Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have noticed the Same thing with a Few of my e-Liquids.

They Taste Fantastic when I am hitting on the Normally. But after a Night of sitting on the Desk, the first couple of Hits seem Harsh.

Thought Maybe it has to do with the Wick Drying Out Slightly? Even Toyed with the Idea of Flavor Separation (which Doesn't seem all that viable)?

So yeah... I don't think it is that Unusual.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Yeah I've had this happen even with my RDA's. A lot of times the first hit, if the wicks have been soaking in e-liquid, will either pop or crackle, and ultimately be a little harsher than subsequent hits after it. Happens worse in the cold. Maybe has to do with the initial jump in temperature when your wicks first get warmed up?

You might be able to try blowing out some of that initial vapor, but other than that its grown to be something I just deal with.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
I don't think that feeling is specific to the sub tank, but all atomizers. If you leave the atomizer sitting for sometime or overnight the temperature is brought back down and the coil will more than likely be fully saturated since it had the time to soak. The combination of heating up a cold coil that is full of liquid can make the first vape seem harsh. Maybe it's me, but I feel like it's inhaling partially vaporized liquid. To avoid this I usually give it a few fires to heat it up, sometimes quickly inhaling and exhaling through the drip tip to move the air around.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I don't think that feeling is specific to the sub tank, but all atomizers. If you leave the atomizer sitting for sometime or overnight the temperature is brought back down and the coil will more than likely be fully saturated since it had the time to soak. The combination of heating up a cold coil that is full of liquid can make the first vape seem harsh. Maybe it's me, but I feel like it's inhaling partially vaporized liquid. To avoid this I usually give it a few fires to heat it up, sometimes quickly inhaling and exhaling through the drip tip to move the air around.

I think you are on to Something.

Because of this Thread, and in the Interest of Science, I just Switched Tanks. Same e-Liquid. Same Build. Same Mod.

The first couple of hits were a Tad Harsh. Then as it evened out, I felt the tank and it feels a Tad Warmer then say Body Temperature.

Everything now is Hitting the Same. So maybe Temperature is Playing a Role in all this.

From the symptoms you describe, it's more likely your tank is starting off dry/badly wicked. The cough is your body's reaction to aldehydes due to scorching of the wicking. Not exactly healthy. Try shaking your clearo before you begin vaping for the day and after making sure it's well filled. Failing that, increase the PG to VG ratio of your juice mix. VG is usually responsible for insufficient wicking between puffs resulting in too many dry hits (and coughing). For my Nautilus, I've found 60-40 PG/VG to give the ideal vape, with copious vapor, good taste and the absolute minimum of scorching. YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread