Questions about sub ohm tanks and VW batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailorneptune01

May 23, 2015
Hey guys, I currently use a lot of different hardware. Some of my favourites are the Aspire Atlantis Mega paired with the CF MAXX battery, and the Kanger Subtank Mini paired with the eleaf-istick 4400mah 50w.

Was wondering, if I wanted to go a step above, what should I try next, for a new setup? I really enjoy using sub ohm atomizer tanks but I usually use around 1.0 ohm coils, that's just what I prefer. Battery life is extremely important to me. I'd prefer something that is 3000mah or higher. I also don't really like Innokin.

Let me know!

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Uh oh! Lol have had horrible experiences with joyetech products... I may have to pass on that. Sorry.
C'mon now! Don't be so quick to write off whole companies lol. Lots of people have had great luck with innokin btw, and a lot of people have had problems with their isticks. It's really just luck of the draw.

sailorneptune01

May 23, 2015
C'mon now! Don't be so quick to write off whole companies lol. Lots of people have had great luck with innokin btw, and a lot of people have had problems with their isticks. It's really just luck of the draw.

It is, you're right. I'm almost wondering if there's a company or product that's known for impeccable quality. So far I've had no problems with any of my Aspire stuff. What do you think? :)

Robert Dean

May 10, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
It is, you're right. I'm almost wondering if there's a company or product that's known for impeccable quality. So far I've had no problems with any of my Aspire stuff. What do you think? :)
KangerTech. Every thing I've ever owned from KangerTech has been top notch. Aspire as well. And Sigelei, however they don't make any attys to my knowledge.

But, as for the OQ, you could go to an RDA or RTA, and build your own coils to fit your style, maybe pair it with a good mech or high wattage mod? If money is no object then you could get the setup I'm going for next, wich is a ReosMods Reo Grand and the Velocity RDA. It eliminates the dripping from RDA's through a bottle in the device that you squeeze to wet the cotton in your Atty!

Reactions: DanJiblets

sailorneptune01

May 23, 2015
KangerTech. Every thing I've ever owned from KangerTech has been top notch. Aspire as well. And Sigelei, however they don't make any attys to my knowledge.

But, as for the OQ, you could go to an RDA or RTA, and build your own coils to fit your style, maybe pair it with a good mech or high wattage mod? If money is no object then you could get the setup I'm going for next, wich is a ReosMods Reo Grand and the Velocity RDA. It eliminates the dripping from RDA's through a bottle in the device that you squeeze to wet the cotton in your Atty!

I do like KangerTech and Aspire, have not tried Sigelei stuff yet.

The rest of the stuff you're talking about sounds a little too advanced for me at this point in time (as I know nothing about building coils.) Lol. Thanks a bunch for your input!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm almost wondering if there's a company or product that's known for impeccable quality.
proxy.php
miniprovari-jpg.454519

Mini Provari 2.5

Why Provari?

Haters gonna hate? :evil:

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I think its time we prod you into rebuildables

As per the question, outside the common stuff there is gear of impeccable quality, almost none of it made in china
-but-
Your going to pay for it.

And this is what keeps it uncommon

There is a whole nother level of gear out there you almost never hear about or see here. Cause the average sentiment is " I can't see spending that on a battery holder" some of us accept that cost because we want out s##t to work flawlessly and be built to a higher standard.

While not the most advanced piece of kit anymore the provari bad posted is one such item, dam near indestructible with the best customer service in the business.

On the other hand The Dani is cutting edge * 40 watt, TC, 2 year warranty, built like an abrams tank for a bit more money.

Last edited:

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
I was like you, worried that RTA's were above my head. Then I bought a Nautilus shortly after that came out. I was not impressed by the hyper hype about the nautilus. I had Protanks that performed better. So, I broke down and ordered a couple of Kayfun 3.1 clones from FT, a couple of spools of Kanthal A1 from Temco, stole a few sterile cotton balls from my wife's makeup stuff, and built my first RTA. I gave the Naut's to my BIL and SIL.
A year later, I have a total of 8 KF and haven't touched factory built tanks in months.
There are dozens of videos online and lots of coaching right here. The only thing stopping you is you.:2c:

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
If you want impeccable quality, you'll definitely pay for it. I've had good luck with my kanger tanks, and have been impressed with their subtank line. Their mods seem to be really nice, especially for the money. Like Baditude said though, if you want to have really nice quality, Provari is the way to go. The only downside is lower wattage, but you can deal with that.

itskohler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Aventura, FL
Well played, Sir. I'm alright thought. Hahahahahahaha

Any who, if the size ins't an issue, you want something with dual batteries for longevity. Also, if you drop below 1 ohm and drop your power accordingly, you will get the same vape with less power. I use an IPV4 as my daily driver, and it goes strong from 5am to 10pm, with power to spare. And thats with a .4ohm coil running at 60 watts.

sailorneptune01

May 23, 2015
I think its time we prod you into rebuildables

As per the question, outside the common stuff there is gear of impeccable quality, almost none of it made in china
-but-
Your going to pay for it.

And this is what keeps it uncommon

There is a whole nother level of gear out there you almost never hear about or see here. Cause the average sentiment is " I can't see spending that on a battery holder" some of us accept that cost because we want out s##t to work flawlessly and be built to a higher standard.

While not the most advanced piece of kit anymore the provari bad posted is one such item, dam near indestructible with the best customer service in the business.

On the other hand The Dani is cutting edge * 40 watt, TC, 2 year warranty, built like an abrams tank for a bit more money.

Sounds like I need to look into these. I'm quickly getting sick of hardware that's just as good as garbage sometimes.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Sounds like I need to look into these. I'm quickly getting sick of hardware that's just as good as garbage sometimes.
I was once in your position. I once loved using cartotanks exclusively for over two years, but was sometimes frustrated with the quality of the factory-made cartos which they used.

Once I became comfortable making my own wicks & coils, I use them exclusively now. Now if my vape sucks I have no one to blame but myself; I'm no longer dependent upon the inconsistent quality of factory made stuff.

There's a lot to learn, but once you have the knowledge and learn the simple skills, rebuildables are the way to go. It's considerably cheaper on your budget. Wire and cotton are dirt cheap compared to replaceable coil heads or cartomizers. Coils can literally last months at a time; I've had them last up to 6 months, simply dry burning them (without the wick) between wick changes.

Information Resources for Your First RBA

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Another vote for rebuildables, whether its a tank or a dripper. I started off with a Kanger Evod kit and after a couple weeks decided to try rebuilding the coils in the heads after running across the gigantic thread on here. It seemed a little daunting but once I did it, it turned out I nailed it on my first try just about perfectly. Those things are a pain to build on with the tight space in there but once I had it down I said screw it and bought my first Kayfun Lite. It just got easier. Im all about drippers now, but some of those could be a little tough for your first go at it since some of them require some very picky coil placement (ive just barely gotten able to bend my coils right to get them centered in my Derringer and Bonsai THAT was tough). You can get a 100' spool of Kanthal wire cheaper than any pack of prebuilt coils (depending on what gauge you use between $4-8) and as long as you keep it maintained a single coil can last MONTHS, and 100' of wire will last you for ages. Throw in a $2 bag of cotton balls from Walmart, or a $2 ball of plain white cotton yarn from Michaels or Joanns and youre set. I prefer the cotton yarn because its diameter happens to slide perfectly into the 2mm coils I build, but a single properly unrolled cotton ball will give you quite a few individual wicks. Depending on how often you change the wick, a single bag would probably last a couple of years. Drop $10-20 on a Coil Master kit, and you can build a perfect coil literally in seconds, and dont have to worry about the trial and error of wrapping one by hand around a drill bit or screw. Dont be afraid to ask because we all started somewhere and were all here to guide the new vapers into vape heaven!

As far as your hardware question, my Kanger stuff was top notch, my Innokin MVP2 is pretty much bulletproof. My KSD Vamo has taken a few hits to the ground and still fires like it did on day 1. Ive got two Sigelei Minis now and those things have been rock solid as well. Not to mention you can get one for $31 at Vapor Range right now. Even if you dont need the whole 30w you cant go wrong with em. Ive subohmed briefly with them at around 20w and they were perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread