Atlantis v2 vs. Subtank Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZackM

Feb 23, 2015
New Jersey
Hey guys I'm looking to upgrade from what I have right now which is the atlantis v1. I'm not a huge fan of the atlantis because of the inconsistency with the coils and the loss of flavor after 2 tank full. The atlantis v2 seems nicer with the occ coils and improved airflow, but I'm not sure if its worth the upgrade since I could just get the new 5-pack occ coils for my v1. The subtank mini still has better options with the occ coils and RBA. Also it seems the occ coils for the subtank is easier to rewick which could save me a few dollars.
I'm not sure which one to go with. I'm leaning more toward the subtank, but still not sure. Maybe someone who has either one or knows more about them could help me. I like to have a good amount of clouds while still keeping the flavor.

Or if anyone has a sub-ohm tank they could recommend that they like more than the ones I mentioned that would be good too.

I use an ipv2

Thanks

Thedudeabides870

Account closed on request
May 17, 2015
I see a few subtanks return due to leaking every week. I used the Atlantis v1 for 6 months until 2 weeks ago, and switched to the v2. the newer organic cotton coils provide much better flavor than the old .5 coils. .3 is great if you want to crank up the wattage, however you max out around 4.6ish volts, but the hidden gem is the 1ohm, 45 watts pushes 6.6v and is the best. (The herakles is a monster as well) hope this helps :)

ZackM

Feb 23, 2015
New Jersey
I see a few subtanks return due to leaking every week. I used the Atlantis v1 for 6 months until 2 weeks ago, and switched to the v2. the newer organic cotton coils provide much better flavor than the old .5 coils. .3 is great if you want to crank up the wattage, however you max out around 4.6ish volts, but the hidden gem is the 1ohm, 45 watts pushes 6.6v and is the best. (The herakles is a monster as well) hope this helps :)

The subtanks that were brought in, were those the mini's? Because i thought it was the original subtank that had issues with that. But yea I wasn't sure what to do because I could just get the new atlantis occ coils and use the .5 ohm on my v1.

Thedudeabides870

Account closed on request
May 17, 2015
Not so much as far as vape quality when working properly, just reminds me of old leaky protanks and evods from the past. The Atlantis coils still require a good soak, prime, and slow warmup, but after 5-6 pulls, and the get really good and broken in, i can put out 6 foot clouds should I choose, and the flavor is great. I never have issues or complaints on the Atlantis or Herakles. So at that point it's which is the better option (do you want the maximum wattage? Herakles. Overall combo of vapor/flavor V2. Better coil options V2.)

It really comes down to which fits your budget, and which has easier access to replacement coils for you. The vape/flavor is a subjective thing, I do enjoy both tanks

ZackM

Feb 23, 2015
New Jersey
Not so much as far as vape quality when working properly, just reminds me of old leaky protanks and evods from the past. The Atlantis coils still require a good soak, prime, and slow warmup, but after 5-6 pulls, and the get really good and broken in, i can put out 6 foot clouds should I choose, and the flavor is great. I never have issues or complaints on the Atlantis or Herakles. So at that point it's which is the better option (do you want the maximum wattage? Herakles. Overall combo of vapor/flavor V2. Better coil options V2.)

It really comes down to which fits your budget, and which has easier access to replacement coils for you. The vape/flavor is a subjective thing, I do enjoy both tanks
Thanks I appreciate the input. I heard good things about the herakles but that requires a lot of wattage and i have an ipv2 so it would hardly push it. As for the atlantis I think i'm just going to see if any shops sell singles of the occ coil and test it out. Thats the problem though, the coils are so expensive and hard to rebuild and with the subtank its easy to rewick.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
These newer atlantis coils are tons better then the old versions. No gurgling or spitting, and the longevity of each coil was greatly improved. I was amazed and almost confused at how mucn better they make the v2 coils. Also keep in mind you could also look into Freemax Starre or Hercules sub ohm tanks that are cross compatible with the Atlantis coils. Then I believe a new tank called "Silo Beast" also is compatible with them as well.

ZackM

Feb 23, 2015
New Jersey
These newer atlantis coils are tons better then the old versions. No gurgling or spitting, and the longevity of each coil was greatly improved. I was amazed and almost confused at how mucn better they make the v2 coils. Also keep in mind you could also look into Freemax Starre or Hercules sub ohm tanks that are cross compatible with the Atlantis coils. Then I believe a new tank called "Silo Beast" also is compatible with them as well.
I think i've made my mind up and I'm going to order a set of the atlantis .5 ohm occ coils for my v1 and test it out. Depending on how that goes I'll see if I should get a new tank or not haha. But thats good to know that the herakles and starre are compatible because the atlantis v2 is a bit ugly.

ZackM

Feb 23, 2015
New Jersey
When I run a good clear and non super sweet juice, for example, just changed my coil today after 9x30ml bottles of the same juice, deep blue juice co (Amazing!!!!) but yea you don't need a monster box for atV2 or subtank. Those are the 2 to investigate more I'd say
Theres so many different opinions on them that I think its up to me because the problems I'm having in deciding are all subjective

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
I think i've made my mind up and I'm going to order a set of the atlantis .5 ohm occ coils for my v1 and test it out. Depending on how that goes I'll see if I should get a new tank or not haha. But thats good to know that the herakles and starre are compatible because the atlantis v2 is a bit ugly.
I'm stil using the original V1 with a 5ml tank extension. I really see no need to go to the V2 either. Although there are quite a few tanks that you can slap these coils is a boon imo. Plus the biggest reason I said I was confused was that these are virtually better in everyway and I wasnt expecting that lol.

ZackM

Feb 23, 2015
New Jersey
I'm stil using the original V1 with a 5ml tank extension. I really see no need to go to the V2 either. Although there are quite a few tanks that you can slap these coils is a boon imo. Plus the biggest reason I said I was confused was that these are virtually better in everyway and I wasnt expecting that lol.
Yea I'm going to do that and see if it's good for me. I'm still in a dilemma because of how expensive the atlantis coils are and they're not really around in shops yet. With the subtank they're cheaper and easier to rewick. But I guess theres a tradeoff, you pay more for the quality vs. the subtank mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread