Lung hits at 6mg-12mg or mouth to lung at 30mg - why such big diff. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
Hey all,

I've always vaped a high nic concentration. Probably since I started in somewhat of the early days 6 years ago at least and the equipment sucked so the high nic levels kinda offset the equipment. vape 30mg.

I recently got an atty with a big airhole so I was able to go sub ohm at like
.5ohm at 20-30 watts at my normal 30mg+ nic. Holy .... - it kicked my ...!!! I had to drank a gallon of water after 1 in a half hits.

Do any of you guys notice such a big difference in nicotine amounts when switching vaping styles. When I mouth to lung I only take in maybe a quarter of the actual vapor that's produced- but I use like 30mg+ of nic. But I really like the throat hit the high nic amounts provide.

What are your experiences ? Am I crazy with having to use 30mg+ for my normal mouth to lung vaping style.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: bsidb

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
jesus, 30mg on an RDA, your throat must hate you. I started 24mg in an aerotank, but when I went to RDA's I had to drop down to 12 max. I been lung hitting so long now I dont even know if its possible to mouth to lung,im too used to wide open airflow and its almost impossible for me now to go back to restricted airflow without getting dry hits.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
jesus, 30mg on an RDA, your throat must hate you. I started 24mg in an aerotank, but when I went to RDA's I had to drop down to 12 max. I been lung hitting so long now I dont even know if its possible to mouth to lung,im too used to wide open airflow and its almost impossible for me now to go back to restricted airflow without getting dry hits.
I agree, 30mg is too much in a RDA, least it is for me.
I like 6mg, shown here in the cloud pic using the IPV3/Dark Horse at 65w..
Like you probly, lung hits is all I do these days..lol
b34f6b24692b7c62e986013ee6b2cb60.jpg

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Reactions: flexsr

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
Wow. Damn that's a lot of vapor. I don't know how you guys get any flavor with large airhole that these high wattage Kung inhales need. It seems to kill the flavor for me. . I definitely must be doing something wrong on rda. I only own one rda and one 50 watt device. The majority of my vaping "career" lol I have used a bottom juice feeder and just cranked out some tootie puffing (that's what you guys call it I think-15watt vaping) at high nic levels .

Don't know how you get the flavor at the high wattages. Maybe a b&m will open up around here one of these days and can try some .... out and learn a thing or two.

Reactions: smacksy

RebornLincoln06

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2014
Grapevine, TX
Hey all,

I've always vaped a high nic concentration. Probably since I started in somewhat of the early days 6 years ago at least and the equipment sucked so the high nic levels kinda offset the equipment. Vape 30mg.

.5ohm at 20-30 watts at my normal 30mg+ nic. Holy **** - it kicked my ***!!! I had to drank a gallon of water after 1 in a half hits.

Do any of you guys notice such a big difference in nicotine amounts when switching vaping styles. When I mouth to lung I only take in maybe a quarter of the actual vapor that's produced- but I use like 30mg+ of nic. But I really like the throat hit the high nic amounts provide.

What are your experiences ? Am I crazy with having to use 30mg+ for my normal mouth to lung vaping style.

You aren't crazy at all! With the basic pen styles, it's such a low power mainly because the coils inside are usualy around 2.1 ohms. It's hard for pretty much anyone to really get a sensation off of this equipment unless you're at a high nicotine level, like you are.
With that being said, sub-ohm tanks are a completely different ball game. Less resistance = more heat, more flavor and DEFINITELY more throat hit when it comes to your nicotine. I vape a sub ohm tank at 3mg nic regularly, with 6-8 being my absolute maximum. On pens, I used 18mg. Since you're at around a 30 mg on a pen style, try around an 8-11 mg nicotine level, and possible around a 14 if you can. Experiment with it, see what you enjoy the most.

Let me know how it goes!!

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Wow. Damn that's a lot of vapor. I don't know how you guys get any flavor with large airhole that these high wattage Kung inhales need. It seems to kill the flavor for me. . I definitely must be doing something wrong on rda. I only own one rda and one 50 watt device. The majority of my vaping "career" lol I have used a bottom juice feeder and just cranked out some tootie puffing (that's what you guys call it I think-15watt vaping) at high nic levels .

Don't know how you get the flavor at the high wattages. Maybe a b&m will open up around here one of these days and can try some **** out and learn a thing or two.

A lot has to do with the build.. In the above pic I have a dual coil 24g build at .22 ohms.. (65w)...organic cotton also improves flavor for me..
Airflow is wide open on the Dark Horse..
Another good RDA I like is the Doge..
Both are good for huge vapor/flavor with the right build.. Very enjoyable! Lol

RebornLincoln06

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2014
Grapevine, TX
A lot has to do with the build.. In the above pic I have a dual coil 24g build at .22 ohms.. (65w)...organic cotton also improves flavor for me..
Airflow is wide open on the Dark Horse..
Another good RDA I like is the Doge..
Both are good for huge vapor/flavor with the right build.. Very enjoyable! Lol

Someone knows their RDA's. Have you tried the Hellboy or the Mutation X V4 yet?

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
I said the same thing about my Dark Horse. You might be sincerely surprised :D
I might but I'm happy where I'm at right now.. Made the move from mechs to high powered box mods recently. That said I like the Starre, Herkakes and Arctic subtanks..
Almost same vapor production as dripping but with a tank..lol
But I still like blowing clouds once in a while so I keep the dark horse on one of my IPV3's always at the ready for when I'm in the mood for blowing some serious clouds..[emoji41]
995154959892d461c94b8ea6f01a7f50.jpg

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hey all,

I've always vaped a high nic concentration. Probably since I started in somewhat of the early days 6 years ago at least and the equipment sucked so the high nic levels kinda offset the equipment. Vape 30mg.

.5ohm at 20-30 watts at my normal 30mg+ nic. Holy **** - it kicked my ***!!! I had to drank a gallon of water after 1 in a half hits.

WATTAGE.

Rule of thumb: if you double the wattage, you will need to half the nicotine milligram strength.

If you were vaping 30mg at 5 watts, that's 150 milligramwatts.
If you are vaping at 30 watts now, then you will need to use 5mg nic approx.

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
Very interesting. Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. Never heard or seen that comparison before @edyle. That's almost exact what I comfortable with using that rule of thumb. Neat !

Man - I really don't own a good Rda at all. Maybe it's time to delve in. Like I said I use a bottom feeder 100 percent of time for convenience. Maybe some dripping and dual coil subohm with some premium juice will do a brotha some good. So much trouble getting flavor with these hot builds or if to many airhole sites get cold loose thin vapor w no flavor as well. Definitely doing something wrong. Will have to study up!!!

-SR

Reactions: smacksy

Starlyte2

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2012
Carcassonne, France
I have a CONSTANT problem with deciding on my vape gear, in between suitability, price and the thing actually working as it should, OMG it's just one... big... HASSLE!
:LOL

For the moment I'm happy though, for once, with a cloupor mini, and a mini subtank that no longer leaks, so maybe I should just shut up and be happy :D

But, as a shinyitis sufferer, and being prevoyant, with the new laws they're going to bring in here next year, I'm always on the look out for the "perfect" PV... if such an item exists ;)

And, after a slight problem with my cloupor, I was so happy that I had Mechanical mods that ALWAYS work, an essential life saver, and I carry one with me now, along with a spare battery and juice of course...

Life was so easy, thinking back to my vape start up, when I knew only cartos and egos... but much less fun, let alone the lousy tastes, batteries running out every half hour, and those cartos, yukky! Nah, vaping's a super hobby, that's now developing at a crazy rate, and shinyitis is miles better than a lousy packet of stinky ciggies!

And as I DIY my juice too, that's another hobby that's really absorbing, with all the new flavors around (it's a flooded market almost!). Much more fun than smoking ever was!

I'm happy :D !!! Whoopiiii ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleMike

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Very interesting. Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. Never heard or seen that comparison before @edyle. That's almost exact what I comfortable with using that rule of thumb. Neat !

Man - I really don't own a good Rda at all. Maybe it's time to delve in. Like I said I use a bottom feeder 100 percent of time for convenience. Maybe some dripping and dual coil subohm with some premium juice will do a brotha some good. So much trouble getting flavor with these hot builds or if to many airhole sites get cold loose thin vapor w no flavor as well. Definitely doing something wrong. Will have to study up!!!

-SR

If you really want to try that just slap an Odin on that BF and go to town. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread