hanging a black flag for Nova Scotia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
Well today I went to the local B&M and a sign was posted upon the door ""As of May 31st -sorry for the inconvenience but you will need to be 19 to enter and there will be no vaping permitted inside the store" with a little more info posted on the door regarding email your MLA (a complete waste of energy in my opinion - however I shall go ahead and waste it) and we are working hard to rectify this.

When I spoke to the young lady saying how foolish it was she replied -"yes but we will find a way around it perhaps a membership fee to vape in the back room " etc I replied "oh" (and thought how slippery are the forces of darkness) We then discussed not being able to taste juice prior to purchase and she so sweetly gave me the party line "true but you can't sample orange juice in a store or cigarettes before you buy"

The young woman was young of course - too young to know how insidiously and deviously tobacco control elements have worked. I believe she was also a partial owner and I suspect she was relieved that the place wasn't closed down completely -so she was buying into the rationale because she really had no choice -sad.

My heart went out to her and to the whole sorry state of affairs. Nova Scotia has fallen!!

Tmg666

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2014
Green bay, Wisconsin
Can people walk outside to sample juice? A fenced patio would solve that problem.
Rooftop juice tasting! Fight off the birds to get the last of the vanilla custard ejuice.
That would be a great idea for warmer weather, outside fenced in lounge area to just sit back and sample flavors.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
Can people walk outside to sample juice? A fenced patio would solve that problem.

Not in Nova Scotia it wouldn't, well at least for 9 months out of the year.

What about sampling zero nic, can there be a law against vaping zero nic in a public place? What would the argument be then?

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
A small overhang would take care of rain. Winter, well, how many of us stood out in the cold to smoke?
oh dear roxynoodle I hear you and I know you mean well however I was there when they moved the ash tray out of the nursing station and the hospital room, to the cafeteria, then to special smoke rooms. then to the side walk it couldn't be stopped, did not stop even when you had to take elderly fishermen outdoors trailing their IV poles- and this is the beginning of the end sad

Reactions: DC2

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Well today I went to the local B&M and a sign was posted upon the door ""As of May 31st -sorry for the inconvenience but you will need to be 19 to enter and there will be no vaping permitted inside the store" with a little more info posted on the door regarding email your MLA (a complete waste of energy in my opinion - however I shall go ahead and waste it) and we are working hard to rectify this.

When I spoke to the young lady saying how foolish it was she replied -"yes but we will find a way around it perhaps a membership fee to vape in the back room " etc I replied "oh" (and thought how slippery are the forces of darkness) We then discussed not being able to taste juice prior to purchase and she so sweetly gave me the party line "true but you can't sample orange juice in a store or cigarettes before you buy"

The young woman was young of course - too young to know how insidiously and deviously tobacco control elements have worked. I believe she was also a partial owner and I suspect she was relieved that the place wasn't closed down completely -so she was buying into the rationale because she really had no choice -sad.

My heart went out to her and to the whole sorry state of affairs. Nova Scotia has fallen!!

I hear ya Caro and Ontario is next. The juice thing doesn't bother me because I make own and know what I like, but it will make it a bit harder for new vapers than it has been lately. When I started vaping I bought juice online and I couldn't sample them either. It is a slippery slope though.

I like the idea of membership if that will work legally. Another thought is to sell small 'taster' bottles of juice. If you buy 10,000 bottles they should be pennies each. The filling process would have to be worked out, but it can be done.

Best of luck with it all :thumb:

Reactions: Caro123

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Just make it a private club at certain hours. That's what a local place did here. After 10:00 it became a private club, and then you could smoke to your hearts content. The walk in humidor was just a bonus.

I should add this is the US so not sure how it compares to NS. They don;t charge a fee either. There fees to pay the state for a private club where more than paid back in beer/alcohol sales.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
There are usually a few battles lost in the course of winning a war.

And we are losing a lot of them here in CA... :(

(I am assuming your Ca. stands for California, not Canada... since I don't believe they have any desserts in the latter... lol)

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
And we are losing a lot of them here in CA... :(

(I am assuming your Ca. stands for California, not Canada... since I don't believe they have any desserts in the latter... lol)

Ya, Im in Cali, land of fruits and nuts. But I`m way inland, one of the most conservative area`s in the states. We`re just waiting on the BIG ONE, and then we`ll have beach front property that will be worth a fortune, LOL.

I really like the idea of the Vape Speak Easy. Worked for alcohol and the other stuff. Let um arrest all of us, for vaping. LOL.

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
Not in Nova Scotia it wouldn't, well at least for 9 months out of the year.

What about sampling zero nic, can there be a law against vaping zero nic in a public place? What would the argument be then?
That is a good idea. Look at smoke machines at concerts. Things are billowing tons of the stuff publicly all the time. No one has ever complained about that. Mind you that wasn't costing the government money....

Reactions: Caro123

spacekitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA

spacekitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Ya, Im in Cali, land of fruits and nuts. But I`m way inland, one of the most conservative area`s in the states. We`re just waiting on the BIG ONE, and then we`ll have beach front property that will be worth a fortune, LOL.

I live on the Coast, so I guess I'll be tying up my boat in your front yard... :facepalm: LOL!!

I really like the idea of the Vape Speak Easy. Worked for alcohol and the other stuff. Let um arrest all of us, for vaping. LOL.

Here is a poster I made a while back, just for fun... little did I know how true it might become!!

Outlawed-done_X.jpg%7Eoriginal

(those are actual Mods that a vendor used to sell...)​

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
Just make it a private club at certain hours. That's what a local place did here. After 10:00 it became a private club, and then you could smoke to your hearts content. The walk in humidor was just a bonus.

I should add this is the US so not sure how it compares to NS. They don;t charge a fee either. There fees to pay the state for a private club where more than paid back in beer/alcohol sales.
yes but what about old folks, teens etc, what happened here was insidious took about 15 years and was foolishness piled on top of foolishness until you had vets who couldn't even go to the legion and smoke inside. Canada has a strong vested interest in BP with our generic drug thing (lots of Americans try to get cheaper pharmaceuticals from Canada etc) Nova Scotia is kind of like Maine less than a million people with about a third living in our only major city - Halifax. my concern is that it is taking the step of demonizing vaping which opens wide the door for taxation which then opens the door for smuggling (as it did with cigarettes) I guess it keeps everyone running around on the wheel but it is unfortunate

jchisholm

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2014
Nova Scotia

Was this our friends on Kempt Rd. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread