Status
Not open for further replies.

SKYYcamel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2009
Mississippi
Sometimes I feel like the Lone Ranger when it comes to RBA's, RTA's etc. I just can't stand them. I've spent more money than I care to admit buying wire, cotton, torches and all the other supplies. I've watched countless hours of "how-to" videos. I've built and rebuilt coils. Not to mention the money I've spent on various RDA's. After all this, I just love my Nautilus Minis with BVC coils. Nothing else is as satisfying to me. After 6+ years of vaping, they are my perfect set-up along with a nice VW box mod. Anybody else with me on this?

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Glad you found your sweet spot and you're probably saving money by not chasing the perfect topper since you already have it. I have a pretty deep collection of RDA's and RTA's that I enjoy and the one's I don't hit the bin.

But I probably still fit in the tootle puffer category since I rarely vape over 13 watts.

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
Whatever works for you is great! I can see where you're coming from. I myself use RDA's exclusively, for me, I prefer them over tanks. But, I kept hearing so much about dual coils, I gave it a shot. I was surprised to find they weren't for me. Many people may use them, and love them, more power to them, but wasn't right for me. It's great when you find what you like! Stick with it :)

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
No rules

whatever-floats-your-goat.jpg

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
I use my Nautilus 5ml all week for alot of reasons. The biggest one is that I can put it down and not worry about it leaking all over something. I vape between 12 and 14 watts depends on my current feel and really like it. I have a sub ohm rig and several rdas but my old go-to will always be my Nautilus. :)

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Anybody else with me on this?

Absolutely! There's basically two stages in my over four year vaping sojourn; eGo/eGoMDCC and iStick/Nautilus combos.

Chased da shiny, got disappointed with all too many toppers and now refuse to budge vaping wise 'til da EOTWAWKI. I have all da fixings to experiment once TSHTF.

Til then...

President.jpg

Oh, wait... never mind... too late!

freeall

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Canada
Nah, you're not the only one. Though, in general, atleast In the Internet world, you're in the minority for the most part.

I think there's alotta vapers (specifically newbies) that don't even know what they want. The general mindset is, more power, more vapor = better. Then again, everyone vapes for different reasons. (ex smokers, hobbyists, etc)

But no, you're not the only one.

Reactions: DC2

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
I'm at least one step below you as I use PT2's exclusively.

I do have a Kayfun and Russian (clones) that I admit do provide a much better vape (when I can get them coiled and wicked properly :grr:), but the PT's are sooooo much easier to coil, wick, fill and go. I have over 100 coils in rotation and enough wire and cotton to last a very long time.

However, I've read so many good things about the Nautilus I may have to give it a try.

SKYYcamel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2009
Mississippi
I'm at least one step below you as I use PT2's exclusively.

I do have a Kayfun and Russian (clones) that I admit do provide a much better vape (when I can get them coiled and wicked properly :grr:), but the PT's are sooooo much easier to coil, wick, fill and go. I have over 100 coils in rotation and enough wire and cotton to last a very long time.

However, I've read so many good things about the Nautilus I may have to give it a try.

The Nautilus Mini is as close to "set it and forget it" as I have found so far.

Reactions: Wheats

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
"Nah, you're not the only one. Though, in general, atleast In the Internet world, you're in the minority for the most part."

I'm not so sure about that, being in the minority, part. Blister pack users just aren't posting about searching for the best rayon or cotton or bacon etc. or showing those outrageous builds. Many threads morph to a rebuilding thread before their demise, adding to the possible misconception.

Some of us just want to vape and the longer I'm at it the lazier I've become. The RBA's sit and the various toppers using BVC's or GS Air coils get used and used and used.

Last edited:

Azarias

May 25, 2015
Illinois
You're not alone.
I rebuild for a few years now but the longer I rebuild an atty the lazier I get. When I get a new atty I love rebuilding it for some days and get lazy again.
I don't have any of the newer tanks yet (my newest non-RBA is the Kanger Protank 2) but I could imagine that with my Subox' arriving I'll get even lazier and buy new coils instead of building.

Reactions: grandmato5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread