Actual 801/901 Connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDM

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Maybe this should have been posted here instead of buried.

Found a supplier in china who MAY be able to get the actual 801/901 connectors. Would there be any interest in ACTUAL connectors for mods??
No more cutting up batteries or making them out of phone jacks.

Supplier wants to know if it would be worth their time to find them. What do you think??

If they can find them I will give out the suppliers name and you can contact them directly. Dont want them slammed with e-mails until they say they can get them.

Keep fingers crossed!!

TDM

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
ok folks here is the deal........

801 and 901 are made at one factory. She can get connectors no wires conneccted to them you would have to solder wires to connectors yourself.

Only 1 problem and it is a BIG PROBLEM!! they don't want to sell them. they will sell her 1000 of them 1 time for $3000!! $3 a piece

She has agreed to take pre-orders Once she hits the 1000 piece mark of either the 801 or 901 connectors she will buy them and ship them out. But they need buyers for the connectors before they will buy them\ from the factory

What might be an idea is:

if someone wants to set up a little business and has the cash to invest in stock:
selling kits of parts. I'd say the NicoStick would be a good choice.

You would get the proper atty connector, case, switch(es), battery (the one normally need to get from China if not to cost a fortune), perhaps some wire and an LED and resistor.

It would be worth the kit maker to buy the connectors in bulk, and I suspect the price could be brought down to $399/1000 with some bargaining (I have some experience in China). The batteries could be shipped at the same time as the connectors.

Would you buy such a kit ?

Last edited:

TDM

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
What might be an idea is:

if someone wants to set up a little business and has the cash to invest in stock:
selling kits of parts. I'd say the NicoStick would be a good choice.

You would get the proper atty connector, case, switch(es), battery (the one normally need to get from China if not to cost a fortune), perhaps some wire and an LED and resistor.

It would be worth the kit maker to buy the connectors in bulk, and I suspect the price could be brought down to $399/1000 with some bargaining (I have some experience in China). The batteries could be shipped at the same time as the connectors.

Would you buy such a kit ?

Do it yourself screwdriver kit $49.99. Can see the website now. hehe

mogur

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Whidbey Island, WA
Grin. Now you guys are cooking. The disposable atty/cartridge combos are available online for $.90/ea @ 1000. So, yeah, the connectors by themselves should be available for at most a third of that cost.

Predrilled and/or machined battery boxes, flashlight bodies, plumbing tubes, jewlery cases, etc could all be offered with the kit. All ya gotta do is solder and glue it up. And if ya can't solder, there's push on terminals. Now, what would cha pay? Your choice of batteries are included. Your choice of atty connector. Your choice of auto or manual switch, passthrough, or solar powered beanie cap. Lifetime guarantee.1

1Lifetime of this advertisement only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread