Best tank for eVic Joyetech 1st gen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkoz

Dec 15, 2014
Hello, I've been using the Aerotank giant with an eVic Joyetech 1st gen battery since 5 months ago and the glass of my tank broke a few weeks ago so, I'm looking for a new tank upgrade, I've seen good reviews about the KangerTech Sub Ohm but I havn't had the time to see reviews about other thanks and this one looks pretty cool, what other tanks are out there to compete with this one? Should I get this one? I'm ordering in the next 3 hours or so, so, any advice is welcomed!

Thanks in advance vapers!

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Looking at the specs of the eVic, you definitely won't be able to use the Kanger Subtank with the 0.5 ohm coil. With a minimum voltage of 3V and a maximum wattage of 11W, the 0.5 ohm coil won't work. At 3V, the 0.5 ohm coil will require 18 watts. You could use the 1.2 ohm coil and your voltage would top out at 3.6 volts since this would require 10.8 watts. According to the Kanger specs for the 1.2 ohm coil, it is designed to operate at 12-25 watts (the 0.5 ohm coil is 15-30 watts). While it could be used below 12 watts, it will spit, crackle and pop like crazy. If you want to use the Subtank, I would highly recommend upgrading your battery as well.

punkoz

Dec 15, 2014
Looking at the specs of the eVic, you definitely won't be able to use the Kanger Subtank with the 0.5 ohm coil. With a minimum voltage of 3V and a maximum wattage of 11W, the 0.5 ohm coil won't work. At 3V, the 0.5 ohm coil will require 18 watts. You could use the 1.2 ohm coil and your voltage would top out at 3.6 volts since this would require 10.8 watts. According to the Kanger specs for the 1.2 ohm coil, it is designed to operate at 12-25 watts (the 0.5 ohm coil is 15-30 watts). While it could be used below 12 watts, it will spit, crackle and pop like crazy. If you want to use the Subtank, I would highly recommend upgrading your battery as well.

Well, what tank should i get? the glass of my giant broke and I can't find a replacement here in Mexico :(
I need a tank that provides a lot of vapor and flavor and doesn't leak or break too easy, and be able to see how much liquid I have left (glass) covered with metal for protection. the nautilus and aspire tanks have a lot of good reviews but they seem too fragile for me.. ive seen a lot of threads about people breaking the glass on those tanks.

Edit: If I get the subtank I'll be using it with the dual coils from my aerotank giant while I save money for a new battery

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread