Carto Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bman1977

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2014
New Jersey
:smokie:I know I'm probably 5 years behind here but i've just recently started to use cartos with tanks and I'm really digging the vape I get out of them. I'm normslly a tank user(Kangers mostly). I got some Boge cartos and a couple of their F-16 tanks. There's something really satisfying about the way they hit. Anyone else still using this ancient technology?

Reactions: Asbestos4004

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Sure, many of us are. I use Boge also, in a Momnpop carto tank.

Tanks - Mom and Pop Vapor Shop
    tanks.jpg

Cartos just work so there aren't many posts about new versions or how to stop burning/dryhits/gurgling issues.

Boge has newer versions for heavy VG use and even Ni200 for Temp Control.

Reactions: Rocketpunk

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    :smokie:I know I'm probably 5 years behind here but i've just recently started to use cartos with tanks and I'm really digging the vape I get out of them. I'm normslly a tank user(Kangers mostly). I got some Boge cartos and a couple of their F-16 tanks. There's something really satisfying about the way they hit. Anyone else still using this ancient technology?

Didn't you know that carto tanks are now the "latest & greatest" ........... again

All of my carto tanks are over 4 years old, so what's to post about them?
    BUT, that's their downfall. How is a vendor going to stay in business if no one needs to replace their tanks?

bman1977

ECF Veteran
    Jun 3, 2014
    New Jersey
    Didn't you know that carto tanks are now the "latest & greatest" ........... again

All of my carto tanks are over 4 years old, so what's to post about them?
    BUT, that's their downfall. How is a vendor going to stay in business if no one needs to replace their tanks?

Yeah. I guess thats true. I'm using the Boge xl LR cartos right now. What the average life span of one these things?

bman1977

ECF Veteran
    Jun 3, 2014
    New Jersey
    Sure, many of us are. I use Boge also, in a Momnpop carto tank.

Tanks - Mom and Pop Vapor Shop
    View attachment 461128

Cartos just work so there aren't many posts about new versions or how to stop burning/dryhits/gurgling issues.

Boge has newer versions for heavy VG use and even Ni200 for Temp Control.

Any link for the heavy VG use cartos? I'd like to vape Boba's Bounty and those would probably be good for that syrup.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes

Susan~S

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 12, 2014
    Mpls/St.Paul, MN

ckquatt

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    Any link for the heavy VG use cartos? I'd like to vape Boba's Bounty and those would probably be good for that syrup.
    I still use cartotanks daily! I love the vape I get and they are the easiest "Fill and Go" set up I have. Like was said before: You don't hear much about them because there is no reason to "Upgrade the wheel" so to speak. They just work and they work very well! No muss, no fuss, no frills, just a great vape!

Go to Lowes and grab a Saddle Valve from the refrigerator plumbing section. It's got a super sharp point on it that will widen out existing holes perfectly! I used to vape Boba's in mine daily and widening out both holes made it wick flawlessly!

Shop Watts 1/4-in Brass Compression In-Line Straight Valve at Lowes.com

Last edited:

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 14, 2012
    Dayton, Ohio

I was a member of the Cult of Carto for almost three years. They are a bit outdated, but they're still around because they simply work, and they taste great compared to most normal clearomizers. When the Atlantis came out, I switched to those, but I still have my collection of IBTanks. They're beautiful in their simplicity. My opinion, as far as flavors go: normal tank>carto>sub ohm tank>RDAs. The cartomizer is wonderfully straddled in the middle.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    might have to break out one of my carto tanks and give it a try. used to carry 7 IBtanks with me every day for 1 1/2 years or more, with my ProVari...thats good stuff right there..Think I have a carto some place around here....

I know those Smok shorties worked well with Reos- and still available.

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2013
    Houston, Tx
    Hope I don't get hate mail, but ... Ya know how some of the posts on ECF are things like "If cigarettes were cheaper would you still be smoking?" Or "do you think you would go back to smoking?" Or "I wouldn't ever smoke again due to the nasty smell, etc... ". Heck no is always my standard answer, cuz I will never smoke again...

But... The only thing that would send me back to smoking (nearly 2 years off the stinkies) would be "Only allowed to vape using cartos". Yep, it would send me back to the dark side for real ! And I used Carto tanks for about 6 months during 2014. For nostalgia sake I cranked one up a couple months ago. Was debating on what to do with a few tanks I have laying around.

But, I sure liked them for about 4 of those 6 months in 2014 :). They were great!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread