A comment and question on juice taste tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I don't pay much attention to taste testers since taste is so subjective regardless of setup or power. They will say they taste the essence of unicorn tears and all I taste is sweaty feet.....

Yes there is THAT aspect as well. Most of them seem to like all the juices they taste. A few are more honest about it. Suck my Mod seems to not be as loving of all juices as most of them.

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
Yes there is THAT aspect as well. Most of them seem to like all the juices they taste. A few are more honest about it. Suck my Mod seems to not be as loving of all juices as most of them.
I have always had a sneaky suspicion that a lot (but not all) of the testers will say nice things regardless of taste since they are getting the juice from the manufacturer for free and don't want to turn off the free juice train.....

Reactions: DanJiblets

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I have always had a sneaky suspicion that a lot (but not all) of the testers will say nice things regardless of taste since they are getting the juice from the manufacturer for free and don't want to turn off the free juice train.....
Yep same on the free hardware to test. How many did not like a new subohm tank?

Reactions: bones1274

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I have a friend who was a fairly well known tester, before becoming a commercial vendor himself. His background is being a trained master chef. As for reviewing juice, some he paid for himself, and obviously, some were provided for him, free of charge. His focus was not just simply whether he liked the flavor or not, but the accuracy of the flavors, as it related to the description of the juice, provided by the maker. He would evaluate the juice using various devices, such as dripping atomizers, tanks, RDAs, etc.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
I'm no tester but have tried several juices on low watt mods and subohm mods, for me the taste was always more pronounced on the latter. But to answer your question, if I were a tester and making reviews to recommend juices to others I would say yes I would. Because not everyone vapes the same setup and something that may rock out on a subohm setup may not do so at lower watts and vice versa.

Anyone who reviews anything to get others to buy something with their hard earned $$ should do so when tested against multiple variables.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
I pretty much disregard juice reviews now. I spent a year or so buying everything that had a good review and was disappointed with around 65% of them. There are too many variables.
A good reviewer will generally stick to one type of delivery device to test flavours so there is a level playing field. Even so flavours are so subjective that you can only get a general idea of yumminess.
I tried Njoy Samba Sun and thought it was one of the best flavours i had tasted for ages. Two of my friends who tried it in similar devices thought it was 'ok, but not for me'. They were both wrong !

Reactions: dhood

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
I've started ordering my juice samples in 6mg so I can test them in my Magma. I set mine up with a single coil and when I use the smallest hole I can test it in mouth to lung mode. If I open up to the widest, I can test it in direct lung mode. That way I know which way it tastes better to me. I do that with my test DIY stuff as well. Most of my tanks are Kayfuns so usually I like mouth to lung. However, I won a bottle of Certified Juice Co's 5150 (orange creamcicle) recently and although I usually like my Subtank juices around 17.5 watts, I couldn't taste the orange in this until I got it over 20 watts. So, yes. Juices taste different at various power settings. You just have to find the one that works for your setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread