Sony VTC5 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinGAVIN

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2014
Manila, Philippines
I might be wrong, but if it got run down too LOW, some chargers won't bring it back up...but another might.
Did you run it very low?

One time my VTC5 ran too low neither my nitecore nor my xstar charger would charge it. I stuck it in my Vapor Shark mod and charged it via USB and after about 3 mins the red light went on indicating that it was charging. After that the battery worked fine again.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have a Sony vtc5 that won't charge. It was charged and working fine. It wasn't hot, did not vent, it just stopped working. Any reason this would happen? It's not my rda or mod because I put my other vtc5 in the mod and it fired just fine.

It's either the battery or the charger.

Battery; If you discharged it to less than 2.5V some chargers will not re-charge it. If you discharged it too low you have damaged it. How much depends on a lot of factors, but the battery could be dangerous now and there is no way you'll know if it is until it vents or starts a fire. What is the battery voltage now?

The vast majority of VTC5's that have been sold since about late last year are counterfeits. They should not just stop working, but if they are from a really questionable supplier, they could be really sub-par. When did you buy this one and from what supplier?

Charger; Does it charge other batteries? What charger is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread