about momentary push buttons~

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
well why some of them dont put a mosfet in their mech d.i.y ?

Can't answer that because I don't know who "some of them" are and what they are building.

But the biggest point to make on this subject, is that you are Not making a Mech box, unless you are making it without wires and electronic switches. While there are Mechanical Box mods out there, they are few and far between. No wires, no sleds, solid metal pieces for connections, metal strips and/or bars for switches.

If you are going to solder some wires to a sled, wire up a switch and expect to Vape, you need to know what you are doing with your Unregulated Box mod. The switches that can handle the batteries you want to use AND the amps that Could be forced through them, are expensive and bigger than You want to use. Hence the Mosfet push. Probably an IRLB3034PBF and a 15kohm resistor. In fact, you will probably need to use 2 of them together to ensure your unregulated mod batteries can handle the possible low sub-ohms you want your coil(s) at. This will also allow you to use just about Any DC rated momentary off-on Switch that you want.

While I would rather use a regulated device, I have made boxes without mosfets and boxes with mosfets. Even the PWM devices that I now put together have mosfets in them (3 really, 2 to regulate the power and one to allow me to use a switch I want.). But, I also keep my ohms above .5ohms.

Now, while the ECF has many great resources, it does not have them all. If you really want to learn and Plan for your box mod, go to the Breaktru forum for your learning!

Reactions: Feeq
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread