Back again

Status
Not open for further replies.

noxdrako

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Ocala fl
I have been on and off for a few years, mostly off because hubby says the smell of some of my favorite juices is annoying. Well a short stay of me in the hospital changed his mind and he does not seem to mind the vaping as much out of me.

I feel like I looked down for a second and when I looked back up there is all kind of new stuff out there, the aspire esp, eleaf, etc. I switched from the store bought auto to the ego style battery (I always go passthrough) and had gotten up to Kanger t2 and protank for various types of juice. I am a basic person, I might be interested in getting into some of those higher powered mods later (the vapor production looks insane) but I basically want to just throw the tank on a battery and go. I like replacing the atomizers and am not sure I would want to build my own and such. Of the new stuff that has come out since the protank hit (was it a year or so ago?) what would you recommend to a basic vaper? I noticed ALL the ego batteries were out of stock at gotvapes so that got me thinking maybe the ego style battery may be on its way out. I was browsing some other equipment and I was looking at the Kanger IPOW 2 but like I said, I would rather not fiddle and I do want something that is a passthrough as well.

I do realize there is a lot of variability, and the reason the more customization and adjustable stuff has come out is because everyone has different tastes, but I really would like to hear what everyone thinks for getting back into vaping.

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
the istick 30w,dont get the 50w thing a lot of issues

seems to be the new ego of this era,
its basically and ego twist just athad more complicated,
it adjust watts not volts compared to the old ego c

as for tanks,
aspire nautilus and
kanger subtanks seem to be a hit,
lemo

they are like your protanks,just sporting the rebuildable option that protanks has been missing

and that's just about it,

Reactions: Coldrake

noxdrako

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Ocala fl
DO you rebuild?
No I do not rebuild, and would prefer a simple plug and play coil so to speak.

I did see the suggestions of the Ego One, it looks interesting and close to what I currently use. The Istick 30 is something else I was looking at as well. I currently use pretty small stuff, Kanger t2 and protank tanks, would I be able to use those on those types of devices or do I need to worry about the ohms? My current tanks are between 1.8 and 2.2 and in watching some reviews I got the impression that some devices won't work with certain ohm coils. Also, I notice almost everything is 510 threaded, is there an adapter I can get for my ego stuff to go on that? I thought I saw some devices with a screw in adapter.

Reactions: SissySpike

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana

I did see the suggestions of the Ego One, it looks interesting and close to what I currently use. The Istick 30 is something else I was looking at as well. I currently use pretty small stuff, Kanger t2 and protank tanks, would I be able to use those on those types of devices or do I need to worry about the ohms? My current tanks are between 1.8 and 2.2 and in watching some reviews I got the impression that some devices won't work with certain ohm coils. Also, I notice almost everything is 510 threaded, is there an adapter I can get for my ego stuff to go on that? I thought I saw some devices with a screw in adapter.

You can get those adapters at myvaporstore . com. I just picked some up so I could use my Pro Tanks on a 510 battery. I'm sure a lot of online stores sell them. Around $4.00.

You wouldn't have to worry about your Pro Tanks on most batteries. Only if they won't go down to low enough power levels, if there even are such batteries. I never heard of any.

I taught myself to rebuild the Pro Tank coils. Not as hard as you might think. One good reason to do that is you never know how long new heads will be available. I heard Pro Tank 2's are being dropped by some stores as newer models come out. Plus the upcoming regulations might make it hard or impossible to buy new heads. But you could lay in a stock of wire and insulators and keep your heads going forever. Lightning Vapes are good for the insulators and other head parts if you want to do that.

Reactions: EleanorR

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA

I would suggest a Kanger sub mini you can get 1.2 ohm coils for it Yes there are ego to 510 adapters. The MPV 3 is a good for a mod long battery life between charging reliable and very accurately regulated. It goes to 60 watts so plenty of power if you chose to use it and its got a reasonable price tag
510toego.jpg

noxdrako

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Ocala fl
Soooo, ok. I had a friend gift me a hundred bucks on Amazon, not my favorite place to purchase equipment but hey, a hundred bucks is a hundred bucks. I did look for the IStick 30, and everyone seemed to be carrying only the 50. I also looked at the MVP3 but the price point seemed a little steep for me just getting into these types of devices. I ended up pulling the trigger on the Aspire ESP, and the Atlantis 2 tank, and an adapter for my ego stuff. The whole lot came in at about a buck over the hundred bucks I was given and at my current budget I would not have been able to pull that kind of a purchase off. (Oh and before I watched a lot of videos, I had already ordered a pack of 5 .3 replacement coils, looks like I might not be using them till I get more watts lol)

I have been watching videos, and I did see that the .3 coils should be used at higher watts than the esp puts out, so I will be switching out to the .5 I guess. What would happen if I were to use the .3's at the maximum 30 watts the device puts out? I don't want to find out the hard way. I was reading the esp goes down to 5 watts, and I think my ego batteries are usually between 3 something and 4 something watts so should I be pretty safe using my 1.8-2.2 coils at 5 watts? How high can I go with them. I do apologize for all the watts and ohms questions but when I watch videos and read descriptions of the ratios and relationships between them I hear clicks and whistles lol.

I really do appreciate having a place where there are seasoned veterans around who can answer questions like these for new people. I have told so many people asking me about vaping to come here I should print the web address on a business card to give out. Even as new as I am, the town I am in does not have a really big vaping community (that I know of anyway) and when we went through the cigarette line at wally world for hubby, the lady selling him the cigarettes was saying she was trying to quit and was not sure she could do it, hubby volunteered I was quitting, and I showed her the battery and tank I am using (I have had them forever, they are pretty beat up) and she was saying it looked neat and wanted to know where she could get something similiar, I pointed behind her to the very small section of Blu products and said that was the same thing in essence, but that the juice they sell is not as good as ordering something tasty.

As I sit here thinking about the devices I have had, you know what has killed more of my ego batteries than anything else? Throwing it in my purse, and they break at the point between the battery and the tank. I do intend to still buy a few more passthrough batteries when I get a chance, because the form factor is very familiar to me, but what would you guys recommend to keep something like that from happening to the mod and tank? (besides the obvious don't throw it in my purse. I have a cracked screen on a ten inch tablet victim to the same thing) Any case suggestions or something like that, that can be thrown in to the bermuda triangle bag of holding I take everywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread