Best set up for my mates dad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisH48

Feb 11, 2015
newcastle uk
hi all
so im looking for advice on a vaping solution for my mates dad - the brief i have is good quality kit £150ish...
I have no direction in terms of best for 150 or best for 75 *2 for backup.
I have isticks and nautilus minis and while i love them - i think they may be tricky for a new starter..
Ideas please?? Grateful acceptance sent in anticipation :)
C

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Does this mates father want to vape though?
I noticed with my mom if it's not something they want to do it, it's hard for them to keep up with it.

I will say this though, my dad had an eGrip, that quality is terrible. My dad is now using an iStick 50w (vape shop employee gave my dad his personal iStick 50w since the eGrip crapped out so quick) and Atlantis tank and absolutely loves it. He doesn't mess with watts, he can fill the tank quickly by himself. Battery life is amazing. I'm personally going 3 days on my charge and almost to half battery. Might not be the ideal beginner setup, but this setup with unflavored e-juice is what has gotten my dad to one month smoke free from 2 packs a day.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Consider the mini Subtank. The airflow can be closed down for MTL or opened up for direct to lung inhaling. Plus it comes with a rebuildable base should your mates Dad ever wish to get into rebuilding instead of using the stock coils.

I run my mini Subtank at 25-30 watts vs 40 watts for my Atlantis. I've read that most MTL inhalers find the draw on the Atlantis to airy (even closed down all the way).

Another option might be the mini (or full size Nautilus). I run mine at 15-18 watts.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
My missus can't use the latest type of 'high airflow/direct lung inhale' tanks. She struggles enough with mini Nautlius to be honest.

I'm going to try her out with Aspire K1 next, if they ever get back in stock. I have enough eGo type batteries to not need a power source.

Important to remember newbies find it all quite overwhelming... and they cough a bit too while they get used to it. Because of that, I would rule of the latest tanks myself.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    He is definitely up for it. I think 50w would be a bit ott - Ill have a look at the atlantis. Possibly I stick 30w and atlantis could be a good combo.

The nice thing about the iStick-50 is it works as well at 5 watts as it does at 50. Right now mine is set at a whopping 7.5 watts (3v).

BTW, I'm a 74 year old refugee from geezerhood.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 6, 2014
    Alabama
    He is definitely up for it. I think 50w would be a bit ott - Ill have a look at the atlantis. Possibly I stick 30w and atlantis could be a good combo.

The also good thing about the 50w is battery life. My friend, her istick 30w had to be plugged in every 3-4 hours the way she was vaping when we hung out. My iStick 50w at 23 watts and 0.6 ohms has lasted from Wednesday and it's just now at half battery on Sunday morning now. Granted I'm switching between 2 mods, I still vape the iStick every 5 minutes for 3 second pulls. It's weird since the iStick 50w has that puff timer. My dad is 62, if he can learn it I think anyone can. He leaves his atlantis at 21 watts I believe and it's perfect for him.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    The nice thing about the iStick-50 is it works as well at 5 watts as it does at 50. Right now mine is set at a whopping 7.5 watts (3v).

BTW, I'm a 74 year old refugee from geezerhood.

And at 7.5 watts the charge will last for days. I too and an old fart and the istick is the only mod that interests me at this point. Will probably get myself one for my birthday later this month.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread