Different Nautilus BVC coils floating around..picture included

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMcCraryNJ

Sep 16, 2012
Acworth, GA, USA
Hey all,

So, I've been really happy with my new setup (iStick 50w and 30w, Nautilus and Mini Nautilus). Everything has been working smoothly, but I have a problem with the replacement coils I purchased (and cannot return).

Went to go change out the coil in one of my tanks this evening. Filled the tank up as usual, made sure the air shaft and drip tip were clean, screwed on my new coil, filled the tank, and let it sit and wick up for half an hour. Took some pulls without firing, dropped it to 8w (to "step up" and prime the new coil), and immediately got a nasty burnt hit that I can still taste an hour later. Unscrewed the tank to see what was wrong, and noticed the wicking material was bone dry.

For the longest time, I could not figure out what happened, why it wasn't wicking...until I looked closer. The e-liquid holes on the replacement coil I have are TINY! The coils that came with the tanks have holes that are at least twice, maybe three times the diameter. The holes are so small that my e-liquid will not even enter them to soak the wicking material. I checked the serial number scratch off on Aspire's site and both boxes of replacement coils I have came up as authentic.

I'm displeased. $22 down the drain, now I have to rush and find a dealer who has the "correct" coils. I cannot use these coils whatsoever, and the dealer I purchased from does not accepted returns on atomizers.

tECCuwx.jpg

On the left is the coil that came with the tank (both of my tanks came with this exact same coil, and two replacements that look exactly like it, but I've used them up and am on the new ones). On the right, the coil I purchased in a replacement pack of 5. You can see they look nearly identical, except for the size of the wicking holes. Also, the piece at the bottom seems a bit more flimsy, as you can see in the picture, it's not exactly straight with the rest of the atomizer.

So, can anyone point me to a dealer that has the coils I need? I'm afraid of ordering from somewhere and getting the ones on the right, which are useless and do not soak up any e-liquid whatsoever.

Reactions: Susaz

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
I vape a Nautilus/istick 50w and my wife uses the mini. I notice one other thing about the new coils. The knurling around the top is shorter. The coil may be authentic from aspire but it's not up to spec. I would take the issue to Aspire and reach some satisfaction. If they don't do something in the way of customer satisfaction, it might be time to look into a subtank, delta 2, or equivalent.

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
The coil on the right is the old bvc coil with the ceramic wicking material. You can tell by the size of the wicking holes. I wouldn't suggest using those as there has been a lot of health concerns over the ceramic they used. I would return them where you got hem for a refund or replacement. The new coils on the left are the new occ bvc organic cotton coils. Much much better! I too order all my coils from World of Vapes. Great prices great service fast shipping! Good luck hope this helps!

MMcCraryNJ

Sep 16, 2012
Acworth, GA, USA
Thanks for the help and guidance, everyone. When I was researching the Nautilus, I had no idea there were two authentic BVC heads for these things...I knew that they were likely to release new cotton-based heads for the Atlantis, but heard nothing about them already being available for the Nautilus line. I also knew that there were BDC and BVC coils for the Nautilus, but not two different BVC-type coils out there. Live and learn, and waste money, and learn some more I guess.

StarreLabelle

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2014
Texas, Near Randolph Air Force Base
I've been hearing that the Nautilus coils are off; many people are talking about this. I used to vape with an Aerotank Mini, and the Kanger dual enclosed coils work well. I really like the Subtank Mini, and out of all the tanks I've vaped with over the years it's the best. The factory occ coils are very long lasting, and I can easily go over a week of chain vaping on just one. So I save lots of money, as all the other coils I've used only lasted a couple of days.

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
I smoked at least a pack a day for 20 years. Sometimes more but never less than 20 a day. I thought that would carry over to vaping but I really don't see how my coils last so much longer than everyone I talk to. I get 4 weeks from a 1.6 in my 5ml Nautilus. I'm beginning to think I have a good inhale method or technique. When I figure out how I'm doing it, I'll post it but I'm just happy that mine last so long. :)

Rucerius

Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Jupiter, Fl
Thanks for the help and guidance, everyone. When I was researching the Nautilus, I had no idea there were two authentic BVC heads for these things...I knew that they were likely to release new cotton-based heads for the Atlantis, but heard nothing about them already being available for the Nautilus line. I also knew that there were BDC and BVC coils for the Nautilus, but not two different BVC-type coils out there. Live and learn, and waste money, and learn some more I guess.

The 'new' Nautilus BVC coils have been out for close to two months now, there have been several discussions about them here.

Reactions: drysprocket

Kat Eyez

ECF Veteran
I have given my hubs all of mine with the super big holes. They flood every time I use them! I've noticed the same with my kanger aerotank mega/ protank 3 coils also. They marketed these larger holed coils as an updated coil but I prefer the original kind. My husband likes them & they don't seem to mess up on him. But I'll stick with the original kind [emoji4]

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I vape a Nautilus/istick 50w and my wife uses the mini. I notice one other thing about the new coils. The knurling around the top is shorter. The coil may be authentic from aspire but it's not up to spec. I would take the issue to Aspire and reach some satisfaction. If they don't do something in the way of customer satisfaction, it might be time to look into a subtank, delta 2, or equivalent.
Happened to me... Didn't make contact.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I've been hearing that the Nautilus coils are off; many people are talking about this. I used to vape with an Aerotank Mini, and the Kanger dual enclosed coils work well. I really like the Subtank Mini, and out of all the tanks I've vaped with over the years it's the best. The factory occ coils are very long lasting, and I can easily go over a week of chain vaping on just one. So I save lots of money, as all the other coils I've used only lasted a couple of days.
That's great if you're a subohmer. But most people that use Nautilus don't like subohming at all or the airflow.

Reactions: Iffy

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
They flood every time I use them!

They marketed these larger holed coils as an updated coil but I prefer the original kind. My husband likes them & they don't seem to mess up on him. But I'll stick with the original kind [emoji4]

Being a Nautilus fan since they came out, I've noted four variations with #3 my fav by far:

1 - orig Aspire BCD, best plug & play topper up to that point (IMHO)
2 - Aspire BVC, superior to tha orig BCDs
3 - Aspire BVC with larger wicking holes, even better than #2
4 - Clone Aspire BVCs (FT) dat are comparable with #1 in satisfaction

Kat, gotta ask which air port do ya normally use? Da only time I got flooding was when I over primed da coil upon replacement. At dat point, I just go to da next larger air hole and all is well within a half dozen draws.

BTW, usually use da second smallest air hole fer a lil' vape restriction. I recently have extended da life of da BVC by going to da next larger hole when I detect a 'deterioration' in vape quality. Seems to give me at least 'nother two or three days prior to required replacement.

I normally get at least 10 days outta my BVCs; many times two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread