Using Nic gum while flying

Status
Not open for further replies.

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
I'm going to be taking an 8 hour flight next month and I've decided to abandon my idea of stealth vaping, as the rewards are just not worth the risk in my opinion, if something were to happen and if it was discovered. I don't want to be the subject of a news headline "Unruly vaper causes flight to be diverted. Flight boarded by seven sheriff deputies with a SWAT team standing by as backup."

Has anybody ever used nicotine gum before? I was thinking about getting a small pack of gum and using that instead. At least that is not forbidden. I've never tried nicotine gum before, but I noticed that it comes in 2 mg and 4 mg. I'm not sure how that relates to nicotine mg in e juice, but I'll just get a small pack of the 4 mg I guess.

Does anybody else use Nicotine gum sometimes, like when flying?

Reactions: Rabbit Slayer

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
The gum works pretty good. Most of it tastes like dung though. I've heard you can just drop a bit of e juice on your tounge and it works the same as the gum. Course it still tastes like dung, but dung with a little flavoring!

Thanks, I'm not too concerned with the taste of the gum I guess, as long as it does the job that it's supposed to do.:)

I read that when vaping, most of the nicotine intake occurs in the mouth and tongue, so I guess if somebody was desperate, taking a drop of e juice on the tongue might just do the trick also. I'm going to go with the gum for now, but it's good to know that there are other options also.

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
It works, get the "Fresh Fruit" flavour, the other one (mint) is terrible.

If you vape low dose, get the 2mg (the 4 will make you gag). If you cloud chase high power high nic, you want the 4.

I started off vaping 18 mg nicotine about 3 months ago, and I'm currently transitioning over to 12 mg.

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
Read the instructions and follow them. I used the nic gum one time
and I was flying. Well I wasn't flying but the plane I was on was.
Anyway popped a piece in my mouth and must have chewed it like
bubblegum or something as a big glob of nicotine (that's what it
tasted like) went down my throat and I thought I was gonna drop
over then and there. I had a person sitting next to me and I had
to casually rip out a piece of paper from the Sky Mall catalog to
get rid of that gum asap. Did not need nic for the rest of the flight, ha.
And haven't tried it since. Just be careful.

Reactions: IgnorantCig

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
Read the instructions and follow them. I used the nic gum one time
and I was flying. Well I wasn't flying but the plane I was on was.
Anyway popped a piece in my mouth and must have chewed it like
bubblegum or something as a big glob of nicotine (that's what it
tasted like) went down my throat and I thought I was gonna drop
over then and there. I had a person sitting next to me and I had
to casually rip out a piece of paper from the Sky Mall catalog to
get rid of that gum asap. Did not need nic for the rest of the flight, ha.
And haven't tried it since. Just be careful.

Do you mean that you accidentally swallowed the piece of gum?

I will try to be careful, thanks. Maybe I'll get the 2 mg to be on the safe side, and I could always just chew another stick, if I needed to.

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
Do you mean that you accidentally swallowed the piece of gum?

I will try to be careful, thanks. Maybe I'll get the 2 mg to be on the safe side, and I could always just chew another stick, if I needed to.

NO. I still had the gum. But you are supposed to put it under your lip
or something and lightly press down. I must have chewed it like regular
gum and it is nasty that way.

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
NO. I still had the gum. But you are supposed to put it under your lip
or something and lightly press down. I must have chewed it like regular
gum and it is nasty that way.

Ah, ok, I see what you mean now. I would probably had done the same thing, and tried to chew it like regular gum. Thanks for the tip.

TotemHarpy

Jun 7, 2015
Mississippi, US
With the gum you're supposed to bite down ONCE, maybe twice and put it under the tongue or in the cheek. I watched a friend of mine when I told her this and she replied with "dude, it's gum how hard can it be?". 1min of chewing like bubble gum and she was running to puke and felt like mess for hours lol. So yes please read the directions!

Also Nicorette is expensive compared to the off-type brands, but it's worth it as far as the fruit flavor goes. I've tried both and both taste like poo and fruity poo, but the nicorette is "less poo" than the off brands :lol:

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
I use the Target Brand for flights and occasionally at work when I cannot get out the door to vape (stupid laws) I vape 12mg and use the 4mg gum.

It sucks but it does help. As others have said bite down a couple of times and then stick it in your cheek. Don not and I mean DO NOT drink anything or swallow with the gum in your mouth as that will make you feel very sick.

I use the mint flavor as IMO it taste the best out of the Target stuff.

BakedDragon42

May 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
I don't want to be the subject of a news headline "Unruly vaper causes flight to be diverted. Flight boarded by seven sheriff deputies with a SWAT team standing by as backup."
Does anybody else use Nicotine gum sometimes, like when flying?

i spit out my coffee i laughed so hard at this. i needed that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread