ACTv3 (Arry Carto Tank) is coming to Stormy's Vapor Cellar!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndustrialAction

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Northern VA
Here's my new black chrome and blue LED ProVari with my new ACTv3. The carto punch works flawlessly. Very cool stuff. I expected aluminum or SS parts but I guess delrin is non reactive and helps keep the price down. Thanks Stormy!! (BTW - you rock!!)

d8e4e9af.jpg

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
Nice setup you've got there!
I wasn't sure what to expect on the punches, I asked him about them at the last minute before he shipped my order. He said he had a few and I took them, I've had a few customers ask if I could get them. I didn't even get to keep one for myself! LOL
Glad to hear they work well, although I had no doubt coming from Arry. ;)

IndustrialAction

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Northern VA
The punch is a little different than he shows in his YouTube video. It is delrin instead of aluminum but it works the same basic way. It also has two thin plastic shims so you can adjust the depth of your punch. I followed the instructions and punched it once with both shims in place and then a second time with one shim removed. That gave me the perfect hole.

chadster214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2011
Left Coast!
Here is a pic of mine.....not the same as my other two

I bought 2 of these ACTV3 from Stormy and I noticed that I got 2 different 510 connectors. one of them is the same above. I think Arry uses different 510 connectors to build these tanks. it seems he modified the 510 to 510 connector and glued it on the bottom cap.

Last edited:

NestoChe

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Marietta Ga
Here's my new black chrome and blue LED ProVari with my new ACTv3. The carto punch works flawlessly. Very cool stuff. I expected aluminum or SS parts but I guess delrin is non reactive and helps keep the price down. Thanks Stormy!! (BTW - you rock!!)

d8e4e9af.jpg

Wow, nice Provari IndustrialAction. It sure beats my coming today Lava Tube!..lol I can't wait to try it with my Arryv3 tank.

Oh, and Cloudburst, I think I'm the one that got the last Arry v3 tank and punch hole gadget. It was close, I think I wouldn't have made it before you ran out of them because I checked you're website and I didn't see them anymore.

peace
Ernesto

Lowjack12

Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Cherry Hill NJ
Can somebody post a pic of the bottom of the tank 510 connection? I think the pin on mine might have been installed upsidedown......

Well, I'm a dumb a$s. The connecter is just fine. Turns out I had a bad carto. I guess it had to happen at some point. Working just fine. I read somewhere that Arry is already working on the V4. Not sure what he could improve on with these tanks.

IndustrialAction

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Northern VA
I honestly can't get over how perfect this thing is. Better than any tank out there. No leaks, consistent vape and just all around high quality. The delrin still puts me off a little but it is a small thing all things considered. I swore I'd only buy one but now I need a second.

Oh, and I've had the same carto in there for three, going on four days. I haven't had a carto last more than two since I started vaping. Usually they gunk up and get trashed but this one still tastes like a fresh fill. Definitely a winner. Guess I'll have more money for tanks if I have to buy fewer cartos ;)

ms421

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
OKC
I don't post very often, but these tanks are so simple and effective that I have to . . . I agree 100% with IA . . . how can these possibly be improved? I've had mine for 2 days now and have refilled it 5 or 6 times without the slightest leak! Thank you, Stormy, for carrying these and for your great customer service . . . finally a tank that lives up to its hype and more!

IndustrialAction

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Northern VA
Well, I got four days out of one carto before it got gunked up. That's awesome. A carto used to last one day. I'm going to save so much using these tanks.

Stormy, you should make some kind of carrying case to keep tanks in. I'd buy one! Big Daddy has something cheap and simple for his. Definitely need one for this bad boy.

NestoChe

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Marietta Ga
I agree, I have one and it is so easy to fill up and put together. It was worth the $$$. I give it an A+++ in design, construction and leak-proof.

The only thing I notice was the taste in the beginning of using it. The taste of my juice was a little off and not tasting the way it should. But now I just notice it is coming back after a few days sitting/steeping inside the tank. Maybe it needed to be soaked in the tank? Also, the draw is a little like sucking air but I'm getting use to it now. I'm not sure but I think it is because it needs the original cartomizer white tip in addition to the drip tip attached on top of the tank and it makes it a hard draw. Any of you guys experiencing the same with the different taste with you're e-liquid and the long draws/sucking?

But overall, this is a great tank!, I would buy another and I feel confident this tank is not going to leak at all. Good job Arry!

peace

Brutus Buckeye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Body in Knoxville, TN
www.facebook.com
OK a couple of questions. I have used a tank previously and it had the slotted cartos with 2 slots and wicked very well. With the punch method would 2 punches be needed or is one sufficient? Also I had always previously filled the carto first before vaping. I noticed in Scott's video he id not mention if he did that, what are you guys doing?

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
I received mine today, thank you very much Stormy, and I'm fired up to get it up and vaping. Need to run to Home Depot and pick up the hole puncher aka the saddle tap, which I will do tomorrow AM.
Unfortunately, I thought I had some stainless Boges, but all I had were black ones, so I'm fighting with removing the residual adhesive after peeling off the black "tape". BTW.... any suggestions about that? I've tried 90% isopropyl and acetone so far and it's still real sticky. I seem to remember acetone doing a great job in the past.
The fit and finish of the tank is amazing and I'd say Arry has really outdone himself with this version. I don't know what else he could do to make it any better. I love having the 510 fitting in the cap. It is truly a fine device and I'm sure it will give me a great deal of enjoyable vaping.
Soon as I have the goods to get running, I'll report back. I'm sure it will be nothing but rave reviews.
Thanks for offering such great products, Stormy. horton -- out

Vapian

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2011
Lexington, KY
... I thought I had some stainless Boges, but all I had were black ones, so I'm fighting with removing the residual adhesive after peeling off the black "tape". BTW.... any suggestions about that?

Goo Gone works pretty well as long as you're careful about not getting any on the inside of the carto.

Another thing LOML suggested and, to my surprise, works pretty well is olive oil. It's a little bit more work but way less smelly or potentially dangerous.

Either way I wipe down the outside of the carto with PGA or alcohol wipes afterward for a nice, clean, ready to vape carto.

chadster214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2011
Left Coast!
I had a tight draw issue with this tank. I have to push the 510 extender down 1mm to get a little airflow since the juice well on my provari and lavatube is the same height as the 510 connection so it leaves no gap when screwed in place. What i've noticed with this tank is Arry did not use any glue to secure the 510 extender which is a big plus!

Last edited:

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
I've heard from many tank users that 1 hole is sufficient. My last tank had only one and it was wicking just fine.
Arry's directions included in the bag say to fill the carto as usual prior to putting it into the tank. I only do this the first time with a new cart. After that, I only fill the tank and have never had an issue.

NestoChe

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Marietta Ga
I had a tight draw issue with this tank. I have to push the 510 extender down 1mm to get a little airflow since the juice well on my provari and lavatube is the same height as the 510 connection so it leaves no gap when screwed in place. What i've noticed with this tank is Arry did not use any glue to secure the 510 extender which is a big plus!

Thanks chadster214 for that info, much appreciate it!..I'll try and do like you said. I also have a LavaTube and maybe that is why I'm not getting airflow.

Great info!

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread