I need some clarification on equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaziDaze

Jun 14, 2013
Carolinas
I have been vaping for almost two years and I am still confused about a few things. I don't want to be long-winded but I feel that have to include a history of the equipment that I am/have used so far.

I began my venture into PV's with a single voltage ego-c battery and a poly filled carto called the Kanger Titan.
(Like this)

6ml_eGo__Titan___4f6d08a6a46ea.jpg

I then went to the Kanger T2 clearomizer which I never did care for because you had to be sure to top coil was always well wicked. My next step was the Kanger T3 which was replaced a short time later with a couple of T3S's.

I have also added two more ego batteries - the ego c upgrade (two voltages with 5 button press) and a ego-Vv2 mega (variable 3.0-6.0 volts with up/down buttons at base). I like the slim look and feel of the T3S with any of the ego batteries. I don't particularly want a PV that looks like a three stage moon rocket. :blink:

I have always vaped a 50/50 tobacco/menthol juice and have never had any leaking/clouding problems with the T3S's that I keep hearing about. I am very satisfied with the longevity of the coils/heads before they need cleaning or replacement. And the juice capacity of the T3S is just about a full day of vaping for me.

My question is - I keep hearing forum members recommending the Protank mini and/or the evod. Are the Protank mini and/or the evod considered clearomizers or are they something entirely different? Are the Protank mini and/or the evod basically the same size as the T3S? Do the Protank mini and/or the evod provide a better vape?

I am trying to find out if there would be an advantage to me going with either the Protank mini or the evod over the T3S's that I have been using? I realize that everyone has their own favorite equipment when it comes to vaping and it is purely a subjective thing, but I would like to hear some opinions.

Thanks for bearing with me. :vapor:

Choc_Addic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Caldicote tunnel
I use protank mini, protank, EVOD and MT4.

The MT4 looks and built is very similar to T3S in that it's made of plastic and its cheap tank.

All of the above give similar performance.

They all have little tiny differences in use but mainly it's the look of it on the tank really,....

So if you are in for a bit of change but bottom coils are working great for you - than give it a try.

;)Go on! put a little of that pepper on ! Taste some thing ....Oh wait.... Okay. Never mine!;)

Cheers

Last edited:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
IMO they're all clearos.

The PT - all models - is pyrex, so if you vape tank crackers, a good choice.

The T3S is plastic, but holds more than any of the PT line. Since you have some, and like them, and don't appear to have cracking / clouding issues, I'd say stick with them.

I agree. I've not tried the protank but have the eVods. I also have some of the original T3's. I like them but like the looks of the eVod over the T3. They are all basically just clearomizers with slight differences.

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
My question is - I keep hearing forum members recommending the Protank mini and/or the evod. Are the Protank mini and/or the evod considered clearomizers or are they something entirely different? Are the Protank mini and/or the evod basically the same size as the T3S? Do the Protank mini and/or the evod provide a better vape?

I am trying to find out if there would be an advantage to me going with either the Protank mini or the evod over the T3S's that I have been using? I realize that everyone has their own favorite equipment when it comes to vaping and it is purely a subjective thing, but I would like to hear some opinions.

Thanks for bearing with me. :vapor:

Aside from what has been mentioned about glass - The all have different airflow. I just got a 1.8 ohm head for my MT3S which is the same ohm of my evods. I prefer the vape on the evods. I don't have a protank to do a direct comparison.

I agree. I've not tried the protank but have the eVods. I also have some of the original T3's. I like them but like the looks of the eVod over the T3. They are all basically just clearomizers with slight differences.

If you like the T3 performance but the evod look you may want to go with the MT3 since it is a T3 with the evod type metal shell.

JayTater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
tampa fl
Thanks for the replies guys - I guess I have to follow the old adage - "if it ain't broke - don't fix it"

Actually, I was hoping to hear someone say that the PT mini or evod was a huge improvement over my T3s, so I could scratch my "get sumtin new" itch. LOL

I wish I could say the same! I find that there's always something better LOL

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Honestly after trying a whole host of clearomizers, I find myself using my carto tanks and RDAs more than anything else.

I love my protank (original one) but that is mostly because its glass and dead simple to fill/rebuild.

I just got some EVODs with a pair of batterys I bought and I like them I really do but most of myjuices are tank crackers so what I can put in them is pretty limited.

ta2dave76

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
Las Vegas
I just got my setup this weekend, an Ovale egoC twist and an Oakley Haka. Picked up a mini protank2, and a ts3. I think the ptw and the ts3 hit about the same. Went to my local vape shop today and got a regular t3. It seems to draw alot tighter I guess you could say.

So for Now I think Im going to stay with the Kanger stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread