The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Mouth to lung hit using temp control

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Pete91, Oct 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Pete91

Pete91 Senior Member

Sep 6, 2015
    I've recently been getting into temp control. And would like something to give me a better mouth to lung hit than I've been getting. I liked the hit/restriction I got off of the 1.5 ohm occ coil for my subtank mini. But I'd like to build the coil. I've made some really nice straight lung builds but haven't found anything that works as well as the original 1.5 ohm occ coil for mouth to lung. I've even tried a vertical coil (2.5mm 6 wraps) it works great for lung hits. (I'm pretty sure the 1.5 ohm occ coil is a 2mm coil but I can't find a screw that size to make my coil.) But using temp control it doesn't give me what I'm looking for. Has anyone built anything close to the 1.5 ohm occ coil? Or should I just give up on trying to use temp control for mouth to lung hits?

2. 93gc40

93gc40 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2014
    California
    For MTL, you seem to be concentrating on your coil ohm and mod. When you should be looking at the ATOMIZER itself. A big airy atomizer may NEVER be suitable for good MTL regardless the mod or coil or how tight you run the AFC. You might try an atty with less air volume, the AFC just reduces the FLOW.

• Like Like x 1
  3. IMFire3605

IMFire3605 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 3, 2013
    Peoria, Arizona, US
    I've tinkered with an older Protank1 coil head and built an Ni200 TC coil for it, not a bad vape down around lowest TC setting, think I set mine for 10watts and 150C or so. So like @93gc40 stated, that Subtank though can do MTL in a pinch, it is more designed for direct to lung.

4. Pete91

Pete91 Senior Member

Sep 6, 2015
    When I was using the original occ coil. I didn't mind the hit I got from the 1.5 ohm occ coil. But your right by saying it's made for direct to lung. It's not a very tight draw even with the smallest air hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Pete91

Pete91 Senior Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Is there a specific MTL atty you'd recommend?

6. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    I'm vaping my Erlkonigin and Ataman 2 with ti coils. Those are definitely m2l attys, especially the Ataman.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 93gc40

93gc40 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2014
    California
    The protanks and Nautilus are great for MTL, but not so easy to rebuild. NON Sub-ohm Clearomisers in general are good MTL atties.
    In a rebuildable????? The Kayfuns are good MTL atties, especially the ones with AFC. There are many Kayfun like atties out there I have Kayfuns. That SAT22 Geni is a good MTL atty.
    For what to look for.... Well if the review state the atty has BAD airflow.. Then it will likely be a good MTL atty. If the Atty is reviewed as a flavor atty, it will probably also be a good MTL atty. If the atty is reviewed as a POOR cloud maker, it is also probably a good MTL atty. If the atty is reveiwed as having a big spacious easy access deck, it probably more suited to LTL than MTL. If the atty is intended for SUBohm and high power, it will suit LTL more than MTL.

• Like Like x 1
  8. roxynoodle

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    I have quite a few, but all rebuildables. Some may not be as good for tc though, or may be better for ti than ni200. RTAs tend to have small decks and ni200 coils are large.

Any of these should work well with ti, aside from the 2 I already mentioned:

EHPro Mini Buddha
    Taifun GS2
    HCigar HC Plus
    Kayfun Lite. The k 4 may require replacing the spring with the Steam Tuners shim.
    Phenomenon Lite
    Eviva-t
    Le Magister
    Goblin Mini
    Rose v2

I would probably avoid the Lemos, Taifun GT2 and eXpromizer. Some are having success with those and some aren't.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Pete91

Pete91 Senior Member

Sep 6, 2015
    I'll have to look into those. Yay more research haha

10. dwroblewski

dwroblewski Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2014
    Omaha, NE
    Squape and Kayfun 4 are great options... easy to build and both have great flavor!

11. Pete91

Pete91 Senior Member

Sep 6, 2015
    I still haven't been able to make a decision. I've been looking at all the suggestions from roxynoodle and a lot of the YouTube videos I've looked at are not in English. Also, is there anything on the market that is even close the the rba section on the subtank. Most others seem awkward or much harder to build on?

12. roxynoodle

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    How about a Prometey? I see no reason it wouldn't work well for tc, and is about as easy to build and use as it gets.

13. Hans Wermhat

Hans Wermhat Vaping Master

Jun 9, 2015
    Texas
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sub tank RBA and a Kayfun Light+. Pretty similar. Only difference is you have to wrap the wire around the screw on the KFL instead of just trapping it. Most single coil RBA's made until very recently are built on the same design. The KFL has a much tighter draw though as it was designed for MTL vaping.

14. dhood

dhood Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2014
    Georgia
    I have a bunch of Kayfun v4s and I've tried titanium coils on one. I think it was 26 gauge, 7 or 8 wraps on 3mm, came out to .33 ohms. Worked great.

15. Pete91

Pete91 Senior Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Does the kfl plus need to have the spring removed. I don't know exactly what that is or how to do it. But I've been reading that the kayfu now doesn't work with temp control unless you tweet it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.