Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
IMG_20170316_220416552_HDR.jpg

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Nice! I have a Wraith in my regular rotation as well, though I use an OL16 for a RDA as I did not care for the included one.
I am not thrilled with the posts, for a fact. I know why they did it, but I don't like the gigantic wire holes, or the fact there's only two instead of four. I also don't care for Phillips post screws, but that's on me as I haven't gotten around to replacing them with socket head grubs. The black one was all grubby from going to work with me and I was going to burn it clean this evening, but I burnt a wire in two and had to recoil. It was build .5 duals, 28ga SS316, 8/7 on 3mm, wicked rayon. I feel sure the hot spot was in the posts. So, having burnt a wire I went back with a 28ga SS316 two wire twist, 6/5 on 3mm, for .5 again. The screws tightened up well this time and I think it will work well.

All that said, I love the way the atty breathes, and the small volume suits me just fine. I get a great flavor profile in it. If I have solved the wire problem-- wait and see, I guess-- then I am not likely to change the atty. I have a hollow post Vector that might look good on it if I have to.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
This is heresy, I know, but I like them better than my Reo.
I hate to say, but I do too. I get so much better a hit off of these reg mods compared to straight mechanicals. I love my mechs and will never turn them loose, but in the meantime, .3 ohm duals at 65 watts does me perfect. I was thinking about getting one of those wraiths and see how I like it, but I'm really liking these Kangers. And they have the ability to go to 160W if I wanted to, which I never do.

Reactions: Darth Omerta

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
I hate to say, but I do too. I get so much better a hit off of these reg mods compared to straight mechanicals. I love my mechs and will never turn them loose, but in the meantime, .3 ohm duals at 65 watts does me perfect. I was thinking about getting one of those wraiths and see how I like it, but I'm really liking these Kangers. And they have the ability to go to 160W if I wanted to, which I never do.
If you like what you got, I say stick with it. I do like the Wraiths, though. Nice squonker.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
I am not thrilled with the posts, for a fact. I know why they did it, but I don't like the gigantic wire holes, or the fact there's only two instead of four. I also don't care for Phillips post screws, but that's on me as I haven't gotten around to replacing them with socket head grubs. The black one was all grubby from going to work with me and I was going to burn it clean this evening, but I burnt a wire in two and had to recoil. It was build .5 duals, 28ga SS316, 8/7 on 3mm, wicked rayon. I feel sure the hot spot was in the posts. So, having burnt a wire I went back with a 28ga SS316 two wire twist, 6/5 on 3mm, for .5 again. The screws tightened up well this time and I think it will work well.

All that said, I love the way the atty breathes, and the small volume suits me just fine. I get a great flavor profile in it. If I have solved the wire problem-- wait and see, I guess-- then I am not likely to change the atty. I have a hollow post Vector that might look good on it if I have to.
I ended up getting the best results from a Clapton coil that came out to .5 ohms. It was a little to warm for my taste. Currently in my OL16 I run 26g kanthal 9 wraps at 2.5mm which comes out to .9 ohms. Just perfect at 20w.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Reactions: suprtrkr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread