Have Aspire lost it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlakeMcC1990

Feb 4, 2015
United Kingdom
So Aspire have announced an Atlantis 2 and Atlantis Mega along with a CF Maxx battery.
Will I purchase these? Yes! Am I excited? No!

Aspire revonutionalised the vaping world with the birth of the Nautilus. When the Atlantis arrived everyone was excited that Aspire had made a new model, and expectations were high! No way am I claiming the Atlantis is garbage, but after looking at it, there wasn't really a big wow. It just kind of looked small and boring! But performance is the main point!

KangerTech most likely Aspires biggest rivals had taken first place with their SubTank series! Although I hate Kanger! The more options and reliability were so much better than the Atlantis!

When I heard Aspire were releasing these I had high hopes that we would get an Aspire RTA with more Ohm option stock coils and a 50W 18650 MOD! But... Apparently the Mega tank and the MOD is 30mm so pretty big! Also it charges from a USB and there is no rebuild section! So all in all a few minor upgrades including drip tip changes and more airflow. But nothing that will make you want to buy one straight away. I'm an Aspire fan! I will support them and make a purchase regardless! Just think they could of done more!

One last thing! I was kind of put off of the fact they called it the Atlantis Mega! When there's Kanger AeroTank Mega! I would of thought they would make the effort and come up with something more unique!

Video here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=swQHODWlqMA

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
Not really any surprises there to be honest, yeah...they seem to have lost it.

Just checked the vid you posted and TBH, it is not very ecf friendly regarding the language "not now Liz" lol...I watch this guy sometimes but wouldn't be brave enough to post this link here my man.

Last edited:

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I used to be a HUGE Aspire fan. I still do like the basics of their products. I don't, however, have any desire to own another piece of equipment that I need to buy proprietary coils for anymore. I quit smoking cause I hated the dependency factor of it as well as the health reasons. At least with an RTA you don't have that issue. If Aspire came out with a rebuildable option, chances are I'd be all over it.

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
Their box mod is blah. The Atlantis is ok, but nothing revolutionary. The 2nd one isn't either. Rba coil would change my mind, but it seems like that won't happen. Rtas are getting more popular, with lower cost authentics like the subtank and lemo, people who are afraid of clones have other options,and they're very good options too. It looks like aspire is aiming more towards the beginner, but those beginners grow up and move on to another company. Oh well. Maybe the Atlantis 3 will be better.

A battery the size of an air tool, adjustable wattage but no charging pass through on an internal battery? No rba? I'll pass.

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Soooooo
Your expecting mechanical and rba type options from a company that's known for plug and play consumer level devices?

Maybe they don't feel like chasing a nich market and producing devices and options that 75% of their user base isn't interested in just so they have to clearance price everything 3 months from now when the cloud chasers have moved on to the next thing.

Just a thought.

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
For me if there is no rba section I'm not interested in that way the subtank has ruined things for me but also because I've got the sweetspot in vaping for me I don't need anything more then i have right now so if I'm to buy anything in future its got to tick all the boxes not just some. I haven't bought a delta 2 because after everything coming in one package with the subtank I resent having to sperately buy the rba section màybe I'm the one at fault. To answer the question yes aspire have lost it tiny incremental improvements in products just isn't good enough in the fast paced world that is vaping it isn't an industry where you can sit on your laurels just too many company's competing. 30mm is just way too big for me as well I went to small box mods as I got tired of carrying my lightsabre zmax and svd I don't want to go back to that.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I agree, Aspire is catering to the people who choose not to advance to building. With that being said, Kanger, a company I have no products from, has options for both types in the Sub-tank line. I would think Aspire is missing out on a good segment of the market by not doing the same thing. Just my opinion though. I would think Aspire could come out with something that would surely compete with the Lemo. (a product I do have) and I would be one of the first in line to try one.

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
Soooooo
Your expecting mechanical and rba type options from a company that's known for plug and play consumer level devices?

Maybe they don't feel like chasing a nich market and producing devices and options that 75% of their user base isn't interested in just so they have to clearance price everything 3 months from now when the cloud chasers have moved on to the next thing.

Just a thought.
This is a 50w battery, running a 0.3ohm coil, it's already a niche market device. The only difference is that most sub ohm people don't want something without an rba deck.

I've never met someone who sub ohms who doesn't build their own. They completely missed their market.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
This is a 50w battery, running a 0.3ohm coil, it's already a niche market device. The only difference is that most sub ohm people don't want something without an rba deck.

I've never met someone who sub ohms who doesn't build their own. They completely missed their market.

But this does give the non builders a sub ohm option. I do agree it is a niche market though. I know when I bought my Atlantis, that it is what pushed me on to the RTA options as I loved the Atlantis experience, just not the promise of more expensive coils to replace. So in essence they pushed me out of their market. If they had given me something to graduate to, I would still be purchasing Aspire products.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread