Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
No specific suggestions, but the switches are rated for maximum applied voltage and maximum current. If you exceed either, the switch will fail, i.e. burn, weld it's contacts, melt...

So as long as your home built doesn't go over either max rating, whatever fits your build should work.

Reactions: Feeq

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
well why some of them dont put a mosfet in their mech d.i.y ?

I'm not ignoring you. I just don't know the answer. But it seems to me the mech boxes not using a mosfet make the battery connection by using a metal arm that touches the positive of the battery(s) when the button is pushed. So, a fully mechanical method of completing the circuit rather than an actual button switch.

Reactions: Feeq

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
so two 18650 batts = 2 x 3.7V?

If in series, yes, you add the voltages. Bear in mind that fully/freshly charged, they'll be at 4.2, so 8.4 would be the maximum total voltage in series.

Calculate the max current at closer to the lowest voltage. Seems that many who run mechs opt to swap out batteries when they get down to about 3.6, as the vape falls off at lower voltages.

OfTheBrave

Jul 13, 2015
Hi to all,

I need to ask about push buttons as im making my own mechanical box mod(2x18650). I saw stuffs like (DC36V 3A ~~~) or (12V 3A) . what does it mean? and any suggestions for momentary push buttons for my 2x18650 mechanical box mod? Help is greatly appreciated!

I have to agree with others here. Don't order or assemble anything until you have a better understanding of electricity.

I myself, am not an expert but from what i understand, most people who build "Mech Boxes" (more commonly called Unregulated Box Mods) will use a MOSFET so that the current load does not pass through the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread