What would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian M.

Jul 22, 2021
Norton, MA
Hey guys my name is Brian and I'm a new member. I was an avid vaper from 2014-2017, but I went back to smoking nasty cancer sticks and came back to vaping in January of this year. I picked up a Smok RPM80 and it's not a bad pod system setup, but I want to get back into sub ohm vaping and after extensive research I have come down to 3 top contenders and I want to know which of these 3 options you would pick. Also of anyone owns any of these three vape kits can you please let me know what you think of them. 1. Freemax Maxus 100W w/ MaxLuke tank 2. Geekvape Aegis Max 100W w/ Zeus sub ohm tank 3. Vapresso Gen S w/ NRG-S Tank. Please let me know what you would go with!/.

Thank,
Brian M

Ed Swain

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2018
www.vapesuperstore.co.uk
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Posting in unauthorized section of forum

Brian M.

Jul 22, 2021
Norton, MA
Hey what's up Dan?! Yeah I'm looking for the best starter kit I can find with a budget of $55 - $60. These three were on a specific site I have used and I know all three are goodz but I was wondering which would be the best. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Resistance

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
U have to take into account that u need also batteries and it's good to have an external charger cause it's not good for the mod to charge the batteries especially in a hot climate.....u can do it but it's not the best for the longevity of the mod..... just saying...

I don't own any of the kits u mention but I know they are not the same category cause the gen s mod is double battery mod while others are single battery ones...single battery mods are not bad it's just that if u vape with the most wattage demanding coils that all of those atomizers provide then the battery won't last much...
U propably didn't have great battery with the pod so maybe u are used to that or u don't mind tho...
You can't go wrong with any of those and it's personal preference....but I know for sure that many people say the freemax atomizers produce great flavour...

If I was you and didn't mind the bigger size I would get the gen s kit cause it has double battery and it's always nice to charge less often...

Also I own a gen mod and I know it's solid and in future u maybe decide to use rebuildable atomizers so a double battery mod can support any wattage u want and it's besides the size it's for any use u want to do

Ed Swain

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2018
www.vapesuperstore.co.uk
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Posting in unauthorized section of forum

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
2. Geekvape Aegis Max 100W w/ Zeus sub ohm tank 3. Vapresso Gen S w/ NRG-S Tank.

Out of the 3 you mentioned...I'd choose 1 or both, of the 2 above. I'm not a subohm vaper, but I've bought several of each for "my stash" because I can use the mods with other tanks and/or RTAs.

Several friends vape subohm though, and they're ALL loving both of those set-ups! I've been able to find them some really good Sales to get them from US vendors, too...not from China. Have gotten the Vaporesso Gen-S Kits for as low as $28+change and the Aegis Max Kits for around $32 each at the most.

ETA: There is also a variety of drop-in coils that are compatible with each of those tanks, too. You don't have to use only GeekVape and Vaporesso coils in them.

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hey guys my name is Brian and I'm a new member. I was an avid vaper from 2014-2017, but I went back to smoking nasty cancer sticks and came back to vaping in January of this year. I picked up a Smok RPM80 and it's not a bad pod system setup, but I want to get back into sub ohm vaping and after extensive research I have come down to 3 top contenders and I want to know which of these 3 options you would pick. Also of anyone owns any of these three vape kits can you please let me know what you think of them. 1. Freemax Maxus 100W w/ MaxLuke Tank 2. Geekvape Aegis Max 100W w/ Zeus sub ohm tank 3. Vapresso Gen S w/ NRG-S Tank. Please let me know what you would go with!/.

Thank,
Brian M

I'd go with a dual battery mod for true sub ohm, DL, higher wattage vaping.

If your keeping it under 30 or 40 watts a single battery mod is fine, but anything higher and you may find a dual battery mod more fitting just for battery life considerations.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I own a few Geekvape Aegis Max 100W's. Good sturdy mod that takes a 21700. It will even deliver a decent/usable TC controlled vape if you want to try that at some point.

This thing is "industrial". It has a rubberized body and waterproof looking plug for the USB port and the screw on battery door has a nicely made flip out D-Ring to help you unscrew it. (and a O-Ring on the door)

I picked one up and liked it so got a few more for the stash. (they were cheap enough)

Sorry, IDK about the others or the atomizers/tanks you mentioned.

g.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Hey guys my name is Brian and I'm a new member.

Brian, while everybody has different habits and vapes differently my only advice is that your going to want to have TWO setups.

While personally I have more mods/setups then I can count, I regularly have a dozen "in service", being mostly filled up with both juice and charged battery. If the tank or battery on the one I'm using runs low I just plug it into a nearby USB charger and grab another one that is ready to go.

Frankly, outside of a 1/2 dozen or more mechanical and Dicodes mods (that don't have USB ports), all my mods are almost always recharged via the USB port. While mod makers never have gotten USB charging to work right with multiple battery mods (I have a bunch of dual battery mods that I never use as I don't like the size+weight+changing batteries) there never has been anything wrong with using the USB port to charge single battery mods.

So get a charger or not get a charger. There is really nothing wrong with ether decision.

g.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Gotta agree with George.
    You will never be satisfied with just one mod (no matter how good it is)
    So plan on buying two. (or more) I have 4 mods laying on my desk, and 4 more in a tray all loaded up & ready to go.

You said that you wanted to go sub ohm, and I can't help you there. Others can.
    For me, a 2.0 ohm coil works much better than a 0.2 ohm coil.

Resistance

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2020
    There's nothing wrong with the Maxus 100w.
    Then again there's nothing wrong with the other two mods either just I won't know because I never owned any.
    The Maxus 100w is quite a nice mod. It does well with other tanks like the Zeus.
    There's also the Maxus 200 dual Battery mod. So look at all these different mods before you make a choice. And if your into rebuildables. There's a rebuildable deck for the Mpro subtank.
    Still your choice.

• Useful
    Reactions: Superuser187
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread