carto-tank. Now it's bragging about a whizzle twist 0.1 ohm nano furnace build.
I guess it's the changing face of vaping. This site is evolving fast and becoming a much more hobbyist hang out than it was before....

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
There's a little bit of truth to all of the preceding comments.

I've noticed the influx of "new vapers" who are asking questions about very low sub-ohm setups on mechanical mods which quite often scare the bejesus out of me. Either the setup is getting warm to touch, or they are not getting the vapor they expected. For example:

I was wondering if I could vape 0.14 Ohms on a panzer mod with a sony vtc 5 in it? without any battery venting

They often don't own an ohm reader. They're using ICR batteries, or at least using batteries not fit for the builds they are using. Quite often they purchased these setups from so-called "friends" or most alarmingly from a vape shop that should know better. Future lawsuits from personal injuries should put an end to all of that, if not future regulations.

Thank goodness they are coming here to get info. What we veterans must do is attempt to educate these people (if they will listen and take the time to learn the basics). Provide links to help, as people are too lazy to hunt them, or don't know how.

Last edited:

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
I wish people knew how to use apostrophes. :(

I also wish people knew when to use uppercase.

Oh, damn it all to hell. I just wish people knew how to write.

don't worry proper punctuation is making a come back.
some of us older folks are from the pager age when brevity
was necessary. the texting craze isn't helping maters either.
as more and more schools integrate individual computers in
the classroom proper form will make a come back.
regards
mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread