I just read this News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
The FDA has a decision on e cigs.they are supposed to be banning all flavored pods.
They are not going to be banning top tank e cigs because kids don't like them.

I hope this is true.friday we should know more. Happy New year.
To me this would be like banning beer and not banning whiskey because kids like beer but don't like whiskey.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
To me this would be like banning beer and not banning whiskey because kids like beer but don't like whiskey.

Hey, at least we have whiskey for the time being. Besides making your own beer isn’t all that tough.

I think you’ve got the best analogy on that.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Here's something to think about. Imagine if everything that is for adults but kids like is banned so kids wouldn't get it. Kids like marijuana and they are trying to make that legal everywhere. I don't use drugs and I'm not against legalizing drugs. I'm against banning anything but I'm all for holding people responsible for their own actions.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I think you've got that backwards. Most of us aren't drinking shots of whiskey (50-60 mg pods). We're drinking wine, or or beer. Seriously, the parallel is mg/ml and alcohol-by-volume. A strong whiskey can be 50% ABV, wine is generally in the teens, and beer is in the single digits.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
It's kind of like banning most candy, but leaving dark chocolate legal.
Proper dark chocolate is not "candy". Kids won't eat it. Many women won't either.

81p25IbkiML._SL1500_.jpg

There's a reason this stuff is called "Gentlemen's Chocolate". :laugh:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Here's something to think about. Imagine if everything that is for adults but kids like is banned so kids wouldn't get it. Kids like marijuana and they are trying to make that legal everywhere. I don't use drugs and I'm not against legalizing drugs. I'm against banning anything but I'm all for holding people responsible for their own actions.

And to think, IL became the 11th or 12th State (can’t keep track anymore) to legalize recreational marijuana, yet it was illegal THC cartridges that killed over 50, sickened another 2,000 (and it was no joke sick, they were seriously ill). Yet no one talks about whether those illnesses should impact legalization processes.

Mind you, I’m for legalization, I don’t really care what others do as long as it doesn’t impact me, but all the associated hysteria about THC cartridges hasn’t dampened anyone’s desire to get high. Besides, the legal stuff will still be age limited and fairly expensive, so kids will continue to buy black market cartridges and get ill and die. We’re not done with “vaping kiils another teen” stories yet.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I think you've got that backwards. Most of us aren't drinking shots of whiskey (50-60 mg pods). We're drinking wine, or or beer. Seriously, the parallel is mg/ml and alcohol-by-volume. A strong whiskey can be 50% ABV, wine is generally in the teens, and beer is in the single digits.
My point with the analogy is they are banning something that is illegal for under 18yo (21yo now) but kids like it.
When I was a kid and we wanted to get buzzed we would get good old Boones Farm. Wild Mountain or Strawberry Hill. $1.29 a bottle. Alot of kids did. We also would get beer. It was cheap and you didn't have to mix it with anything. Maybe if they would have banned that we wouldn't be getting drunk because hard alcohol and good wine was nasty. Obviously we never should have been drinking anyway. I started smoking when I was 10yo. I stole them from my parents. I also bought them from vending machines. When I was 13yo or so I never had problems buying cigarettes at the store most of the time. Maybe they should have banned cigarettes too because kids were smoking.
I'm truly against banning anything especially stuff that is for adults that kids get their hands on.
And yes when I was a kid I was a pot smoking fool among other things I'm not proud of. I haven't smoked pot for decades, cigarettes for years or drank alcohol for years. I don't hold it against anyone that is over 18yo that does. As far as kids doing it I'm like the crazy old man that will lecture the hell out of kids that do.

Last edited:

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
I saw Trump's comments also, and he's acting like the only adult in the room realizing that destroying an industry for the only reason being "the children" is stupid. And he's right.

I keep hearing the never vaper's mantra of it's killing people. But the only portion of vaping industry that's killing people is the THC/CBD portion of the industry. But nothing in the flavor ban affects those portions at all, you know the THC and CDB portions that are actually killing people. Although to be fair, most of the really harmful products are black market, but the reality remains the same since the ban wouldn't help that at all. The nicotine portion of the industry doesn't kill anyone. That's the true hypocrisy of the flavor and vaping bans. It doesn't solve the problem the antis say needs to be fixed for the good of all mankind.

The other real proof this is BS is places like Amazon where you can't buy vaping devices. But that's not really true is it? You can go on Amazon right now and buy vaping devices for THC/CBD products, even devices that take cartridges. And some of the vaping devices for THC/CBD are Prime eligible, so Amazon stands behind the products for returns and warranties. But no way for a nicotine devices on Amazon. Just crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread