1.5 years clean and not looking back

Status
Not open for further replies.

aron77

Jan 18, 2014
KC,MO, USA
Hi my name is Steve and I'm a smokaholic. I've been clean for nearly 1.5 years and I've even converted a few people along the way.

I haven't been back here for a while but I had some questions about steeping so I logged in but I thought I report in on my journey to quit smoking. January marked one full year so I'm almost up to 1.5 years free of smoke. I'd like to eventually quit nicotine altogether but for now I'm happy to be smoke free, though I did just lower my nicotine level to 12mg, that is however in a higher watt unit. How long has it been for you? Do you think you will ever quit vaping too?

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
GREAT! 3 months for me. Wanted a cig bad today and realized I was vaping 0 nic non flavored juice to break in / test a coil build. Quickly broke out the clearo full of Claytons tobacco flav 16 mg for a fix. I had also found a Bic lighter to use to anneal the wire with.... Old habits die hard,

Last edited:

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Hi my name is Steve and I'm a smokaholic. I've been clean for nearly 1.5 years and I've even converted a few people along the way.

I haven't been back here for a while but I had some questions about steeping so I logged in but I thought I report in on my journey to quit smoking. January marked one full year so I'm almost up to 1.5 years free of smoke. I'd like to eventually quit nicotine altogether but for now I'm happy to be smoke free, though I did just lower my nicotine level to 12mg, that is however in a higher watt unit. How long has it been for you? Do you think you will ever quit vaping too?

While 1.5 years is awesome remember when you had two weeks? How awesome it felt to rid of a addiction actually having hope creep in to your mind I think the hardest and the earliest mile stones are the best 1 day 1 week 1 month

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
Congrats! I recently passed the 1.5yr mark too. Isn't it a great feeling?

I still remember day 1, week 1, month 1 etc. I was surprised by how easy it was to quit smoking and how the days added up. Over time I upgraded to a better mod, bought a RTA, learned to build coils, and started DIY. I've dropped my nic from 18mg to 6mg. I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

Echoing kaahn, please get involved. Pay attention to the CASAA calls to action at the top of the page - 29 states have pending legislation and more are coming like foxes after sheep. Joining CASAA is free. Add your voice to support vaping. Thanks.

qiubicfit

May 17, 2013
miami beach FL.
congrats, i quit three years ago, and never look back, once i began vaping that was it. I started at 18 and now i'm at 6mg nic
i'm pretty sure i have become a total VAPORHOLIC, i just love everything about it, so many cool gadgets , really into RDA
which gives amazing flavor like nothing else, and also a huge fan of the new sub tanks coming out like every week...

It's been 3-4 months since I completely switched to vaping. I recently bummed a cigarette from someone, just to see how the cigarette would taste like now. A complete shiiiiiiittttt, that's how it tasted. It tasted like metal and dry burn somehow, and I ended up throwing it away after smoking 1/3 of it. Then, I knew that I won't be back to smoking, ever again.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
June 1 = 2 years with vaping after 43 years PAD smoking. To date I've not even wanted a cig (thank ya lord).
With the pending gov't inquisition of vaping I plan to begin ramping down in the number of times and the nic that I vape in anticipation of the costs and limitations of juice and hardware. The ultimate goal is to deny BG, BT, BP their pound(s) of flesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread