White House abruptly cancels meeting with vaping advocates

Status
Not open for further replies.

iVapeDIY

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
White House abruptly cancels meeting with vaping advocates

The White House abruptly organized — and then quickly canceled — a meeting Thursday with frustrated conservative policy leaders, to try to tamp down anger about a sweeping vaping ban that’s inflamed the Trump administration’s traditional allies, four individuals with knowledge of the meeting told POLITICO.

“A ban on flavored e-cigarettes could cost Trump a second term,” Paul Blair of Americans for Tax Reform argued in a Washington Examiner op-ed last week. The “well-organized vaping constituency could swing the outcome of the Electoral College one way or the other.”

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
"Juul, the dominant e-cigarette manufacturer, has avoided directly lobbying the White House since Trump’s ban was announced, said an official with knowledge of the company’s strategy, as it weighs short-term trade-offs versus long-term strategy.

“The company fully supports the flavor part of the ban,” said the official, adding that the rise in teen vaping has created public health concerns and puts the entire industry at risk. But Juul is still deciding its position on Trump's call to limit menthol e-cigarettes, because menthol is available in combustible cigarettes, the official added."

In my opinion, these asshats are our enemy.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
"Juul, the dominant e-cigarette manufacturer, has avoided directly lobbying the White House since Trump’s ban was announced, said an official with knowledge of the company’s strategy, as it weighs short-term trade-offs versus long-term strategy.

“The company fully supports the flavor part of the ban,” said the official, adding that the rise in teen vaping has created public health concerns and puts the entire industry at risk. But Juul is still deciding its position on Trump's call to limit menthol e-cigarettes, because menthol is available in combustible cigarettes, the official added."

In my opinion, these asshats are our enemy.
Business managers will do, must do, what's in the best interests of the owners, what ever that is. I believe the JUUL breakthrough is the form factor, not the flavors. To make it deliver enough nic per puff and still have decent battery life, they needed a high nic percent. I'm presuming the purpose of nic salts is to control the throat hit. If kids were so interested in flavors they should be favoring open systems, which apparently they don't. The kids won't miss a beat. Vape any flavor or lack of flavor and you'll adjust unless it is formulated badly. JUUL can only have a few flavors. On top of that if flavor was so important kids wouldn't smoke. Tobacco tastes awful.

The people going after vaping know their funding will be reduced as people stop smoking. That's the conflict of interest that's never discussed.

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Vape any flavor or lack of flavor and you'll adjust unless it is formulated badly. JUUL can only have a few flavors. On top of that if flavor was so important kids wouldn't smoke. Tobacco tastes awful.
Everytime I go back to smoking I notice it takes about a week to get over the taste and then I dont really taste it anymore. I suspect addicted teens will find the same thing with tobacco flavored vapes. They will get over it.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    I just hope they don't ban sale of liquid nicotine. As long as liquid nic sales are allowed, we can make whatever the fk we wanna.

Agreed but I'm gonna have a stockpile in a freezer because I don't trust them with anything.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Business managers will do, must do, what's in the best interests of the owners, what ever that is. I believe the JUUL breakthrough is the form factor, not the flavors. To make it deliver enough nic per puff and still have decent battery life, they needed a high nic percent. I'm presuming the purpose of nic salts is to control the throat hit. If kids were so interested in flavors they should be favoring open systems, which apparently they don't. The kids won't miss a beat. Vape any flavor or lack of flavor and you'll adjust unless it is formulated badly. JUUL can only have a few flavors. On top of that if flavor was so important kids wouldn't smoke. Tobacco tastes awful.

IMO ... you nailed it @sofarsogood.

And the high nic content also makes it more likely for these systems to enhance dependence.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    If kids were so interested in flavors they should be favoring open systems, which apparently they don't. The kids won't miss a beat. Vape any flavor or lack of flavor and you'll adjust unless it is formulated badly. JUUL can only have a few flavors. On top of that if flavor was so important kids wouldn't smoke. Tobacco tastes awful.

Kids (highschool and college) I know around these parts don't buy JUUL pods--they don't like JUUL flavors. :lol: Most of them buy JUUL-compatible cartridges with much bigger flavor selection for half the price. Watermelon is very popular. :facepalm:

And the main attraction of JUUL is its form factor--it's so small and easy to hide and use. The 60mg/ml salts keep them coming for more...

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    May I just say for the record I truly don't think vaping needs to change a thing. While I am no Juul fan, I also think if people want to vape that kind of nic they should be able to.

The fact that kids are getting into it? I'm sorry but more parents need to know that kids are like mice, they LOOK cute, but they will get into ANYTHING. I had a bunch of mice living UNDER my stove in one house for a while, like UNDER the burners and while I knew I had to exterminate them, they were just so damn cute.

However, that did not also mean they were not also unsanitary, vile, prone to recreation very rapidly, and etc. They got their punishment.

I also believe there is this sort of underlying cultural "myth" of survival of the species. Even (maybe ESPECIALLY) people without kids sort of think they should reserve some of the planet and save the children from themselves. My thing is more Darwinism, the kids that start out doing this dumb stuff, yeah,. they need to be dealt with but like, harshly and in a way that will allow them to learn lessons. Life lessons. Then they can contribute to the species valuably and whatever.

And I say this as ONE of those dumb kids. Now, my crud is straight so I can be a valuable member of society. And, while I ADORE most kids, I have met children where I have seriously thought, "Okay I love kids. And I'm NOT God either, but there is NO way I can see this child contributing valuably to society at ALL. And, it's not the autistic ones actually,. it's more like the ones who are so antisocial, you just don't know what to do, or rather, you DO know but you also know the recovery rate is 3% until after age 60 when they MAGICALLY tend to chill out."

The brain is a black box I am telling you as is society.
    Anna

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Agreed but I'm gonna have a stockpile in a freezer because I don't trust them with anything.
    How much can your freezer hold? Im thinking about ordering 3 L but Im not sure I can store that much plus the other .25 L I already have in there plus food. That is the question.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: stols001

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    How much can your freezer hold? Im thinking about ordering 3 L but Im not sure I can store that much plus the other .25 L I already have in there plus food. That is the question.

I'm actually ordering it and more nic this week. The guys in another thread said 6L could fit in a 1 cubic foot mini freezer but I'll probably get a 3 cubic foot one. Right now I just have 2L in my kitchen freezer.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    You need to check Craigslist and get another freezer. Also it would depend on how much food you are talking about, so your question cannot be answered at this time.

I have a box freezer, but I'm pretty sure if I had two frozen deer in there, I wouldn't be able to fit my nicotine as well. For example.

Anna

Priorities, Anna, priorities.
    :lol::lol:

Jman8

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 15, 2013
    Wisconsin
    “A ban on flavored e-cigarettes could cost Trump a second term,” Paul Blair of Americans for Tax Reform argued in a Washington Examiner op-ed last week. The “well-organized vaping constituency could swing the outcome of the Electoral College one way or the other.”

This was my take initially upon hearing the news. I voted for Trump (not shy about it), and was dismayed by the fake news he peddled on Wednesday regarding need for a flavor ban.

But if Trump loses in 2020, our opposition (next POTUS admin) will make Trump look the president of CASAA, comparatively speaking. I do think in 2016, some (on the left) had that rationale at work, but if Trump isn't an ally to vapers, then American politics currently has no allies running for POTUS in 2020. At least that have a realistic chance of winning.

iVapeDIY

ECF Veteran
    Sep 1, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    Vape Store Owners Are Freaking Out About Trump's Ban
    1568404715030-vape-store-owners-are-spooked.png

Some e-cig industry people in Florida said they were actually registering to vote against the president in response to the move.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread