Joyetech Evic VT 60W Problems.... maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many Evic VT users do we have out here?

I recently (Two weeks ago) purchased an Evic VT and have been using it since. Generally, vaping is good with this device. Good flavor and good cloud production with the eGo ONE Mega tank. The only problem I'm having is, I HAVE REPLACED THE COIL THREE TIMES since I purchased the product.

Is this normal? I don't think so. I just want to know what is your average life span on your Ni coil or Ti coil that you are using with your Evic VT. Thanks a lot guys or gals!!!

Vape on!!!

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Largely depends on your e-liquid and daily consumpion.
Of you want to reduce the costs I suggest picking up the CLR heads so you can rebuild on your own.

I have the vct mini but never touched the one tank. I use RTA's and RDA's.

I agree!!

I build my own coils and I will say I change my wicks daily because of the type of juices I vape. Very sweet juices build gunk on a coil fast. If I didn't change my cotton and burn off my coils it starts tasting really bad. So yeah, it's normal if you are vaping sweet juices. Also how much you vape can cause your coils to go bad faster. If you are chain vaping then expect only a few days out of coil. If you are chain vaping and using sweet juices you can expect little time out of coil.... like me!!!

Reactions: MMW
It's not you, it's the tank. The sub ohm coils for the Mega are small, with small juice holes. I found my tank losing flavour a couple of hours after using it. I eventually gave up and put my Subtank on the Evic.

That's another option I'm looking at... I want to get the kanger subtank plus to use with this evic vt... I'm also waiting for another MOD to come. Its a Sigelei 150W VT and it'll be paired with a Uwell Crown... Can't wait to vape on that

Vape on!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I found when using nickel builds I had issues with the evic but general kanthal was okay? Strange

Get another tank so you don't sway away from the vape game

Where's your ego one mega? Did you get the kit?

I love those little tanks I have two lol

Especially in nickel mode

I bought the starter kit... I'm thinking of getting a kanger sub tank for it. I'm definitely not going to sway away from the vape game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
I agree!!

I build my own coils and I will say I change my wicks daily because of the type of juices I vape. Very sweet juices build gunk on a coil fast. If I didn't change my cotton and burn off my coils it starts tasting really bad. So yeah, it's normal if you are vaping sweet juices. Also how much you vape can cause your coils to go bad faster. If you are chain vaping then expect only a few days out of coil. If you are chain vaping and using sweet juices you can expect little time out of coil.... like me!!!
Elizabeth, if you don't mind answer what do ypu use?

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
I've had my evic VT 60 for about five months and my vtc mini for a few days now.
I haven't used the stock ego one mega tank for the vt60 since a few days after I bought the kit. The stock juice holes are way too small, which compounds the problem of there not being enough wicking material in the coil head itself to avoid burning. To top that off, I find the tank to be a pain to fill compared to other tank systems.
Drilling out the juice holes on the stock heads helps a little, but not enough IMO.
Ditch the ego one mega, the kanger STM, uwell crown, cthulu, goblin, and TFV4 are all much better tanks.
In my experience, ti mode is a lot better than ni mode on the vt60.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Elizabeth, if you don't mind answer what do ypu use?

I have a bunch of different setups and they all need changing often because of the types of juices I use.

Kanger Kbox/Subtank mini/.5 ohms
Cloupor Mini/Uwell Crow/.30 ohms
Sigelei 75w/Zephyrus/.4 ohms
Sigelei 100w/Aromamizer/ .5 ohms
Kanger Kbox mini/ Subtank mini/ .5 ohms

I have a bunch more but those are the ones I have juice in right now...

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I own 2 eGo one Mega and 1 eGo one tanks. Wife uses them. Coils are not the gr8est. I rebuild my coils as they are very easy to do. Now she gets a week or more out of the rebuilds. You do not have to have the CLR heads. Stock coils that come with it are super easy to build. Watch Utube videos on it. As for the eVic VT, I keep that but run different toppers on it. It is my best mod for TC. I like it and use it a lot. Not my favorite only because it does not take external batteries. You made a good choice in buying it. Only con against the whole system in my opinion is the price of the little rinky dinky coils. The one ohm coils are unvapable even when new and must be rebuilt IMHO. I have never used the TI coils for TC I use NI coils. CHEERS!

Crash_Test

Dec 4, 2015
Boerne, TX
How many Evic VT users do we have out here?

I recently (Two weeks ago) purchased an Evic VT and have been using it since. Generally, vaping is good with this device. Good flavor and good cloud production with the eGo ONE Mega tank. The only problem I'm having is, I HAVE REPLACED THE COIL THREE TIMES since I purchased the product.

Is this normal? I don't think so. I just want to know what is your average life span on your Ni coil or Ti coil that you are using with your Evic VT. Thanks a lot guys or gals!!!

Vape on!!!

Not a tech head like most of these guys but I have the same mod. Had same problem and switched coil to Kanger .5 ohm, change setting to power mode and at 25 watts. Works like a charm. I vape 6-8 mil a day and change the coil out every 2 weeks.
Also check your VG percentage. An 80/20 VG mix works splendid with this mod. Anything over 70/30 VG imo hits too harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread