Subtank @ 13 W .9 Ω - what's your setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcoolbp

ECF Veteran
I am running my Kanger Subtank mini rba deck on .9 ohm (spaced 4 wrap 28awg IIRC) at 13 watts and it is cloudy and flavorful. The OCCs were fine but I prefer the rba I think (even though I'm still a bit of a build novice). Many others seem to run it at 25+ watts and lower resistance. I had it at .5 Ω and ~19 watts was good, had dry hits above 23 watts. Now have dry hits above 15 watts at .9 Ω. I'm still playing around, but this current build/wattage is working awesome.

Other important factors:
  • Tobacco and vanilla DIY juice
  • 4mg
  • 50/50 PG/VG
  • Organic cotton, standard wick
  • Only had Subtank for 3 weeks
  • Coming from BCC clearos
  • Been vaping for 6 years
  • Used to be mouth-to-lung, doing a lot of direct lung but still switching back sometimes
What's your style with the Subtank? How are you running it? What's your wick-style? Dry hits? Wattage? Ω?

Signmaker

Oct 26, 2014
Berks, Pennsy, 'Murrica
My standard ST build is 0.8ohm out of 26ga on a bludriver, normally firing 25w but can put it up to 35w for good lung hits. OCC rebuilds are falling around 0.7-0.8 using a slightly bigger drill bit to match the wick holes. Fires around the same.

If you're getting dry hits on the RBA, remember to keep your juice weep holes clear. Like really clear. I try to keep a solid 1mm gap. As long as the end of your wick is touching the deck from post to post, it wont flood.

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
Currently rocking a .7 on my Subtank Plus at 22 watts. I prefer the cooler vapor. On build day it was a .6 but that was 2 weeks ago. I have mid to low air and use a 75% diy strawberry custard. Hot custards don't appeal to me as I want to think of my vape like a bowl pulled out of the fridge. The greatest tank innovation for me would be one that produces tons of flavor and vapor and cools it at the same time. A box mod with A/C control. lol

Reactions: kd705

mrcoolbp

ECF Veteran
My standard ST build is 0.8ohm out of 26ga on a bludriver, normally firing 25w but can put it up to 35w for good lung hits...

If you're getting dry hits on the RBA, remember to keep your juice weep holes clear. Like really clear. I try to keep a solid 1mm gap. As long as the end of your wick is touching the deck from post to post, it wont flood.

Thanks, I will play with it more!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
2 30mm veritas single coil 30 gauge, about 2.6 ohm
1 30mm veritas single coil 28 gauge, about 1.3 ohm
heavytaste modtank with 30 gauge single coil, 2.6 ohm, with my 24mg - this week it's halo Malibu
all at about 10-15 watts

and today also have an aris deck with a manta topcap with dual 30 gauge 1.2 ohm running on stacked 18350's; got the taste of my 22mm magma but with better airflow, and leak resistant

mrcoolbp

ECF Veteran
2 30mm veritas single coil 30 gauge, about 2.6 ohm
1 30mm veritas single coil 28 gauge, about 1.3 ohm
heavytaste modtank with 30 gauge single coil, 2.6 ohm, with my 24mg - this week it's halo Malibu
all at about 10-15 watts

and today also have an aris deck with a manta topcap with dual 30 gauge 1.2 ohm running on stacked 18350's; got the taste of my 22mm magma but with better airflow, and leak resistant
Clearly you are not in the sub-ohm craze and have me curios. Have you gone "low" and like higher resistance better? I plan on trying a 1.5 ohm build next anyway just to test the waters, I've 'only just begun' (coming from clearos!)!

Are we having fun yet? Who's next?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Clearly you are not in the sub-ohm craze and have me curios. Have you gone "low" and like higher resistance better? I plan on trying a 1.5 ohm build next anyway just to test the waters, I've 'only just begun' (coming from clearos!)!

Are we having fun yet? Who's next?

actually I've never gone below 1 ohm, but I have and would use 12 volts.

Maybe by next years we will see mods looking like this
1381306-5.jpg

with 3 batteries in series running 12 volts input and 4 to 16 volts vv/vw output

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Beside me on the nightstand:

In the Subtank Mini:
Using Two Nichrome 28 gauge wires wrapped in parallelI, forget the # of wraps now, ID @ 3.0, .8 ohm on the factory OCC head which I drilled out the juice holes to 3mm. Got the perfect wicking right now IMO using JOC sheets cut to size. No spitback due to flooding or over wick running 25 Watts chain vaping. 30 watts will allow 3 or so nice draws before tasting dry. Just can't chain vape at 30 watts. I am using the kbox so can't test between 25 & 30. But sweet spot would be in the crack (middle).

In the orchid v6 RTA:
Using Kanthal 27 gauge wires I have dual coils wrapped 7/6 times each with an ID @ 2.4 mm, .55 ohm. Wicked with a piece of an every day, 100% cotton ball from food lion. Flavor is just amazing too. This orchid clone is a bear to build on. This is the first good build I've been able to manage so far. The deck is teeny tiny and the wicking is a challenge to do well. It has either not wicked well and provided some nasty dry hits or has leaked though the airholes so bad I've wasted half a tank of juice. Let's just say less is less wick seems to be the solution.

Is it a bad thing if the only pages up in safari on my iphone are the ohms law calculator, the coil wrapping calculator and E-Cig Forum? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread